Hillsborough

Craig

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Booing at Wembley for Hillborough is pretty indicative of what many fans think.

*not my opinion, just that of thousands of people at wembley.

Give fans 5-6 hours drinking in a pub before the game (FA cup semi final,sponsored by Budweiser) and they won't really give a fuck about anything. Pretty predictable really. The fans are twats, no doubt, but the FA let tv companies dictate kick off times so they've got to accept some responsibility for that unpleasant episode.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle891081.html

Aspinall said: "When certain people made certain comments about Liverpool Football Club playing on the 15th of April, I am afraid that person wants to learn to keep his comments to himself and his opinions to himself.

The chairwoman continued: "Over the past 23 years we as families, you as fans and also the survivors, more importantly, who had the mud slung at them for them 23 years was an absolute disgrace.

I propose a minute's silence for the English language, la. :rip:

Guest CabayeAye

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle891081.html

Aspinall said: "When certain people made certain comments about Liverpool Football Club playing on the 15th of April, I am afraid that person wants to learn to keep his comments to himself and his opinions to himself.

The chairwoman continued: "Over the past 23 years we as families, you as fans and also the survivors, more importantly, who had the mud slung at them for them 23 years was an absolute disgrace.

I propose a minute's silence for the English language, la. :rip:

:lol:

Davies' only crime was expecting Liverpool fans to be remotely rational about anything to do with Hillsborough tbh.

Clearly still very raw about what was a truly awful tragedy, which makes them consider anything said about it other than this a disgraceful insult to the victims' memory.

• 1 year later...

25 years ago. Jesus - remember it like it was yesterday.

Hope the families see some responsibility for actions taken soon so they can get closure. Quarter of a century is too long - definitely for the likes of Anne Williams who never gave up the fight.

RIP.

So this new inquest is set to last a year. How the hell can someone be expected to be on the jury for that length of time? I know it probably won't be sitting every day but that's a long time to be selected.

When I was a contractor I was excused jury duty -though they've massively reduced the option now - because I basically argued if I was given a long trial I'd lose my house and be destitute. I would imagine it would be a pisser for small employers to have staff called up.

• 11 months later...

I know it hasn't finished yet but today was a bit of a smoking gun moment when Duckenfield admitted failing to divert the fans from the main tunnel was the main cause.