Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If he's in charge on Sunday and we win and then they sack him...............

I must admit I fucking hate when these journalists start acting like fans don’t get it :lol: “not contractually simple to change things quick” erm aye it really is just sack the cunt. Personally I think they want a sports director in first, I think they probably also want it to look like it’s not a decision purely to get fans on side. If he’s manager of another game I think it’s a wrong decision whatever the optics they’re trying to show are. 

• Like 2

Aye I think they're looking at a SD first.  However totally agree,.  If he is still in charge at Spurs it will be 90 minutes of abuse thrown at him.

Fuck it.  Keep him in charge.

NO seriously.  Surly it would send a message and the players would potentially get a bounce from it.  Keep him in charge for that and if we get a dry bumming that's not a great start.  In December we have;

Bin Dippers

Man City

Man Utd

Everton

We need points on the board now.

• Like 2

They're probably just looking for a bit of balance between sacking the incumbent and finding his replacement. If they're not making any progress on the latter, makes sense to delay the former. You don't want to end up managerless for a month or whatever - looks incompetent and can cause you to make a bad decision on the replacement if your preferred choice starts dicking about. 

• Like 2

What makes them look more incompetent now?  Sacking Bruck and having no one lined up or in place for a few weeks, or sticking with a manager they are clearly going to replace and allowing him to take us closer to relegation.  Because theres zero chance in an upturn in results while that fat sack of shit is running the team.

• Like 5

Yeah idk about this, I think they need to get rid of him. Nothing good is going to come out of him taking another game for the club, especially if we get smashed. Which we will because the man is fucking useless. What's wrong with just having a caretaker for a bit? Jones would be fine. Couldn't do worse.

4 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

What makes them look more incompetent now?  Sacking Bruck and having no one lined up or in place for a few weeks, or sticking with a manager they are clearly going to replace and allowing him to take us closer to relegation.  Because theres zero chance in an upturn in results while that fat sack of shit is running the team.

The point is that there's no guarantee of a replacement in a few weeks. That's the unknown part of the equation. What if it becomes 6 weeks and we're still losing games and our preferred candidate starts blowing hot and cold, or worse pulls out altogether? 

I totally get that people want Bruce out, and I don't think we've got a moment to waste, but it's finding a replacement that is the real matter of urgency, not just sacking the current bloke. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1

I think the fact he’s taking training today and not giving them a day off is a sign that something they’ve said to him yesterday has sunk in somewhere. The way I see it is that they’re probably going to have a couple of meetings with him to see what ideas, if any he has about improving the squad and training ground etc. He’s still a contracted employee, may as well see if he has any ounce of a good idea in him.

I guess it comes down to whether you think Bruce is adding any positives at all to the team. For me, he's taking a team of players and somehow managing to make them less than the sum of their parts. As such, getting rid of him means that we at least won't be any worse than we already are, and might even get a bit better.

If he's managing the club and getting pelters from all angles of the stadium, he's going to start phoning it in more than he already is, looking for the sack.

He just adds nothing, at least as far as I can see.

• Like 3

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I think the fact he’s taking training today and not giving them a day off is a sign that something they’ve said to him yesterday has sunk in somewhere. The way I see it is that they’re probably going to have a couple of meetings with him to see what ideas, if any he has about improving the squad and training ground etc. He’s still a contracted employee, may as well see if he has any ounce of a good idea in him.

Aye. There's every chance he was as jaded by being an Ashley employee as anyone else. I'm not under any illusion that he's about to become a competent manager, but maybe they can get him operating on at least a more motivated level for a week or two. Listen to the bloke, fix some things that he calls out as issues, and you might just get him a bit engaged. 

THEN. Then you sack the cunt. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The point is that there's no guarantee of a replacement in a few weeks. That's the unknown part of the equation. What if it becomes 6 weeks and we're still losing games and our preferred candidate starts blowing hot and cold, or worse pulls out altogether? 

I totally get that people want Bruce out, and I don't think we've got a moment to waste, but it's finding a replacement that is the real matter of urgency, not just sacking the current bloke. 

Yeah I get what you're saying but what benefit do you see in sticking with him?  If we aren't able to get a top target in a matter of a couple of weeks and we stick with Bruce until Christmas or whatever, are we likely to be better off that we would be getting shot of him and having Jones as caretaker until then?  Personally I think just no having Bruce will at least give the hope of a bounce.  I can't see him being able to turn things around himself.  We all know from actually watching the games rather than just looking at the results, that any upturns in form that we've seen in spells over the last two season have been down to luck and brilliance from individuals, rather than anything he has done to positively influence things.

• Like 3

Seems to me like I'm Keegan about to get world beating performances out of a bloke we all know isn't good enough. And you lot are Joe Kinnear, farting into your own hands and forcing the players to smell it. 

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

Yeah I get what you're saying but what benefit do you see in sticking with him?  If we aren't able to get a top target in a matter of a couple of weeks and we stick with Bruce until Christmas or whatever, are we likely to be better off that we would be getting shot of him and having Jones as caretaker until then?  Personally I think just no having Bruce will at least give the hope of a bounce.  I can't see him being able to turn things around himself.  We all know from actually watching the games rather than just looking at the results, that any upturns in form that we've seen in spells over the last two season have been down to luck and brilliance from individuals, rather than anything he has done to positively influence things.

I'm not suggesting Christmas or giving him a chance to turn things around. He absolutely has to go. But I can fully understand if the new owners want to at least make some progress on talking to a potential replacement first. 

I’m sure the new owners have inherited an absolutely shambolic corporate structure that is taking some working through as well. If we’re so understaffed on the playing side, imagine the other departments. Charnley was pretty much overseeing every single area, no wonder it was a nightmare

• Like 2

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United