Ye olde photos of the toon

Lazarus

The one with the Farmers Rest in it (and Noda taxis) has brought loads of memories flooding back.

I was bought a beer in the Farmers by a Nobel Prize Winner in 1970 - unbelievable but true............................

Remember the little club shop, went there for pin badges and I remember my brother getting a black and white tartan scarf there. Did they used to do wooly hats half celtic/newcastle?

Aye... or you could also get half rangers/newcastle.

Didn't they do half brazil/newcastle when we signed Mirandinha too?

Remember the little club shop, went there for pin badges and I remember my brother getting a black and white tartan scarf there. Did they used to do wooly hats half celtic/newcastle?

3/4 Toon 1/4 Brazil, I think I've still got mine somewhere. They were selling sombrero's as well, even though they are fuck all to do with Brazil.

Rob are you sure it wasn't you who won the Nobel Peace Prize??? Fuck Desmond Tutu, Rob deserves it more. Total knob.

Edited by Stevie

I was actually thinking about those hats when this shop was mentioned. I had a half Toon / half Brazil one. They were those almost square ones that were basically tea cozies.

I was actually thinking about those hats when this shop was mentioned. I had a half Toon / half Brazil one. They were those almost square ones that were basically tea cozies.

Mine had a pom pom on top, but they weren't half and half as I pointed out.

3/4 Toon 1/4 Brazil, I think I've still got mine somewhere. They were selling sombrero's as well, even though they are fuck all to do with Brazil.

Rob are you sure it wasn't you who won the Nobel Peace Prize??? Fuck Desmond Tutu, Rob deserves it more. Total knob.

Didn't they sell half newcastle / half brazil shirts for a time too? Literally was a job lot of replica shirts of each which had been cut down the middle and given the sewing machine treatment rather than being specifically produced. :mellow:

Different hat then.

I had one of the flat caps with the old NUFC ball logo on the top :mellow:

I had one of the flat caps with the old NUFC ball logo on the top :mellow:

Me mate had one of them, and aye people were wearing those half and half toon Brazil shirts too, I was contemplating getting a half Toon half Brazil one done in 1999 in honour of Fumaca.

• 2 weeks later...
Me Dad loved these. You a Walker lad Bobby?

Went to East Walker school lived in Daisy Hill, Walker and Wallsend. Played in a lot of them areas the river and rail lines were like magnets to youngens.

Sad to say one of my companies had the contract to lift the Swans cranes onto the boats :lol:

Even the city centre looks nothing like I remember. I would have sworn some things were in certain places but the evidence is there I would be wrong.

Alex I thought you were a forest hall lad. :superman2sa2:

Me Dad loved these. You a Walker lad Bobby?

Went to East Walker school lived in Daisy Hill, Walker and Wallsend. Played in a lot of them areas the river and rail lines were like magnets to youngens.

Sad to say one of my companies had the contract to lift the Swans cranes onto the boats :lol:

Even the city centre looks nothing like I remember. I would have sworn some things were in certain places but the evidence is there I would be wrong.

Alex I thought you were a forest hall lad. :superman2sa2:

I live in Forest Hall now, although I was brought up in Burradon. My Dad is from Walker though and my Gran lived there all her life. Weird seeing the city centre too as you say. Northumberland Street when it was part of the A1. Mad.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of you may know this site but just in case:

Amber Online

Side Gallery's website, which is fantastic. I've linked the Byker page, but there's allsorts in here. The ones from North Shields (some belters taken in The Jungle) and the fish quay include the odd pic of a couple of old villains/ne'er-do-wells I knew once upon a time :huh: