Ye olde photos of the toon

Lazarus

Some crackers in there Laz, brings back memories.

There is actually isnt there?

Amazing how some places are utterly unrecognisable and other places just dont change at all.

I can't remember the pictures at the Haymarket, or Heaton Station, or Raby Street like that. Let's be honest like, Newcastle was fuckin grim when we were bairns, people these days donno they're born. "I'd have it arl back me like sonna, and what the done to Newcastle Eksibishin, forkin disgrayuss"

The only part of the city centre that hasnt changed much is down by the old bus station and fire station at the bottom of Northumberland street. but even that is under redevelopment now.

Eldon Square used to look ace! Its a fucking state now in comarison

Me Dad used to live in Rochester Dwellings (aka 'the Dwellings' in Walker). He said when there was a fight people used to come out of their flats and watch it from all four sides of the square. And there was a family on the ground floor had a horse that lived in their front room. Class photos like.

The one with the Farmers Rest in it (and Noda taxis) has brought loads of memories flooding back.

Aye the NUSC shop was around the corner.

So it was :mellow:

Yep - bought my first 'caser' in that shop.... Spent far too much time in there mid 80s, they knew me by name!

n711621074_2623854_7264.jpg

"raby street grans!!wow what a classic!"

:D

They're blatently getting prepared for a bit of......

:mellow:

The bag on the right would fucking kill you though!

Me Dad used to live in Rochester Dwellings (aka 'the Dwellings' in Walker). He said when there was a fight people used to come out of their flats and watch it from all four sides of the square. And there was a family on the ground floor had a horse that lived in their front room. Class photos like.

Me dad used to tell us that when he was a bairn a family up the street also kept a horse in the house. it was in their front sitting room and it would stick its heed out the window watching the street.

The one with the Farmers Rest in it (and Noda taxis) has brought loads of memories flooding back.

Yep - bought my first 'caser' in that shop.... Spent far too much time in there mid 80s, they knew me by name!

They were two old wifeys weren't they? Used to get me Armstrong Galley away bus tickets there.

They were two old wifeys weren't they? Used to get me Armstrong Galley away bus tickets there.

Aye... and if you gave them any lip they weren't adverse to giving you a clip round the ear! Was like an Aladdin's cave that place - stocked full of toon memorabilia.

Aye... and if you gave them any lip they weren't adverse to giving you a clip round the ear! Was like an Aladdin's cave that place - stocked full of toon memorabilia.

Aye that's what I was thinking. I think that shop had loads of 1984 stuff in it, I think a lot of fans of the era before us what would be your 33-50 year olds now, lived off 1984.

n711621074_2634334_2633.jpg

It was just round the corner from here, in them type buildings on the far right as you look, like little huts, THAT was the commercial side to NUFC in the 1980's, and it didn't even belong to the club.