Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

In May 1999, Bruce resigned from his post [at Sheffield United] after just one season in charge, citing turmoil in the club's boardroom and a shortage of funds for transfers

Clearly not the man for Ashley.

Edited by Happy Face

Fucking arsehole cunt who I want at this club about as much as I want Ashely and co. Always detested him more than most other people in football (certainly more than I've ever hated Wise). Better than Kinnear (hardly a recommendation) but that shouldn't be the criteria.

was a chequebook manager, now used to living off scraps at wigan. doubt whelan would like to let him go without a fight.

There is history between Whelan and Ashley. They can't stand each other I believe. Whelan feels Ashley dropped JJB in it re shirt price fixing.

Fucking arsehole cunt who I want at this club about as much as I want Ashely and co. Always detested him more than most other people in football (certainly more than I've ever hated Wise). Better than Kinnear (hardly a recommendation) but that shouldn't be the criteria.

why?

So so true and a wasted opportunity to boot

Always claims to be a Geordie but in reality is now a died in the wool manc who has always been angling to eventually take over from Fergusson.

And the shite he came up with in the studio when we twatted them five nil has always stayed with me.

I can't blame him for feeling more affinity for the side who paid his wages tbf.

All I know is that we need someone better than JFK and Bruce fits the bill.

Always claims to be a Geordie but in reality is now a died in the wool manc who has always been angling to eventually take over from Fergusson.

And the shite he came up with in the studio when we twatted them five nil has always stayed with me.

I can't blame him for feeling more affinity for the side who paid his wages tbf.

You can blame him pretending he's arsed about NUFC though.

I know what you mean, but he doesn't play for them now so I guess he can show a different allegiance. I don't doubt he USED to support us, then he went on to win pretty much everything with arguably the biggest and best British club of the nineties. It would have been insane for him to have rattled on about us. I doubt we'd want to hear one of our players singing the praises of a rival club just because they happened to have supported them as a kid. Don't forget we were actually their nearest rivals for a while too.

Bobby Robson was no different. His "bleeding black and white" didn't appear to happen until he was nearly 70 and I love the guy.

I know what you mean, but he doesn't play for them now so I guess he can show a different allegiance. I don't doubt he USED to support us, then he went on to win pretty much everything with arguably the biggest and best British club of the nineties. It would have been insane for him to have rattled on about us. I doubt we'd want to hear one of our players singing the praises of a rival club just because they happened to have supported them as a kid. Don't forget we were actually their nearest rivals for a while too.

Bobby Robson was no different. His "bleeding black and white" didn't appear to happen until he was nearly 70 and I love the guy.

I am have this completely wrong but......didn't Bruce have a trial with us and end up going to Norwich instead? IF that's true - and it's just based on a vague recollection - I'd imagine he'd have disliked us for many years. Hell hath no fury and all that.

Edited by Kitman

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United