Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm not suggesting Christmas or giving him a chance to turn things around. He absolutely has to go. But I can fully understand if the new owners want to at least make some progress on talking to a potential replacement first. 

I can understand them wanting to do that, and while I also agree that they might want, and probably need, to get some information from him about the squad etc, I think it will be a massive mistake to have him in charge on Sunday.  And leaving it too long between now and then only makes it harder for Jones to prepare the team.

• Like 2

If results go against us this weekend with Bruce in charge, we could be cut adrift . Plus I'd imagine the crowd would quickly turn very toxic towards Bruce if Spurs knock in an early goal. Get rid off him now & give Jones a go until there real target manager is sorted 

Edited by trooper
  • Like 1

Don't like the idea of Brendan Rodgers taking charge, but as stated before on the thread, the new owners will need time to strip out the old regime and install a more professional operation. So a decent manager and what looks like the beginnings of a decent spine of the team for signings I'm happy enough. Steve Bruce, although I have nothing personal against him, just strikes me as a wetwipe. 

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’m sure the new owners have inherited an absolutely shambolic corporate structure that is taking some working through as well. If we’re so understaffed on the playing side, imagine the other departments. Charnley was pretty much overseeing every single area, no wonder it was a nightmare

Don't they want to keep Charnley on though? I'm sure I read something to that effect. I could maybe, just about, see the logic in that on the basis that I guess they do need some manner of continuity so that they can tackle the day to day operational challenges without needing to reinvent the wheel. 

I suppose we just have to hope that they know what they're doing, but Bruce being in charge for our next game would set off alarm bells for me. And we'd get fucking stomped as well, which isn't how I'd want to start the new era personally.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Don't they want to keep Charnley on though? I'm sure I read something to that effect. I could maybe, just about, see the logic in that on the basis that I guess they do need some manner of continuity so that they can tackle the day to day operational challenges without needing to reinvent the wheel. 

I suppose we just have to hope that they know what they're doing, but Bruce being in charge for our next game would set off alarm bells for me. And we'd get fucking stomped as well, which isn't how I'd want to start the new era personally.

Charnley has basically been the sole operator at board room level for about 5 years, he has to be part of the transition since he’ll have to tell them the crack, introduce them all to the different departments and probably, very swiftly, be demoted or given a hefty redundancy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Charnley has basically been the sole operator at board room level for about 5 years, he has to be part of the transition since he’ll have to tell them the crack, introduce them all to the different departments and probably, very swiftly, be demoted or given a hefty redundancy. 

Probably have to show them were he keeps his crayons & collection of paper planes Ashley made him pick up from SJP the other week

44 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I can understand them wanting to do that, and while I also agree that they might want, and probably need, to get some information from him about the squad etc, I think it will be a massive mistake to have him in charge on Sunday.  And leaving it too long between now and then only makes it harder for Jones to prepare the team.

Agreed, I get Gemmill and others point but leaving this rot in charge is a misstep. He’s not a competent manager that is doing an ok job and the new owners simply want their own man, he’s a massive negative and one that has done nothing but insult the fan base and club for 2.5 years. Keeping him just delays any type of rebuild or fresh feeling, he’s just a lingering stale fart that’s killing the excitement post Ashley. There would be no negative to having Jones take over in the interim, honestly he’d probably do a better job anyway, but the upside would be it would keep the wave of positivity going. Instead we’re going to have 5-6 days of the media cranking out absolute drivel about Bruce, his 1,000th game, how the fans are wrong and he’s clearly a good manager as look the new owners are giving him a chance. Suddenly that excited atmosphere and celebratory mood would become a little bit flatter for Sunday’s game. If he’s in the dug out it’ll be harder for it to feel like things have changed, we’ve got rid of the cancer but this fucking symptom is still lingering and causing the shits. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 8

It's almost like we'd have to be proving to the media, courtesy of being stuffed 5-0 by Spurs, that Bruce isn't good enough no matter who the owners are. And we don't need to prove shit to the media, they can get to fuck.

• Like 2

• Tom changed the title to Steve Bruce might get sacked soon
51 minutes ago, trooper said:

If results go against us this weekend with Bruce in charge, we could be cut adrift . Plus I'd imagine the crowd would quickly turn very toxic towards Bruce if Spurs knock in an early goal. Get rid off him now & give Jones a go until there real target manager is sorted 

Cut adrift? We've only played 7 games man. We're only 6pts off 10th. Cut Adrift... Fucking hell.

You need to go and have a nap.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Cut adrift? We've only played 7 games man. We're only 6pts off 10th. Cut Adrift... Fucking hell.

You need to go and have a nap.

Look at the league man. If Bruce is in charge with another heavy defeat we could be 

• Haha 1

It's clear that they're going to sack him at half time, in the middle of the stadium, leaving him stranded on 999.5 games. Then Jones rouses a stunning comeback win in the dying minutes and whips a Jonas Gutierrez mask out of his sock donning it for a victory lap.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Look at the league man. If Bruce is in charge with another heavy defeat we could be 

Even if we lose and we're bottom of the league by Monday night, we're nowhere near 'cut adrift'. Fucking hell, Norwich have 1pt and they're not cut adrift. 

You're a big Pansy Pissypants and you need to give your head a shake.

I left alone, my mind was blank
I needed time to think
To get the memories of that game from my mind
What did I see? Can I believe?
That Joelinton that night was real and not just fantasy?

Just what I saw in my old dreams
Were they reflections of Jonjo Shelvey staring back at me?
'Cause in my dreams it's always there
The cabbage face that twists my mind and brings me to despair

Night was black, was no use holding back
'Cause I just had to see, was Hendrick watching me?
In defence, dark figures move and twist
Was all this for real or just some kind of Hell?

Nine Nine Nine, the number of the Bruce
A session in the Black Diamond turns the fucker puce

Edited by Sonatine
  • Haha 6

Saturday, Oct 16 2021
12:30 Watford vs Liverpool
15:00 Norwich vs Brighton
15:00 Southampton vs Leeds
15:00 Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
15:00 Leicester vs Manchester United
15:00 Manchester City vs Burnley
17:30 Brentford vs Chelsea

Sunday, Oct 17 2021
14:00 Everton vs West Ham
16:30 Newcastle United vs Tottenham

I can't see the bottom end of the table changing much, at all. Liverpool will likely beat Watford, Brighton will likely beat Norwich, Southampton and Leeds could go either way, but only 1 of them can get 3pts, and Burnley will likely lose at Man City. Palace might beat Arsenal on Monday night.

4 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

I left alone, my mind was blank
I needed time to think
To get the memories of that game from my mind
What did I see? Can I believe?
That Joelinton that night was real and not just fantasy?

Just what I saw in my old dreams
Were they reflections of Jonjo Shelvey staring back at me?
'Cause in my dreams it's always there
The cabbage face that twists my mind and brings me to despair

Night was black, was no use holding back
'Cause I just had to see, was Hendrick watching me?
In defence, dark figures move and twist
Was all this for real or just some kind of Hell?

Nine Nine Nine, the number of the Bruce
A session in the Black Diamond turns the fucker puce

666 (lbs) The number of the Cabbage. 

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United