Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

So why have a manager at all?  Let's have a Director of football.  Save money /Ashley.

Joking aside.  yes, Nov is two weeks away.  But as others have said.  These things take time.  So lets say We stick with Bruce until new years.  Are you confident we stay up?

27 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

So we should rely on luck getting us out of this run like we did the last couple?  Because there's no way you can try and tell me that it was Bruce's magic that got us out of those runs.  My drug fucked memory isn't so bad that I can't remember how shit we still were in those games towards the end of last season where we managed to scrape points.  West Ham played with 10 men most of the game and still deserved to win.

I appreciate we can wait a bit to make sure we get the managerial appointment right, but Bruce is a negative we just don't need.

What? No, not my point at all. It was that we've plenty of time and there's no need to be wetting the bed or owt. 

We've 31 games to get those points and we've managed to get to c45pts after a shocking start before under Steve Bruce and Benitez with worse squads than we'll likely have by the end of the January window this season. 

I 100% think we should bin off Bruce, but more and more reports seem to be suggesting he won't be binned before the Spurs game, which I think is a huge misstep. 

Edited by The Fish

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So why have a manager at all?  Let's have a Director of football.  Save money /Ashley.

Joking aside.  yes, Nov is two weeks away.  But as others have said.  These things take time.  So lets say We stick with Bruce until new years.  Are you confident we stay up?

You've gone from 2 weeks to 10 weeks. 

Insidefootball are saying that Bruce is going to be facing the media on Friday. Fuck knows how true that is given it's Insidefootball, but if it is it would suggest that Bruce will be in the dugout on Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What? No, not my point at all. It was that we've plenty of time and there's no need to be wetting the bed or owt. 

We've 31 games to get those points and we've managed to get to c45pts after a shocking start before under Steve Bruce and Benitez with worse squads than we'll likely have by the end of the January window this season. 

I 100% think we should bin off Bruce, but more and more reports seem to be suggesting he won't be binned before the Spurs game, which I think is a huge misstep. 

I fail to see what you're arguing about then.  Everyone is saying Bruce should be binned but no one is saying that we should also have a new manager in this week.  It seems that you're agreeing with everyone else but doing it in an argumentative way.

• Haha 4

Let’s say they keep Bruce for a while. 

We’ve already seen his “best efforts” when he thought his job was rock solid. 

Why would anyone think that a dead-man-walking would do any better than he has over the last few years? 

Everyone, him included, knows he’s getting chopped, get him out the door now before he humiliates himself and us any more than he already has. 

• Like 2

Chris Waugh just confirmed that Bruce will face the media at 1:30 tomorrow. So the most plausible outcome is that he'll be in charge for at least one more game. I think they've likely gone in there and realised that Bruce isn't that unpopular with the players, Jones isn't manager material after his Luton stint, and have decided to hold fire until they get a director in place to pick a new coach. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

You’d think that, even if they give him a false incentive, he might have turned up to work more than twice this week so this is him trying to implore them to sack him then shows how much that compo is on his mind. :lol: 

Quite. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I fail to see what you're arguing about then.  Everyone is saying Bruce should be binned but no one is saying that we should also have a new manager in this week.  It seems that you're agreeing with everyone else but doing it in an argumentative way.

Wykiki is pissing his pants. "Do we have enough time?", "Is that not too late?", "Don't PANIC!!"

The rest of you lot should be more like me. Zen motherfuckers, zen.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Wykiki is pissing his pants. "Do we have enough time?", "Is that not too late?", "Don't PANIC!!"

I was calm until I found out Bruce was still going to be picking the losing team on Sunday.

• Like 2

Just now, The Fish said:

:lol:

I just don't see the point in having the cunt in.  He's fucking shite.  He's a fucking bad smell.  Like Fist has said.  What's going to change how he operates now?  He's not changed at all giving the cunts a day off now.

Keeping Bruce on is going to cause more problems than what it's worth IMO.  It will detract at pressers, it will cause anti-bruce chants at ground and will cause media questions.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

I was calm until I found out Bruce was still going to be picking the losing team on Sunday.

To be fair, whoever picked the team, it's going to lose on Saturday.

No Wilson = No win.

Just now, The Fish said:

No Wilson = No win.

:lol:

But we will have someone who will be thinking about changing players or tactics during the game rather than thinking what local takeaway he's getting his tea from.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

No Wilson = No win.

Don't think Wilson has been ruled out yet though has he?  I don't think we're winning this no matter who is available and who is in charge tbf.  So in that sense we might as well wait until after this game to get shot of him.  But I do think he's going to spoil my day on Sunday.

• Like 1

I personally am looking forward to him having to endure a press conference where every question is basically "You do know you're about to lose your job though, right?". 

I might watch my first NUFC press conference in years. 

• Haha 6

Wilson has a chance doesn't he? As for Bruce and the game the fact is that, again, most of the players don't seem to mind him, so perhaps Staveley and Co. don't see the value in giving Bruce the heave-ho as soon as. Are the chances of us winning suddenly going to go up if we boot out Bruce beforehand? The only advantage really is short term optics with the fans, as in pretty much everyone, who hate him.  

Edited by Polarboy

9 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Wilson has a chance doesn't he? As for Bruce and the game the fact is that, again, most of the players don't seem to mind him, so perhaps Staveley and Co. don't see the value in giving Bruce the heave-ho as soon as. Are the chances of us winning suddenly going to go up if we boot out Bruce beforehand? The only advantage really is short term optics with the fans, as in pretty much everyone, who hate him.  

There are definitely players who can't stand him.  The Longstaff's both think he's a total prick.

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United