Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We are the richest club on the planet man :lol: 

Even the Mackems can give a manager the boot. I can't think of a single positive for keeping Bruce as manager for a day longer than necessary! He's sucking the life out of the players and the fans during what should be the happiest time in 15 years for the club 

It's been a week and a half man, and you're saying it's a total balls up that the DOF AND the new manager weren't in post by the end of the first week. That's madness and completely unrealistic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's been a week and a half man, and you're saying it's a total balls up that the DOF AND the new manager weren't in post by the end of the first week. That's madness and completely unrealistic. 

We don’t need both appointments straight away. They can take their time over that and get the right people in. May as well lance the boil in the interim and get rid of Bruce - even if it means a month or two of Jones taking training on his own. 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One does not simply walk into Newcastle

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We are the richest club on the planet man :lol: 

Even the Mackems can give a manager the boot. I can't think of a single positive for keeping Bruce as manager for a day longer than necessary! He's sucking the life out of the players and the fans during what should be the happiest time in 15 years for the club 

What's more shambolic? Keeping Bruce in position for now or sacking him first day then looking like fools as it takes us six weeks to appoint his replacement?

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

What's more shambolic? Keeping Bruce in position for now or sacking him first day then looking like fools as it takes us six weeks to appoint his replacement?

Stick Graham Jones in as an interim manager and you buy yourself 10 weeks until the January transfer window opens to get these things in place then 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Stick Graham Jones in as an interim manager and you buy yourself 10 weeks until the January transfer window opens to get these things in place then 

That doesn't quell the speculation. The longer it goes on the more questions will be asked, the more accusations of incompetence will be levelled. It's the first major decision facing the new ownership, you don't make that move until you're ready to. Sacking Bruce would be the easiest win for them to give the fanbase a boost but it's what comes after that will make a tangible difference to the club. PIF will already have signed off on his dismissal but let's give them the time to properly plan what comes next.

• Like 5

My take on it is

- it was perfectly reasonable for them to come in and take stock before talking to/appointing anyone. 

- I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Bruce getting his 1,000th game was a bit of easy PR for them. Manager who's inexplicably popular with the press and pundits, they would have just attracted a load of shitty press if they'd binned him on 999, and to what end - we would still have got humped. 

- I think he'll be gone very soon and the proper work can start. In the meantime I imagine they are working wild hours trying to assess everything that needs fixed at the club (and it is basically fucking everything) and we'll see work start very soon on it all. 

There needs to be some patience though. 14 years of neglect isn't gonna be fixed quickly. People can't be up in arms after a week and a half that things aren't going to their personal timetable. 

We're not seeing incompetence here, which seems to be the perception, just because things aren't happening at breakneck speed. Stuff just takes time.

• Like 11

The longer this drags on though the more questions will be asked in the media by his pals about the new owners 'dragging Brewcie' through this.  He clearly doesn't want to be here either.  He is way out of his depth.  The players are fighting its a complete mess.

Totally agree that they need to do the correct thing and get the foundations in first.  But if we have Bruce in for another 6 weeks we are in trouble IMO.  We will be sucked further into the relegation battle and it will be harder to get out of.  I think we will still be able to attract some players in Jan, even if it's loans.

Take a look at two different recent Premier League sackings for comparison. 

Spurs sacked Mourinho just before a cup final. They went on to lose. They put in a caretaker for a couple of months who was way out of his depth. They then spent another couple of months going from target to target only for it to fall through every time and ended up appointing a fella who guided Wolves to 13th in the table. They were a laughing stock.

Chelsea meanwhile knew they were going to sack Lampard and he was living on borrowed time. They gave him the chop only when they were ready to which gave them the space to approach and reach agreement with Tuchel. Lampard went and Tuchel was appointed the next day.

Which of those situations looked the more professional?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

The longer Bruce remains in charge, the more frustrating it gets because we need to start accumulating points. Just sacking him while they pin down their sporting director and head coach might give us a lift:  

Give it Jonesy till the end of the season 

If, as has been suggested, he's responsible for our up turn last season does it then sort of follow that Jones is doing fuck all to arrest our decline this season? ...

Edited by PaddockLad

I think having Al-Ramayan actually in the country and face to face with the other owners should speed things up a lot. 

I think if they'd announced Jones would takeover as Interim Head Coach they could have fired Bruce the day after the takeover. But the more it drags on the more blunt Damacles sword looks above his head. We all know he's going to be fired at some point in the near future, so dithering on that front doesn't look like they're taking their time to get shit sorted, it looks like they don't know what to do. 

Jones can look after the squad while the DoF is appointed, then if the senior backroom staff are in place and suddenly the right man becomes available remove Jones as interim and install the new man. Hopefully in time for the January window to be fully exploited. 

The longer this drags on the worse the atmosphere in the stadia and on the training ground will become. 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

If, as has been suggested, he's responsible for our up turn last season does it then sort of follow that Jones is doing fuck all to arrest our decline this season? ...

Bruce is still the bloke who picks the side, chooses subs etc presumably.

I presume it was Bruce who thought it was a good idea to play Ritchie at left back in a back four, to keep Joelinton on all game and to play Ryan Fraser in centre mid when he finally brought him on.

I dunno, perhaps Jones is to partially to blame for the disorganised defence as he was coaching them. He might not be up to much as an interim manager but fuck me, it can’t get any worse can it? May as well give the cabbage his marching orders on Sunday’s evidence.

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's not FM22, DAVE. You can't just assign all your responsibilities to your assistant while you go for a wank. 

Cheers for reminding me. 

About the game. Don't need reminding to visit the masturbatorium.

Edited by The Fish

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I presume it was Bruce who thought it was a good idea to play Ritchie at left back in a back four, to keep Joelinton on all game and to play Ryan Fraser in centre mid when he finally brought him on.

I dunno, perhaps Jones is to partially to blame for the disorganised defence as he was coaching them. He might not be up to much as an interim manager but fuck me, it can’t get any worse can it? May as well give the cabbage his marching orders on Sunday’s evidence.

I am not totally convinced on Jones. He’s probably responsible for some tactical impetus but I di also fear he is responsible for mit st of the zany ideas to play players out of position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No, no and no. Read ewerk's post where he compares Chelsea & Spurs managerial processes from last season and then tell us we should just sack Bruce. Even fuckin Ashley didn't sack Allardyce or Hughton without having someone lined up. If it's going to be a double appointment of DoF & coach then that will take time. Chill out. Rafa didn't win till the first week in November in 2018 and we pissed staying up...

• Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United