Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Ronny Gill is saying Rangnick is interested. Quite how Paperback Ryder knows is a mystery, like.

No, he rang Nick, and he's interested.

36 minutes ago, Tom said:

The express says we’re having talks with Lampard this week :huh: 

Just linked with basically every out of work manager tbh. The press are completely out the loop on the happenings imo, most of them didn’t exactly do much to get into the good books of the new owners so I imagine it’ll take a little while before they have any actual club source. 

8 minutes ago, Howay said:

Just linked with basically every out of work manager tbh. The press are completely out the loop on the happenings imo, most of them didn’t exactly do much to get into the good books of the new owners so I imagine it’ll take a little while before they have any actual club source. 

I think that Caulkin has been the closest to Staveley throughout all this and even he was saying fuck all as the takeover was going through.

The problem for journos with a takeover is that suddenly they have to have very different contacts that they haven’t had time to cultivate.

This lot don’t seem to let much leak unless they want to so I’d treat the speculation with a pinch of salt.

Chronicle and Downie reporting that pre-match interviews with Bruce for the weekend game have been cancelled, so surely a pretty big clue that he'll definitely be gone, probably by tomorrow. Can't see them have him take training all week and sack him on the Saturday before the game. 

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It’s so painfully obvious which paragraphs he penned :lol:

The former Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has emerged this week as the favourite to replace Bruce and interestingly the current Newcastle head coach has a good relationship with the former England international and was one of the first people to get in touch when he was sacked by Chelsea last season. 

It could even be that Bruce has recommended him as his successor, although that has not been confirmed by anyone involved in the process. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Or they know were going to get arseholed and dont want the poor cunt to face the questions of 'is that you well and truly finished you useless wanker?' 

Sorry read that as post match. 

Makes sense now :lol:

Postponed? Granted I haven't seen the Downie update, only read it second hand on the chronicle. So maybe the chronicle got their wires crossed. Wouldn't be surprising of course. How is Friday postponed in any case, when it's a Sunday match to begin with. Friday would have been the normal day for pre-match interviews anyway wouldn't it? 

Edit. Probably should have just clicked on the tweet to being with. Apparently the interviews they are referring to are most likely the ones that Sky do for the build to the game on Sunday, as opposed to the pre-match press conferences. From my perspective this is actually another indication he won't be at the club. Why would you do pre-match interviews during the week with someone who won't be there for the game. Most likely they'll do something quick with Jones on Friday, or we'll actually have a manager in place, but most likely not on the bench who will field a few questions. 

Edited by Polarboy

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United