Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

If reports are to believed I can't understand how Howe is even in the same conversation with Fonseca and Farve. Literally the only advantage he has is experience in the league. And sure he had Bournemouth playing some decent stuff and kept them up for a few years, but he also spent a fair bit of money and took them down.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Gives him time to warm up the vocal chords. 

247104630_3938807406220100_3325066362597

Guaranteed his opener is My Way. 

#freepintsforsingers :lol:

:lol:

Glens vodka and rich energy. #£8m #payoff #splashingout #Walkerhouseparty #icelandpizza #agadoo #Russabbotatmosphere #haystravelbrochure

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

If reports are to believed I can't understand how Howe is even in the same conversation with Fonseca and Farve. Literally the only advantage he has is experience in the league. And sure he had Bournemouth playing some decent stuff and kept them up for a few years, but he also spent a fair bit of money and took them down.  

No. 1 priority is to get out of the relegation battle and stay up this season. 

I’d imagine they aren’t looking at Howe ( if they are) , as a long-term manager. 

If, as we hope, they’re getting a DoF, appointing Howe now gives them breathing space until January to get the right one in place. 

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

No. 1 priority is to get out of the relegation battle and stay up this season. 

I’d imagine they aren’t looking at Howe ( if they are) , as a long-term manager. 

If, as we hope, they’re getting a DoF, appointing Howe now gives them breathing space until January to get the right one in place. 

So we hire a manager who's last job seen him get relegated? Look obviously he's a vast improvement over Bruce, but my point remains, if Fonseca and Farve are realistic targets, then Howe should be nowhere near it. 

Just now, Polarboy said:

So we hire a manager who's last job seen him get relegated? Look obviously he's a vast improvement over Bruce, but my point remains, if Fonseca and Farve are realistic targets, then Howe should be nowhere near it. 

Just watching a YouTube podcast with the guy from 90 minute mag and he’s adamant that all three are being interviewed today.

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I can't get my head around Howe, sorry like. :lol: We need organising right now and not just the back four and Howe isn't the answer short term or even long term.

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

I’m not saying I agree with Howe either, just saying how I could see their thinking after them watching the Spurs game. 

They’re not daft, but they’re not experienced at running a football club either- but they are, by necessity, ruthless. 

If they can get someone like Howe in on a relatively short term contract to steady the ship, I wouldn’t be surprised, even if they fuck him off before January (if he does what he’s tasked to do and has us in a “safe” position by then.). 

We’ve had 14 years of stagnation and apathy, so it’s going to take us a while to get used to having people who give a fuck in charge again :lol:

49 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m not saying I agree with Howe either, just saying how I could see their thinking after them watching the Spurs game. 

They’re not daft, but they’re not experienced at running a football club either- but they are, by necessity, ruthless. 

If they can get someone like Howe in on a relatively short term contract to steady the ship, I wouldn’t be surprised, even if they fuck him off before January (if he does what he’s tasked to do and has us in a “safe” position by then.). 

We’ve had 14 years of stagnation and apathy, so it’s going to take us a while to get used to having people who give a fuck in charge again :lol:

I don't think he'd steady the ship, that's the trouble. I've said it before but Rafa would be the ideal man for our current predicament, it's a shame he seems to have principles unlike a few others I could mention. Shelvey would jump off the Tyne bridge if Rafa came back. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Jamie Redknapp’s brother Mark rents one of Eddie Howe’s homes…

Harry Redknapp is a bit of a mentor to Howe….signed him as a player for Pompey..

Jamie & Harry known to be on very friendly terms indeed with Jamie Reuben..

Wether this means that Howe is Reuben’s choice for our new coach & it is him feeding stuff to the press eg this https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eddie-howe-discussions-newcastle-steve-25244816 is impossible to say but it all sort of fits… #southcoastmags/sandbanksmafia :cuppa:

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I don't think he'd steady the ship, that's the trouble. I've said it before but Rafa would be the ideal man for our current predicament, it's a shame he seems to have principles unlike a few others I could mention. Shelvey would jump off the Tyne bridge if Rafa came back. :lol:

I’d like nothing more than Rafa to come back and finish what he started, but as you say, he’s not going to break his word to Everton. 

I honestly have no idea who we’ll end up with after Bruce, but whoever it is can’t be any worse than the Baconmeister. 

• Like 2

Listening to Chris Waugh on the Athletic podcast talking about why Bruce hasn't been given the sack and it makes a lot of sense tbh.

They reckon all of the coaching staff he brought in (considering all of Rafas were dumped when he left) would be leaving too, meaning when Bruce went we'd literally only have Graeme Jones as a coach and no one else. Which is why Jones as caretaker isn't really seen as a viable option.

If it then took a couple more weeks or however long to get a manager you're looking at trying to get a club to survive in the PL with one coach, maybe bringing harper back from the academy to help out. Which is considered too great a risk.

Paying out 8 million for Bruce and more for his coaching staff and not having an actual successor manager and coaches in line is likely seen by PIF as too risky, so Bruce will be here until we have his replacement signed.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, OTF said:

Someone needs to have a good honest chat to our Jamaal to let him know that he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is, especially given he seems to have a propensity to blame everyone but himself. Hopefully that's what Hayden was doing. Can't play the ball out, loses his man constantly, is lazy and doesn't close down. He's occassionally a threat from set pieces in attack and is reasonable at winning balls in the air but I'd have Fernandez, Schar and Clark ahead of him as far as being more rounded footballers (in that order). He works in a back 5 only because marking a man isn't as essential. I think Bruce favours him and Clark over Fernandez and Schar simply because they're native english speakers.

I wouldn't have Clark anywhere near the first team.  The only reasons for him to be there are that he speaks English and is left-footed.  Not good enough reasons, clearly, and not good enough for the PL.  Should have been sold in the summer, but presumably was given a 15 year contract instead.

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United