Claim to fame

Christmas Tree

A few celebrities have graced where I work...Jim Bowen is a local, and loves the Fish Pie. John Parrott once came in for a meal with his family (one of them might have been Duncan Fergusons bird, actually). Tony Robinson once came in, as well as Gordon Ramsey (although I wasn't working at the time). Plus a few semi-famous food critics as well, I suppose.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me Dad was close to being the one who would counsel Joey Barton after one of his many incidents, or w/e it was. Through that, though, he did come into contact with a fair few football agents.

I was once on the same plane as the whole Man Utd team, and met several of the players (Most notable include David Beckham and Fabian Barthez/The Nevilles. There is a funny story behind the Beckham meeting if anyone is interested...)

Sean Neill of Jurassic Park fame once complimented me on my hair style..Urm...Think that is about it for now!

Is that Sam's brother like? :mellow:

Ah shit, Sam/Sean, same thing!

He still complimented my hairstyle, like!

Don't suppose you happen to have a picture of the barnet that Sean found so lovely he felt he had to mention, do you?

Footballers:

Le'Sulk, S.Taylor, Owen, Shearer, Ameobi, Lua Lua, K.Lua Lua, Andy Carroll (Good mates with a few of my my mates), Jackie Charlton, Fowler, Heskey, Hyypia, Martins, Chopra, his dad used to own a corner shop down from were I live. Few more as well but I just cant remember.

Other Famous People:

Bloke of Soccer night, forgot his name the ugly baldy one, sorry Alex :mellow:, C.V, M Al-Fayed, loads more that I can't remember.

Edit: My Uncle used to work at the Royal Station Hotel and Lua Lua's cousin used to work with him. Got invited round to Lomana's house one night, I could barely speak English at the time like but I still wore me Toon top with the Brown Ale logo on the front.

Got me phone contract the other and the young lady that opened it for iz was Chopra's cousin, rather attractive like but had minging hair

Edited by bawan

Me Dad was close to being the one who would counsel Joey Barton after one of his many incidents, or w/e it was. Through that, though, he did come into contact with a fair few football agents.

I was once on the same plane as the whole Man Utd team, and met several of the players (Most notable include David Beckham and Fabian Barthez/The Nevilles. There is a funny story behind the Beckham meeting if anyone is interested...)

Sean Neill of Jurassic Park fame once complimented me on my hair style..Urm...Think that is about it for now!

Is that Sam's brother like? :mellow:

Ah shit, Sam/Sean, same thing!

He still complimented my hairstyle, like!

Don't suppose you happen to have a picture of the barnet that Sean found so lovely he felt he had to mention, do you?

It was a few years back now. The pictures I do have are in a family album somewhere - I might even scan one in one day!

Another good claim to fame is when Steve Harper was in the Reserves playing Bburn reserves in Morecambe. Me and a friend stood behind the goal and started chanting "Harper for England!" to which he turns around and goes "England? I can't even get Number 1 here mate!"....And just look where he is now! Pfft!

Sam Neill of Jurassic Park fame once complimented me on my hair style..Urm...Think that is about it for now!

Years back my aunty was on the plane with the whole newcastle team that she got them to autograph a newcastle top for my cousin.

Aye, me mum wanted me to ask to go through to get all the autographs but I couldn't think of anything worse/more embarrassing then walking through and being all like "Urm...Hi David and Victoria, much chance of an autograph?". Plus I think the lesser known players might have felt a bit left out if I didn't ask them. Had the same scenario when I met the drummers of RHCP and the Libertines. I got their two autographs, but then felt bad at not getting the two less famous guys as well so I just let them sign it in my pity...heh

Aye, me mum wanted me to ask to go through to get all the autographs but I couldn't think of anything worse/more embarrassing then walking through and being all like "Urm...Hi David and Victoria, much chance of an autograph?". Plus I think the lesser known players might have felt a bit left out if I didn't ask them. Had the same scenario when I met the drummers of RHCP and the Libertines. I got their two autographs, but then felt bad at not getting the two less famous guys as well so I just let them sign it in my pity...heh

pfffft, you just have to get yer balls out and annoy and hassle people to get what you want man.

BARNET BARNET BARNET! :mellow::D

Loads of comics and plenty of footballers, none sufficiently obscure for this thread I think.

My sister was the assistant stage manager for panto near stoke with the Fat Dingle wifey

The wife of the guy who owned the local shop left Gordon Sumner for him... God that sentence is awful.

I was on Gimme 5 with Nobby the Sheep, Jenny Powell and whatnot. (Met Sonia, Let Loose and Sean Maguire in that)

As a toddler I was read a bed time story by an Arab Diplomat. (I don't remember his actual country of origin.. I was about 2 years old)

I went to High School with Adam Sadler who was a coach at NUFC until Keegler left us the second time round.

A friend of mine was a zombie in Shaun of the Dead

Loads of comics and plenty of footballers, none sufficiently obscure for this thread I think.

My sister was the assistant stage manager for panto near stoke with the Fat Dingle wifey

The wife of the guy who owned the local shop left Gordon Sumner for him... God that sentence is awful.

I was on Gimme 5 with Nobby the Sheep, Jenny Powell and whatnot. (Met Sonia, Let Loose and Sean Maguire in that)

As a toddler I was read a bed time story by an Arab Diplomat. (I don't remember his actual country of origin.. I was about 2 years old)

I went to High School with Adam Sadler who was a coach at NUFC until Keegler left us the second time round.

A friend of mine was a zombie in Shaun of the Dead

Lazy bastard, give us the really obscure stuff man :mellow:

Also chased Andreas Andersson into a bank. To get his autograph, I wasn't lynching him or owt.

Oh, that reminds me, I had lunch with Andreas Andersson's heavily pregnant girlfriend. That was fun.

Oooooh, just remembered this Sunday I shared a Train table with the bloke who played Finn in Hollyoaks ages ago and then went on to star in Casualty.

My Granda is from the only other place in Ireland apart from Dublin to be bombed in WW2 - The village of campile.

The plane flew over a few times and the village didn't know what was going on and they waved to the plane, the pilot then bombed the Coop and flew off.

Heinkel_He_111_during_the_Battle_of_Britain.jpg

It was one of these

In 1994 me & a mate had a studenty summer job in Greece on a yachting marina. Most of the work was just catching the ropes of rich cunts as they came in to berth & then refuelling their vessels as most of them only didn't know how to sail.

The vast majority of them were sneering arrogant Italians and French toffs.

Then one morning, a basic yacht with an Irish flag berthed. Turns out it was Mark Lawrenson and a few of his mates from a boozer he owned in his post Oxford/pre-Toon/BBC days. The mate I was with is a Scouser of Irish descent, so he gleefully kicked off the conversation & we spent three nights on the piss with ML and all the crew. I know Lawrenson is better known as a twattish anti-NUFC BBC stooge these days, but he was a really decent bloke & gave us both a massive tip when he sailed off to the next island :mellow:

Oh, and when I asked him about Robert Maxwell, his former boss at Oxford who 'drowned' off the coast of Tenerife a few years earlier, he smirked and said 'I wish I was the one who pushed him'. :D

My dad once played 5 a side with Asprilla, I had one of them little singing monkey toys bought for me by Michelle Heaton years ago for christmas because she was my cousins mate. Met a fair few footy players, saw Ameobi the other day in a house rental shop :mellow: