Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

Who exactly wanted him to fail?  Just because we knew he would and didn't want him here, doesn't mean we wanted things to go badly.  It was hell watching the football under him.

Exactly. Nobody wanted you to fail, you fat prick. It was just inevitable. And fucking hell, did you prove anyone wrong? 

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Easiest way to not be called useless is to not be useless. Straight in with the victim act anyway

Exactly, he's been absolutely dying to have a retaliatory jab at the supporters for ages. The best he could come up with is acting like we're mean because we didn't like him because we thought he was tactically inept, which he then went on to confirm many times over.

Honestly, he should have kept quiet on it, having a sook now is only going to endear him to those already in his corner, to the rest he just looks like a sore loser.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Hope having a right argument with Jordan on TalkShite at the moment :lol: 

And when Hope pointed out to Jordan that what he was claiming was utter bollocks Jim White quickly moved the conversation on...

• Like 2

Steve Bruce, 2021 - "I was useless, a fat waste of space, a tactically inept cabbage head"

Yes Steve, honesty is the best policy.

• Haha 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

No immediate replacement then. 

Fonseca's name is all over Twitter. I'd imagine they just needed to name someone while they are ironing out the finer details.

Although Fonseca got this far in talks with Spurs before he fucked them off at the last minute 

So probably Chelsea as Fonseca's first game in charge. I suppose starting with a game that you're expected to lose is as good a time to start as any, given that anything other than a loss will be seen as a bonus.

Speaking to the Telegraph, Steve Bruce said: "I think this might be my last job.

"It’s not just about me; it’s taken its toll on my whole family because they are all Geordies and I can’t ignore that. 

"They have been worried about me… especially my wife Jan. What an amazing woman she is, incredible, she’s just a fantastic woman, wife and mother and grandmother. She dealt with the death of my parents, hers have not been very well. And then she had me to worry about and what I’ve been going through the last couple of years.

"I can’t take her for granted, she has spent her whole life following me around from football club to football club and if I was to say to her tomorrow, I’ve been offered a job in China, or anywhere, she would say, 'Steve, is this right for you, do you want to do it?' And she’d back me again. 

"I’m 60 years old and I don’t know if I want to put her through it again. We’ve got a good life so, yeah, this will probably be me done as a manager - until I get a phone call from a chairman somewhere asking if I can give them a hand. Never say never, I’ve learnt that."

TLDR: ‘I’ve got monies now bitch. No more work for me’.

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

I guess the truth hurts. Except it’s only half true. People didn’t want him to fail, they just expected it. Also, the fans weren’t even in attendance for a lot of the matches so he can’t blame them. Also, when they were there at the start many were definitely in the ‘we need to at least give him a chance camp’. It’s the constant digs at the press, the fans and Benitez, plus the arse-licking of the owner etc that didn’t help. But most of all the performances weren’t good enough and he didn’t come close to getting the most out of the squad 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I guess the truth hurts. Except it’s only half true. People didn’t want him to fail, they just expected it. Also, the fans weren’t even in attendance for a lot of the matches so he can’t blame them. Also, when they were there at the start many were definitely in the ‘we need to at least give him a chance camp’. It’s the constant digs at the press, the fans and Benitez, plus the arse-licking of the owner etc that didn’t help. But most of all the performances weren’t good enough and he didn’t come close to getting the most out of the squad 

Yeah, some of the criticism went over the top but the regular complaints were;

He talked us down constantly

He fanked Mike for transfers deals that were haphazard and ill-considered.

He blamed the media, the fans, for the team's shortcomings

He is at best, tactically out of date, at worst inept

He isn't the man manager that his chums insisted

And all of that is justified

On a personal level it must hurt to be a 'Geordie', never to be accepted by the fans of the club you purport to love, to get no support from above, to be undermined. But if you've no record of anything but mediocrity, when you aren't getting results or performances and when you antagonise the fans and the press, what do you think will happen?

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 2

If that's true about the Mike Bassett thing then that explains a lot. The players likely thought he was likeable enough, especially given how much time he appears to have given them off, but didn't respect him as a coach at all. There's no way performances can be optimal if you don't respect the coach, whether it's his coaching methods or the way in which he addresses the media. A respected coach like Fonseca should be able to get 10 to 15% straight away just by his mere professional presence.