Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I like the idea of keeping him around to send to meet other clubs in their desperate gatherings. Condescending to the point of amusing. 

They all have their top brass there and we have Charnley reading pre-prepared statements. Love it.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m not saying for one minute Lascelles is a world beater but look at him under Benitez. There was talk about him being called up for England and he was linked with Champions League clubs. He talked about how the manager would have little chats with him on an almost daily basis about little things he could do to improve his game. Under Bruce he’s gone backwards, massively so. I pick on Lascelles in because it sums up the ‘development’, or rather lack of, of players under Bruce. But also, you would at least think an old skool manager, who was a very good centre-half would at least be able to drill a side well defensively. The useless fucking cunt couldn’t even manage that 

He was decent under Rafa,no more.I certainly never thought he was good enough for England,and I know no one who thought differently.He now doesn’t even mark anyone at corners.He must run more miles than any other defender due to him leaving his defensive position so often,contributing greatly to our regular shambolic defending whether we concede or not.He’s our leader yet cannot lead,our defensive organiser who cannot organise,our motivator who cannot motivate.He’s shite.

1 hour ago, Howay said:

He’s an absolute disgrace with those comments btw. I have absolutely zero respect for him after reading that, not that I had any anyway tbh. Bringing up his parents death ffs, he’s the bloke that took a massive dump on the club who stuck by him and did right by him through that period. 

He never ever worked to get the fans on side in anyway, all he did was come out swinging by constantly playing the victim, having his mates write criticisms of the fan base and club while he did the same in his pressers. If he’d have shown an ounce of humility or respect towards the fan base maybe his whole respect shite would hold some water, but it goes both ways and he never respected the club, the fan base, or his job as he took the absolute piss from day one. He can’t honestly hold his head up and say he tried his best with this job can he? He tried to skate by doing the absolute minimum and treat any criticism as insult. 

Fuck off Steve Bruce, you’re an absolute disgrace. You total fucking failure. Enjoy knowing you absolutely ripped off the club you claim to love. 

steve-bruce.gif

• Haha 5

Pilfered from F365's mailbox.  For a man who never quits, he sure seemed to quit a lot.....

Steve Bruce is a disloyal (redacted) part 2
Thanks for the Steve Bruce facts and figures. But you left out “reason for leaving”, so I’ve done it for you.

Sheffield United

July 2, 1998 – May 17, 1999

Days in charge: 219

Reason for leaving: walked out and a week later started at…..

Huddersfield

May 24, 1999 – October 16, 2000

Days in charge: 511

Reason for leaving: sacked

Wigan

April 4, 2001 – May 29, 2001

Days in charge: 88

Reason for leaving: walked out to go to…..

Crystal Palace

May 31, 2001 – November 2, 2001

Days in charge: 154

Birmingham

December 12, 2001 – November 23, 2007

Days in charge: 2168

Reason for leaving: given permission to speak to…..

Wigan

26 November,  2007 – June 3, 2009

Days in charge: 589

Reason for leaving: given permission to speak to…..

Sunderland

June 3, 2009 – November 30, 2011

Days in charge: 882

Hull City

June 8, 2012 – July 22, 2016

Days in charge: 1482

Reason for leaving: walked out in frustration at the club’s direction (coincidentally just after having been interviewed for the England job)

Aston Villa

October 12, 2016 – October 3, 2018

Days in charge: 721

Sheffield Wednesday

February 1, 2019 – July 15, 2019

Days in charge: 165

Newcastle

July 17, 2019 – present

Days in charge: 826

Reason for leaving: “left by mutual consent”

Tally

Walked out to go directly to another club (x3)

Walked out and started at another club a week later (x1)

Given permission to speak to, and started immediately at, another club (x2)

Walked out in frustration at the club’s direction (coincidentally just after having been interviewed for the England job) (x1)

Sacked (x3)

“Left by mutual consent” (x1)

I’ll make no further comment.

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

Coming out and calling the bloke a cunt probably wouldn’t be the best way to go

Aye but then you'd think he just wouldn't say anything if he felt that way.