Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I reckon Bruce will be gone by Sunday. Conte? Gattuso? Howe? There's not many out of work who would be immediately obvious, so will they buy someone out of their contract? Can't see Jose jumping ship even though I've always thought he saw himself here one day. Some noises of Graeme Jones taking temporary charge which will stop the booing against Spurs but you would think they'll want some kind of party, which means new boss and manager both in place. 

Aye surly he's gone by then

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Can’t wait to see him go :lol: 

What a shift in circumstances. Absolutely unbelievable. 

I thought we had Bruce & Ashley forever.

It sure felt like forever.

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Can’t wait to see him go :lol: 

I thought we had Bruce & Ashley forever.

It's fucking mental init?  here we were saying the other day how he would still be in a job in Jan whilst we were rock bottom.

Fuck off hippo heed, your time is done.

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

It's mental how much of a shift - we've gone from scraping our way out of one relegation battle, feeling destined for another, to wondering which world class manager will replace Steve Bruce.

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It's fucking mental init?  here we were saying the other day how he would still be in a job in Jan whilst we were rock bottom.

Fuck off hippo heed, your time is done.

What does Allardyce have to do with it?

• Haha 1

There's not that many decent managers out of work atm. Zidane and Conte clearly the best 2, and you would imagine Zidane has his eye on the Man Utd job. 

Failing that you're into the likes of Wilder, Howe and Lampard. I'd have taken all 3 last week but if we are building towards a long term plan and have money to spend then none of them sound particularly exciting anymore.

After that you need to get someone already in work. Rafa and Poch were the 2 linked with us last year but I'm not sure either would be willing to jump ship now. 

So you're left looking at good managers working at smaller clubs. Which is probably why Rodgers and Gerrard are top of the bookies lists

got to be conte hasn't it? that would be a statement of intent. is he the kind of manager to take over a project like this though? he might fancy it in a few years once someone else has done the grunt work to reestablish us as a top half side 

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I couldn't cope with Brendan Rodgers man. Fuck that. :lol:

:lol: I imagine he’d demand a banner of his face with ‘a new era’ underneath to be draped across the gallowgate. 

Really can’t see Conte since I imagine he has eyes on the Man U job but Gerrard would fit the bill for me. Young manager currently doing above and beyond what you’d expect, will be someone who will attract players and is a right arrogant cunt as well which, to be honest, is exactly what all our managers should be now

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I couldn't cope with Brendan Rodgers man. Fuck that. :lol:

For a not particularly handsome bloke who looks like he’s had a hard paper round he definitely has a few bob on himself. And the same goes for Brendan Rogers 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

Aye I just feel like we'd be blowing the opportunity if we went for someone unproven. Build something, achieve something, THEN take a chance on someone. But don't risk the FFP cash on someone who might or might not be a good manager. 

• Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United