Being bored at the match

Guest Stevie

Has anyone ever been bored at the match? I felt pissed and bored yesterday, hand on heart, I've never had that feeling in my life, hope I don't have it again. I wasn't engrosed in the game in the second half like I should've been. I don't know if it is cos there was no real hope of us scoring, or the fact there was no atmosphere, or the stewards weren't kicking off, and the Everton fans were so pathetic, it wasn't even worth abusing them, I was just disinterested, terrible admittance but I was, we need some excitement.

I was bored at that Fulham away game last season. There was a fucken hilarious bloke behind and I turned around and started cracking on with him and his mates for about half an hour, just didn't watch the game. Another good thing about away games, you're not sat around the same people week in week out.

I watched the game on tv yesterday, I'd had a pretty big weekend but that's no excuse for dozing through the second half, it was boring.

To answer your concern Stevie, I think it was an equation of issues pushing you to apathy. Down to ten men, no realistic chance of scoring, they were pretty poor, our fans are rather jaded, we expected to get beat (at least early doors), our creativity and expectations low etc etc.....at least that's what I put it down to.

Sucks though, feeling bored during what should be one of the highlights of the week. Just ask wor lass. :mellow:

i hear what your saying, this club is going through shit and theres not really much positive to look at. we as fans need to stand up and made ourselves heard, but its a two way street we need to see good football played for us to inspire support, vicious cycle really. i live in manc so dont get up to matches much but trust me when the atmosphere here isnt great its still far better than man city! never seen such shite fans tbh

I was bored at that Fulham away game last season. There was a fucken hilarious bloke behind and I turned around and started cracking on with him and his mates for about half an hour, just didn't watch the game. Another good thing about away games, you're not sat around the same people week in week out.

I watched the game on tv yesterday, I'd had a pretty big weekend but that's no excuse for dozing through the second half, it was boring.

To answer your concern Stevie, I think it was an equation of issues pushing you to apathy. Down to ten men, no realistic chance of scoring, they were pretty poor, our fans are rather jaded, we expected to get beat (at least early doors), our creativity and expectations low etc etc.....at least that's what I put it down to.

Sucks though, feeling bored during what should be one of the highlights of the week. Just ask wor lass. :mellow:

I was so cold that night, coldest I've ever been I think.

I agree with all your post, but I don't like being bored at the match, sometimes I go with a spring in me step up them stairs, or lift most the time, I reckon in terms of entertainment, the league reached a peak 96-2002, since Mourinho came to England there has been a noticable tactical shift in football, English football was all about heart, now it's about the head, even for piss poor clubs like Everton, and it's boring as fuck.

I was so cold that night, coldest I've ever been I think.

I agree with all your post, but I don't like being bored at the match, sometimes I go with a spring in me step up them stairs, or lift most the time, I reckon in terms of entertainment, the league reached a peak 96-2002, since Mourinho came to England there has been a noticable tactical shift in football, English football was all about heart, now it's about the head, even for piss poor clubs like Everton, and it's boring as fuck.

Actually you've made me think a bit more here. It's all fucking cock these days. Boring, predictable cock, perhaps the odd moment of genius or intrigue but largely cock. I used to never miss MOTD as an absolute minimum of my footy interest, NUFC aside, but now - who gives a fuck?

Bollocks man. What next?

I enjoy the day (having a laugh, bantering with mates, having a drink) more than the match itself sometimes. I wouldn't say bored, but my concentration definitely wanders. I'll be watching people in front of me arguing, or looking at the stadium or watching a seagull sometimes and I'll miss things.

I enjoy the day (having a laugh, bantering with mates, having a drink) more than the match itself sometimes. I wouldn't say bored, but my concentration definitely wanders. I'll be watching people in front of me arguing, or looking at the stadium or watching a seagull sometimes and I'll miss things.

Can you imagine life without football? Think about it.

What he said.

I do think it's got less entertaining, especially for the armchair fans like me. Some of the highlights are even boring and that's supposed to be the best bits. At least you've got the craic at the pub before and after to look forward to Stevie.

The Prem has lost its soul little by little, probably because of a combination of foreign managers/foreign players and the high stakes involved in losing. The calibre of player may be better but not the spectacle. What seems to have gone/be going is the sense of occasion and the belief that anything might happen. This, combined with saturation coverage and overhyping, the constant changing of fixtures by Sky, the domination of a small number of superclubs, and the exorbitant cost of going to games, will lead to a big fall off in attendances imo.

Football will eat itself. Sky have a lot to answer for imho.

Edited by Kitman

Male conversation would be decimated.

Male conversation would be decimated.

Indeed. Materialism, Film, Music threads to explode.

We might even have to face and discuss the serious dilemma we face, the inevitable horizon of empowered lesbians and a frozen-spunk world.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling like this.

:mellow: bored at the games or frozen-spunk horizon?

Both :D

In all seriousness I don't really look forward to games that much anymore as I don't seem to enjoy it half as much as I used to, there's just something missing.

Perhaps it's because we are going nowhere and things need to change.

The take over has done us a lot of damage in public relations as people don't know where their money is really going.

The take over has done us a lot of damage in public relations as people don't know where their money is really going.

It's been boring for ages now iyam. Not a new / recent thing.

tbh the match was mainly dull with breif bursts of not so dull for years before kk turned up as manager. The last three months of "that season" wasnt boring but was the least enjoyable period of football Ive ever experienced.

I think I enjoyed the day most when the football was gray and depressing, but the day out was always great

tbh the match was mainly dull with breif bursts of not so dull for years before kk turned up as manager. The last three months of "that season" wasnt boring but was the least enjoyable period of football Ive ever experienced.

I think I enjoyed the day most when the football was gray and depressing, but the day out was always great

I just meant the last four or five seasons. Shit football, tepid atmosphere etc.