Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

As people have been saying at decent well run clubs there's usually an infrastructure, a brain trust of executives and managerial staff who have extensive knowledge of football and the football world, and the skills and contacts that enable them to navigate said world. These people, CEO.s, managing directors, directors of football, etc. would engage in detailed meetings in order to decide upon the best course of action in order to move in the direction of a pre-agreed vision for how they want the club to be. Currently at Newcastle we have Penfold and the tea lady. 

I’d say realistically we only have the tea lady

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Close enough. First draft had you starting at early 40s, but it didn't get past the cunt of an editor in my head. :lol:

I was 31 man. So depressing. 

28 😩

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Close enough. First draft had you starting at early 40s, but it didn't get past the cunt of an editor in my head. :lol:

I was 31 man. So depressing. 

I was 40ish. I was depressed about that already :lol: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

As people have been saying at decent well run clubs there's usually an infrastructure, a brain trust of executives and managerial staff who have extensive knowledge of football and the football world, and the skills and contacts that enable them to navigate said world. These people, CEO.s, managing directors, directors of football, etc. would engage in detailed meetings in order to decide upon the best course of action in order to move in the direction of a pre-agreed vision for how they want the club to be. Currently at Newcastle we have Penfold and the tea lady. 

Aye, but shouldn't they have known that it didn't have these things? That's my issue with this, there's no possibility that they've gone in blind on a £300m takeover and been surprised by what's there. Which means that they either intended to wait as they're doing, i.e. part of the plan, or something has thrown them off.

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, but shouldn't they have known that it didn't have these things? That's my issue with this, there's no possibility that they've gone in blind on a £300m takeover and been surprised by what's there. Which means that they either intended to wait as they're doing, i.e. part of the plan, or something has thrown them off.

As people have been saying, Simon Jordan for example who can say the odd sensible thing when he's not licking his own arse, it could be the case that Staveley,, the Reubens, even Yasir Al-Rumayyan the new chairman, were surprised by the speed at which the climb down and resolution over piracy occurred. That really seems to be the only reason the deal wasn't going through. So you can know what the club doesn't have in detail all you want, but if you have no definite date of takeover you can't plan anything or line anybody up. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I expect that major decisions like sacking will need to be signed off by the PIF. That will require things to move through PIF channels in Saudi and who knows how long that takes. They won’t have preapproved something like this as it’s all moved very fast, and presumably it wont be just about Bruce but the football structure and who they appoint there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

As people have been saying, Simon Jordan for example who can say the odd sensible thing when he's not licking his own arse, it could be the case that Staveley,, the Reubens, even Yasir Al-Rumayyan the new chairman, were surprised by the speed at which the climb down and resolution over piracy occurred. That really seems to be the only reason the deal wasn't going through. So you can know what the club doesn't have in detail all you want, but if you have no definite date of takeover you can't plan anything or line anybody up. 

Well yeah that's what I've been saying too, several times. They've been caught out by the speed of it.

Was accused of tackling it like a mackem for that sentiment but I'm glad we've worked it through :lol: 

🤣

Warnock:

“He’s a good manager, a good man. I think he deserves a little bit better in terms of respect after the way he’s played in his career."

“When I see fans knocking on his car as he’s going out of the training ground, surely they can afford some security at a place like that? It just disappoints me."

“He’ll get another job, you don’t realise what it’s like, the restrictions that he’s managed under for so many years, he’s been unlucky in the fact that he’s had to take the full brunt."

“I do feel for him, but he’ll come again, he’ll go away and he’ll come back and somebody else will get a good manager.”

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

Hard one really. He needs sacking but who will want to join that is of the required standard (at this point)? Newcastle will be going places but the club has a poor squad, has been mismanaged for ages, and is sitting low down in the table and unable to spend until January (which is a bad time for buying regardless of how much you can spend). Tough decisions. 

That little turd in the end that just wont go down the drain. The tower of shite that's taken its sweet time coming out the hole went down the toilet fast enough, yet left a lingering sign of the stink that had been around for so long. Well, even the final turd will go down with the 2nd or 3rd flush. And then you can well and truly take a brush to the bowl and a warm wipe to the arse. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Didn't she die? 

Aye, her skeleton’s in a rocking chair in the attic and Charley regularly goes to consult her, after he’s checked the showers.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

I was only 18 :lol:

fucking hell thats been a long 14 years

You poor bastard. :lol: I was 18 in the promotion season of 92-93 which was fucking class, that season and the next my two favourite seasons, literally what a time to be alive! :lol: I even had a great time as a bairn 'watching' the Keegan, Waddle, Beardsley promotion year albeit I only got to one game. 

• Haha 1

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United