Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

No, no and no. Read ewerk's post where he compares Chelsea & Spurs managerial processes from last season and then tell us we should just sack Bruce. Even fuckin Ashley didn't sack Allardyce or Hughton without having someone lined up. If it's going to be a double appointment of DoF & coach then that will take time. Chill out. Rafa didn't win till the first week in November in 2018 and we pissed staying up...

I’m sure they will take time to find the right long term appointment, and rightly so, but plenty of clubs sack a manager when they can’t buy a win, appoint an interim coach, sometimes getting a little bounce as a result, before the proper replacement comes in. It isn’t a leftfield strategy.

And when you have someone like Bruce at the helm, whose mere presence and connection with the old regime is stinking the place out, it’s almost imperative. I can’t see us picking up another win with him as manager. 

As for chilling out, I’m firmly in team bed wetters at this stage. Being bought out by the Saudis only to be relegated would be the most Newcastley thing ever 

32 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I am not totally convinced on Jones. He’s probably responsible for some tactical impetus but I di also fear he is responsible for mit st of the zany ideas to play players out of position.

He's no doubt tactically superior to Bruce, so coming in to the players he would have seemed an innovative world beating genius. The memories of Rafa will have washed off after more than two years of Bruce's brand of unprofessional training and laissez faire tactics.

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

He's no doubt tactically superior to Bruce, so coming in to the players he would have seemed an innovative world beating genius. The memories of Rafa will have washed off after more than two years of Bruce's brand of unprofessional training and laissez faire tactics.

I have an apple core sat on my desk that is tactically superior to Bruce.

• Haha 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

I have an apple core sat on my desk that is tactically superior to Bruce.

Just by having a strong core it's both tactically and muscularly superior to Bruce.

• Haha 4

Jones might even get the lads in for training, instead of having 7 of the last 11 off.

Look, Bruce is a negative. He's a drag on morale, tactics, conditioning... fucking everything. 

I understand wanting to get the new manager in, but honestly, I think having no manager is better than retaining his services.

He's had his 1,000th game, he's getting millions, he'll get a punditry gig until some Championship owner loses their mind and gives him the job, just bin him off.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Jones might even get the lads in for training, instead of having 7 of the last 11 off.

Look, Bruce is a negative. He's a drag on morale, tactics, conditioning... fucking everything. 

I understand wanting to get the new manager in, but honestly, I think having no manager is better than retaining his services.

He's had his 1,000th game, he's getting millions, he'll get a punditry gig until some Championship owner loses their mind and gives him the job, just bin him off.

Agreed, I totally get the counter argument of making sure you have your ducks in a row and not being rushed as you’ve got an interim in charge, but Bruce is a different case. The players aren’t even training at the moment, and the longer it continues the harder it will be to turn things around as they’ll not be fully fit. If we were shite like last year but the players were training regularly, and we were picking up some wins I’d accept the argument to hold off but somethings really wrong when you look at this start and it doesn’t show any signs of changing especially considering the fat wanker is in about 3 days a week and is taking any chance he has to go on holiday. 

Bruce is definitely telling those close to him that they have tried to get him to leave on 70% of what he's contractually entitled to.  Whilst he deserves fuck all for his gross incompetence, I can't blame him for holding out for what he's due.  This certainly doesn't show the new owners ini a good light as it appears that it's fuck all to do with having their ducks in a row that he's still there, they're just trying to save a couple of million.

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If this was any other industry Gaz, the cunt would have been sacked for being utter shite with no massive fucking pay off.

Aye what planet are these fuckers on. What have the even done to him anyway? And like pointed out he’s going to get £8m most people just get told they’ll get paid for the day they get sacked and to fuck off. 

• Like 2

It's actually tempting to think he's right here given that Bruce being close to the sack has been public knowledge since day one, but then has anyone in the new ownership actually said anything of the sort? The press have said it plenty, we've said it, but not his employer as far as I can tell. So I think Neville is actually calling out the press here, not that he's noticed.

Just now, Rayvin said:

then has anyone in the new ownership actually said anything of the sort?

Yes, they literally said he'd be in charge for his 1000th game and if anything were to change after that he'd 'be the first to know'.

• Like 1

Those bastards, how dare they treat him in exactly the same way that any other member of staff anywhere else in the country would be treated.

That said, if DK knows he's getting the boot later maybe he isn't the first to know :lol: 

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United