Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

I don't think he can be put on gardening leave. That's the problem with the contract - it sounds like it's permanently rolling, which allowed Ashley to keep him on a relatively low salary, but which is also why paying him off is so costly. 

If you put him on gardening leave, he'd effectively be permanently contracted to the club. 

And this is why it's taking so long to get rid of him, because he doesn't want 70% of the value, he wants it all. They're basically in negotiations to sack him because of the poison pill Ashley has left them with. 

I need to re listen to the podcast to confirm the above is correct but that's what it sounded like on first listen. 

Just give him his £8 million & get rid of him. Sundays a day of celebration. With Bruce still in the dugout it'll be like someone's dropped a log in the bog & forgot to flush 💩 

Aye I've just relistened to that section. That's what the problem is. Lowered operating costs for Ashley but tied the new owners to an £8m bill to get rid of Bruce. 

They're trying to get him to come down on that amount, but what incentive does he have to do that? Very little. 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United Fan Steve Bruce clings on for as much compensation as possible

Just listening to it now.

I don't blame Bruce tbh like sexy Gem says.  It's Ashley's fault.  Although it does sound like he wants / wanted out.  So lets speak hypothetically.  If FCB was still in charge.  Would bag puss still have sat and waited to be sacked?  Yet he says he's one of us eh?

Going forward though.  Sounds like they're looking for a manger just for the remaining games of the season and then get someone in new in the summer to take them onto the next step.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't think he can be put on gardening leave. That's the problem with the contract - it sounds like it's permanently rolling, which allowed Ashley to keep him on a relatively low salary, but which is also why paying him off is so costly. 

If you put him on gardening leave, he'd effectively be permanently contracted to the club. 

And this is why it's taking so long to get rid of him, because he doesn't want 70% of the value, he wants it all. They're basically in negotiations to sack him because of the poison pill Ashley has left them with. 

I need to re listen to the podcast to confirm the above is correct but that's what it sounded like on first listen. 

Right well if that's the barrel we're over then the new owners really have no leg to stand on, unless they're hoping that they'll save a few million by forcing Bruce to be humiliated on Sunday. Again, this should have been well known to them as they bought the club so while I appreciate they may as well make an attempt at saving some money, if it isn't working then they should already be at peace with what they need to do.

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

A rolling contract isn't in perpetuity. Surely it just means that he needs three years notice to end or payment in lieu of that.

Just now, ewerk said:

A rolling contract isn't in perpetuity. Surely it just means that he needs three years notice to end or payment in lieu of that.

Listen to the podcast CT has posted. I'm just reporting what the bloke on there is saying. 

6 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Fuck the useless cunt, pay him up but tell him it is in cash in a bag at the embassy.

Bet he takes a cheque for 70% straight away if that happened!

There ain't a bone saw big enough to get through that flab.

I wonder if, in addition to wanting the full pay out, the 1,000th game milestone is in his thinking. He's a Newcastle fan and in years to come he can say that he got to his 1k game as manager of his boyhood club in the Premier League. 

Probably not, but honestly I've not eaten today so I'm a bit airheaded.

• Haha 1

Well you know, I was united manager for my 1k in management.  Well, not thee United I wank over all the time.  Well, as you know. When I can find my acorn.  It's difficult these days, as you know with the belly sores.

• Haha 3

Just now, The Fish said:

He's a Newcastle fan and in years to come he can say that he got to his 1k game as manager of his boyhood club in the Premier League.

Can I call bullshit on this. Bruce is not a Newcastle fan, he's a fucking Man U fan and I'd hazard a guess he was one of those cunts that even supported them as a child, instead of his hometown club.

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United