Ye olde photos of the toon

Lazarus

• 1 month later...

They are. Every time I'm up I can't believe they haven't done something better with the Odeon/Pilgrim Street yet. Although obviously just detonating most of the concrete around there, Pearl Assurance House etc. would be a better starting point

ah man, those pictures have me feeling homesick. i haven't been up since christmas and no plans to do my annual summer mission either

They didn't bother do any for Washington because no one could tell the difference ;)

They didn't bother do any for Washington because no one could tell the difference ;)

when i'm talking about being homesick i'm not on about pining for the galleries

• 3 years later...
47 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Just stumbled across this. Random but kind of brilliant. :D:icon_lol:

DZSCg0vW4AA9Xw1.jpg

That map must be from around 83, before the system was extended to south shields. "The Sov" was my favourite pub in Tynemouth for a long time, it's now flats. The Seine Boat was nicknamed "the flying stool" iirc. :icon_lol:

Edited by Renton

I first met Mrs.Fist in the Royal Archer, oddly enough because I was waiting for a metro at Jesmond when the station filled up with braying posh kids from RGS. 

“ Fuck this noise!”, went for a pint, met the Mrs. :D

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I first met Mrs.Fist in the Royal Archer, oddly enough because I was waiting for a metro at Jesmond when the station filled up with braying posh kids from RGS. 

Funny, every time I went to the Archer it was full of RGS nobheads. Your kids have them to thank for their existence. Now theres a thought....:unsure:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Used to get in loads around the time it had dropped the 'Royal' prefix but before it was Mr Lynch. Purely because you could pretty much always get a game of pool because it used to 4 tables in that room on the side. It was fucking shit like with terrible beer on draft. Used to have a Karoake night on a Friday and there'd be about 10 people in including the bar staff. One time this spotty young kid did Stairway to Heaven with his lass. He was absolutely fucking terrible at singing and his lass just mimed along but the best part was seeing them stood there not knowing what to do for the first minute or so before there's any words :lol:

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

I used to work just across the road from Jesmond metro so spent far too much time in the Archer - this would have been about 91-92

In fact I remember now the Archer was more of our dinner time haunt and we used to head for the carriage after work.

Edited by NJS