Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

May as well be written by Bruce himself if Edward's is writing it. Let's hope this is an early blip and not a sign that all future decisions will be delayed and run past PIF to get sign off. We had enough of that with the fat controller 

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

May as well be written by Bruce himself if Edward's is writing it. Let's hope this is an early blip and not a sign that all future decisions will be delayed and run past PIF to get sign off. We had enough of that with the fat controller 

Agreed, it hasn’t been great but I do think it’s because there’s a lack of structure at the minute. I think once the Edwards/Marwood/Rangnick/whoever type structure is built out a lot of these decisions will be carried out by them, with Al-Rummayan and PiF only getting involved when it comes to discussing budgets/targets and large outlays for the year. 

• Like 1

Aye. I think because the club was run like a fucking roadside caf its an absolute mess from top to bottom. 

I do think though he will be in the dugout on Sunday and it will take some of the shine off. 

We jabe to be patient though and think long term. 

Bear in mind as well they're dealing with the club in whatever state ashley has left it in.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're still cleaning vomit out of fireplaces and finding new places where charnley has chewed up the furniture.

Imagine theres whole offices in the place staffed by cardbord cutouts

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Listened for five minutes on the way home to talksport, aye I know etc, two gimps and one says it'll be much harder to get up there as quickly as Man City because look what happened to Middlesbrough and Man City already had loads of good players, Middlesbrough got Emerson, Ravenelli and juninho and were relegated so we're basically no better than Middlesbrough according to to these two clowns. (Turned out it was Danny Mills). :lol:

• Haha 3

I reckon there might be something in that Edwards article. I know he hates the whole thing so is about as far from an impartial opinion as you can get, but the first few days of this haven't been inspiring. Whatever state Ashley left the operational setup of the club in, it has very little bearing on the situation around the football parts of the club - or at the very least I can't see any particular overlap that we wouldn't have been able to observe previously.

I reckon they fully expected Rodgers to join up - and since he hasn't that's led to the uncertainty. They should have had someone tapped up before we got this far really, and I do appreciate that they did the first time around. All of which makes me think that they've been caught out a bit by the speed at which the deal went through, as much as everyone else was. Ultimately they need to keep cool heads here but the risk is that this might mean telling Bruce and the coaching team that they've got time. Maybe we even have to give them to the end of the season at this point, since I doubt anything else will be sufficient to settle things down. Money talking will have to be the solution to the relegation issue if so.

Realistically though, that's not a good option - and they'd be far better off sacking Bruce so that some pressure is relieved, and taking their time over the next appointment while Jones looks after the team. Jones himself can be given assurances about a good pay off or an ongoing role under the new management, with the latter being the idea.

Either way, they need to act decisively. And I'm not particularly convinced that the Saudis are the ones who should be responsible for that based on how this is going.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

Agreed but we can't have them not telling him anything either. If they have no immediate plan to put in place then they've got to make a call on this definitively so that everyone has clarity. I mean if the players and coaching staff lose focus and confidence then we're going to find this a lot harder, and quite quickly too. Bruce is one thing but they need to nip this in the bud really.

• Like 1

Also what happens if the fat fuck wins on Saturday! Makes it harder for them to get shut. It's in their interest go keep the media on side. Doing something like sacking their mate after a win v spuds wouldnt go down. Well

If they were posting this on RTG, you'd all be howling. 

"Ere marras they've fucked it. Week in and Brewce is still they're. Mag at work says they're nee better than Ashley this new lot. Fucking honeymewn didn't last long. They're gan down."

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Aye god knows what mess they’ve walked into. :lol: 

Professional business people wading through a skip full of Donnay socks to see if they can find Bruce’s contract somewhere while Lee Charnley plays Nintendo

• Haha 7

14 years of mismanagement and neglect. When Ashley bought the club, CT was in his late 40s. He's nearly mid 60s now. 

If he'd hired a new life coach this time last week, they would quite rightly still be stood, mouth agape, one hand on one hip, the other hand on their forehead, just surveying the wreckage and trying to make sense of it all. 

It's the same with the club. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 12

18 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Look, I don't know much about the Middle East or the Saudi People's Front but maybe they're waiting for Brucey to slip up by uttering 'JHVH' so they have a pretence?

:lol:
stoning-stone.gif

On the centre spot after Spuds? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

14 years of mismanagement and neglect. When Ashley bought the club, CT was in his late 40s. He's nearly mid 60s now. 

If he'd hired a new life coach this time last week, they would quite rightly still be stood, mouth agape, one hand on one hip, the other hand on their forehead, just surveying the wreckage and trying to make sense of it all. 

It's the same with the club. 

55 you cheeky fuck :lol: 

• Haha 4

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

55 you cheeky fuck :lol: 

Close enough. First draft had you starting at early 40s, but it didn't get past the cunt of an editor in my head. :lol:

I was 31 man. So depressing. 

• Haha 2

So to be clear, the prevailing view is that the operational performance of a previously profit making business is impacting negatively on their ability to set out clarity concerning who should take over the running of the football side of the club, and that even if this runs on to the weekend and into the Spurs game, all this will mean is that Ashley knobbled them (in a way that couldn't be picked up and therefore prepared for during due diligence, but which prevents them from setting about with what we assume their plan would have been had everything been totally perfect).

I mean it's possible I guess, and I want to stress that I am in no way calling into question their ability to run the club. I am merely saying that they may well have been caught on the hop by all of this given the speed at which it went through, and whereas during their first attempt to purchase the club they were talking to Pocchetino and Rafa before they'd even gotten the deal over the line, here they appear to be chasing around a bit. The media may well have entirely invented all of that to fill the silence that's otherwise coming from the club, but it remains somewhat odd that Bruce is still in post, and I can see it being a bit confusing indeed for the staff. However, maybe they've had private assurances about everything.

Still though, it'll be interesting to see where we end up.

As people have been saying at decent well run clubs there's usually an infrastructure, a brain trust of executives and managerial staff who have extensive knowledge of football and the football world, and the skills and contacts that enable them to navigate said world. These people, CEO.s, managing directors, directors of football, etc. would engage in detailed meetings in order to decide upon the best course of action in order to move in the direction of a pre-agreed vision for how they want the club to be. Currently at Newcastle we have Penfold and the tea lady. 

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United