Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

On managing 1,000 games:

"I'd love to say it's been a lovely ride, it's been difficult, but I think I've been the circumstance for a lot of frustration for a lot of years.

Difficult has it? Raking in millions while off half the time on holiday while your buddies cover up your incompetence. Fraud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mind the shite people come out with to defend this tosser is absurd. Looking around Twitter there’s a ton of idiots saying they watched Newcastle today and it’s clear Newcastle’s team is full of championship players so what’s Bruce meant to do, and changing him wouldn’t do anything. Funny that this “Championship” squad finished 10th and 13th before he took over, then got 13th and 12th with him in charge. Funny that the same players that made up iirc the 6th best defence in the league are now branded utter shite and championship level after a couple of seasons of his coaching and tactics. 

I’m not saying I really rate many of our players but this rewriting people do is absurd, it’s also majorly overrating the players in the teams around us. This squad with a good manager would be nowhere near relegation. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Howay said:

Mind the shite people come out with to defend this tosser is absurd. Looking around Twitter there’s a ton of idiots saying they watched Newcastle today and it’s clear Newcastle’s team is full of championship players so what’s Bruce meant to do, and changing him wouldn’t do anything. Funny that this “Championship” squad finished 10th and 13th before he took over, then got 13th and 12th with him in charge. Funny that the same players that made up iirc the 6th best defence in the league are now branded utter shite and championship level after a couple of seasons of his coaching and tactics. 

I’m not saying I really rate many of our players but this rewriting people do is absurd, it’s also majorly overrating the players in the teams around us. This squad with a good manager would be nowhere near relegation. 

They're the opinions of people who watch us once in a while and haven't seen the consistent downward trend of the players while hes been in charge.

Of course they look like Championship players, I absolutely agree with that opinion, but why do they look like championship players? Probably because the coaching and management is shit. 

• Like 3

Completely agree Howay. When Bruce was appointed, we all knew he would be dog shit because he’s been dog shit his entire managerial career.

His son is peddling the myth that if only he had the players and resources, we’d be vaulting up the table. His record shows otherwise, every team he manages gets worse over time and typically ends in the sack or a sudden departure.

As Howay says, he’s worked with some of these players for a long time now and they look terrible because they cant do the basics well. Then he goes on television and slags them off.  He can’t even get the defence organised, which is astounding given he was a top class CB.

He belongs to another era, whatever methods and tactics hes using (and I’m being kind here) don’t work and he adds nothing. Worse than that, his ego is so big and he’s so thin skinned he just gets in the way. If he was an officer in the army, his men would’ve shot him in the back by now.

Edited by Kitman
  • Like 3

On 15/10/2021 at 20:03, Polarboy said:

If you want to see how little of a Newcastle supporter Cabbage is, and how big of a Man U fan he is, just go watch his Sky punditry for the 5-0 match back in 96. The cunt was spitting feathers at full time. 

© essembee

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kitman said:

Completely agree Howay. When Bruce was appointed, we all knew he would be dog shit because he’s been dog shit his entire managerial career.

His son is peddling the myth that if only he had the players and resources, we’d be vaulting up the table. His record shows otherwise, every team he manages gets worse over time and typically ends in the sack or a sudden departure.

As Howay says, he’s worked with some of these players for a long time now and they look terrible because they cant do the basics well. Then he goes on television and slags them off.  He can’t even get the defence organised, which is astounding given he was a top class CB.

He belongs to another era, whatever methods and tactics hes using (and I’m being kind here) don’t work and he adds nothing. Worse than that, his ego is so big and he’s so thin skinned he just gets in the way. If he was an officer in the army, his men would’ve shot him in the back by now.

He was a top CB in a different era.

It was impossible to foresee anything but what we've seen under Bruce, terrible, directionless, unstructured, inconsistent football. The only time we played with any sort of consistency was when he regretfully resorted to playing the previous manager's formation which the players were able to do because it had been properly trained into them. Then he made a song and dance about doing it his way more than a year into his tenure. He always has an excuse at the ready or if he acknowledges an issue it's never his fault and he has never been able to resolve any of them. It's a small miracle that the team managed to get a run of results at the end of last season as the football otherwise was relegation standard. The amount of enjoyable games has dwindled to almost none, and even on the odd occasion that we win it's seldom an enjoyable affair.

If we weren't run by fat Mike - who was treading water until he got the sale he wanted - he would have been moved on long ago. Of course the reality is that he's only here because of the regression of the club under his ownership. The support he gets from the media is generally condescending based on Newcastle being considered be just making up the numbers in the league and/or a misguided notion about what Newcastle supporters want. Or else it's because he's likely a reasonably amiable person outside of his professional life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

He’s only 1,000 games into his career. Give the bloke a chance 

He has also never got the chance to manage an ambitious team. His poor record is just down to only get jobs at poor teams. 

It's getting on on for November and the bloke hasn't won a game of football yet and the team looks frail as fuck but we can sometimes score......like loads of relegated teams who 'go for it'. How it's even up for debate with pundits about him likely being sacked and not really having any complaints about it is astounding.

• Like 2

As an outsider to Newcastle I am shocked they have retained Bruce. Even before the takeover the string of results that have occurred would warrant a dismissal. 

Jose is a fan of Newcastle it seems:

Jose Mourinho said: I have emotional connection with Newcastle

“ Newcastle, I have nothing to say, absolutely nothing to say,” Jose Mourinho said. “The only thing I can say is that, for many, many years, I worked with one of the most important figures in the history of Newcastle, Sir Bobby Robson.”

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/10/18/jose-mourinho-newcastle-connection/

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United