Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know we're all celebrating but no matter what you think of him he's a human being. Yes we all know he'll a useless cunt but to go through months of abuse and then receive this crushing news this mor

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Actually am I being unfair there - does he just mean elite in the footballing sense? If so then yes, it's mental that he's grouped Steve Bruce in with that but I retract everything else :lol:

You're worse than indecisive Dave from the fast show. :lol:

• Haha 1

:D 

I mean I went straight to elite as a euphemism for rich and powerful but this it's quite possible he's just talking about footballing elite. Given that he's included Bruce, I actually think the former is more likely. Bruce is definitely rich, if not anyone's definition of powerful. He's certainly not elite in the footballing sense though.

I still can't get over Arteta calling him one of the most significant managers in the English game tbh, what does that say about standards in this country...

Edited by Rayvin
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ah so this is just abuse on twitter we're talking about? No one's actually been chanting for his demise from the stands or running up to him in the street and calling him a cunt?

If so then, while I find twitter abuse deplorable, as you say - it's about as fucking consistent a phenomenon as can exist in the modern day. It's certainly not limited to just Steve Bruce unless some of our fans have really gone above and beyond. I've not noticed any mention of death threats in the media and if there'd been even a sniff of one, it'd be all over the place. 

I always took it as they were meaning that, even Bruce himself went on about only having good experiences with fans he encountered in real life, I’ve never seen any indication he received any threats or bother when out and about only on social media, which he doesn’t have. 

I always assumed Alex would print off a list of abuse and bring it to Sunday dinner where Steve would go “come on then son, let’s hear the damage this week” “you won’t believe it this week dad psychotoonfan27 said you’re an inept cabbage headed cunt” “I don’t know how I’ll go on son, Luke Edwards will hear about this”.

• Haha 6
8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:D 

I mean I went straight to elite as a euphemism for rich and powerful but this it's quite possible he's just talking about footballing elite. Given that he's included Bruce, I actually think the former is more likely. Bruce is definitely rich, if not anyone's definition of powerful. He's certainly not elite in the footballing sense though.

I still can't get over Arteta calling him one of the most significant manager's in the English game tbh, what does that say about standards in this country...

I think it says more about the standards of Arteta's brain. :good:

• Haha 2

I’m honestly not aware of any proper stick Bruce received.  There were chants in the stadium but rarely, he got off incredibly lightly due to Covid.

During the Spurs game home and away fans were singing “your getting sacked in the morning” which is hardly abusive or unfair. 

Most managers underperforming to that level will have received far, far worse stick. 

The media narrative has been absolutely beyond belief, Bruce has been a shit manager for 20 years and this is probably the best treatment he’s received. 

• Like 6