Magpies remain a passion for Ashley

Scottish Mag

If they honestly think Kinnear is the right man to achieve anything other than constant health/relegation battles then I don't care how much they 'care' they need to give their heads a shake.

Many others have said before, it seems they need a manager they've got complete control over irrespective of ability. Kinnear fits the bill perfectly

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Helmet on. :lol:

Slagged of for not attending the supporters forum - The article suggest LLambias attended.

Slagged off for no communicating - Now communicating.

Let it go, move on for fucks sake.

Yes we'd all love Martin Oneil and Randy Learner, but we have what we have and a few hundred, thats right a few hundred still banging on about Ashley / Wise out is doing nothing positive and will do nothing positive.

Step at a time. They are now communicating.

The hope was for them to communicate the reasons for what they've done and the action they're going to take in future to fix things.

"We spent lots of money, we'll take nothing out, we got a curve ball and didn't know what to do, we were naive and unfortunate, we understand now, we'll get 46 points, challenge for the lot in 5 years, Ashley is passionate, we've caught up, don't want to fail, fans make it difficult saying "Ashley out", we're looking forward"

Can you find me one contstructive tid-bit in all this guff?

Who was attending the forum from the supporters side and what was on the agenda?

Get rid of Kinnear, invest in some decent players and then we'll talk.

That is of paramount importance, for me. I don't have one iota of confidence in the man.

The other two stooges have to go too IMO (Wise and Llambias).

who is to say that an "interested" Ashley enjoying himself again might not be tempted to splash the cash in the summer if a good deal comes along, albeit not in the style of Freddy.

He wasn't tempted to do that when Keegan was here and getting his "full support".

Made a profit that summer and left us needing all over the park.

He didn't have the excuse of all us negative ninnies spoiling his fun* for him and getting between him and his hobby then though.

*how dare we by the way? We're just paying customers keeping afloat the company he's running for a hobby. Thank god his non Geordie kids can go to the match again.

That is of paramount importance, for me. I don't have one iota of confidence in the man.

The other two stooges have to go too IMO (Wise and Llambias).

The absolute key answer in the Llambias shite for me was when he was asked why didn't Ashley just get rid of Wise and get Keegan back at the weekend meeting - his reply was "that was never going to happen".

In other words Ashley put his mate's job before the good of the club - that to me is unforgivable in any terms.

Edited by NJS

Throw Wise out on his miniscule arse, pack Kinnear off to a retirement home and thank him for his contribution, wipe that smirk of Llambias's face, bring in a half decent manager and give him some half decent money and we can work together again as I've said from the start. I think a large majority of our fans feel the same way. Some think what's happening is OK (cue the kids' board), some are hellbent on seeing Ashley out, but I think if he just gives up whatever idiot idea made him change his ways after Allardyce went and goes back to running the club like clubs should be run, all of this trouble would go away.

who is to say that an "interested" Ashley enjoying himself again might not be tempted to splash the cash in the summer if a good deal comes along, albeit not in the style of Freddy.

:lol:

Call me a cynic, but I'd say it's unlikely.

Throw Wise out on his miniscule arse, pack Kinnear off to a retirement home and thank him for his contribution, wipe that smirk of Llambias's face, bring in a half decent manager and give him some half decent money and we can work together again as I've said from the start. I think a large majority of our fans feel the same way. Some think what's happening is OK (cue the kids' board), some are hellbent on seeing Ashley out, but I think if he just gives up whatever idiot idea made him change his ways after Allardyce went and goes back to running the club like clubs should be run, all of this trouble would go away.

The days of a manager coming in and been allowed to spend millions off their own back, I think are long gone from newcastle and many other clubs. It was fun while it lasted but as Gordon would say, prudence is the buzz word these days. Footballers are now relatively just too expensive and too big a risk to a clubs financial stability.

The current player pricing is unsubstainable especially with the goings on at city and I'm not sure what comes next. We have been spoilt over the last 15 years and can't get used to the fact that the partys over and it's tidy up time.

£160M was spent in January gone. Up £10M on the year before.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/fe...ier-league-2009

The days of a manager coming in and been allowed to spend millions off their own back, I think are long gone from newcastle and many other clubs. It was fun while it lasted but as Gordon would say, prudence is the buzz word these days. Footballers are now relatively just too expensive and too big a risk to a clubs financial stability.

The current player pricing is unsubstainable especially with the goings on at city and I'm not sure what comes next. We have been spoilt over the last 15 years and can't get used to the fact that the partys over and it's tidy up time.

Rubbish.

I agree totally.

If they honestly think Kinnear is the right man to achieve anything other than constant health/relegation battles then I don't care how much they 'care' they need to give their heads a shake.

This is the problem, we dont know if they see him as the man till the end of the season or if they see him as the man for us next season too.

If its the latter then im worried, although JFK hasnt been as bad as some make out he is NOT the man to take us foward. Part of me thinks stick with him for the sake of some stability and consistency but he is on a rolling contract so should we get another manager they wont have to shell out on severance fees etc.

Im partial to the idea of bringing in Big Al at the end of the season, i totally think he will bring the buzz and have the same impact as what KK had. He will command the repsect from the players and attract players of a good standard, he is ambitious and a strong character. Exactly what we need imo.

The thing is that they seem to think JFK works well in the set up, whether that is because he does as he is told and they have him by the nuts or what i dont know.

Should we stay up, finish strongly and at the end of the season say they thank JFK for what he done and wish him all the best (He'll get another job now) then i think alot of the guys on here and in the stands will start to put a little faith back into the current regime.

Isn't Kinnear just about the worst NUFC manager in history going purely off his record? Can't remember the exact stats but it was brought up a short while ago. HF will confirm or otherwise.

Rubbish.

How can you think that post was rubbish ??? Absolutely spot on IMO

Lets not get too carried away. The article goes on to say...

"The record level of gross spending has largely been driven by transfers between Premier League clubs [about £105m], in particular fuelled by the activity of Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur."

Statistics, damn statistics. :razz:

We're a Premier league club though. :lol:

For now.

Isn't Kinnear just about the worst NUFC manager in history going purely off his record? Can't remember the exact stats but it was brought up a short while ago. HF will confirm or otherwise.

The BBC have him down as 40% in the Premier league (24 points out of 60 available).

All competitions, they would give him 38% (25 points out of 66 available).

However this includes the West Brom game, and I say he was already on leave by then, so I give him 35% (22 points out of 63 available).

Ardiles is only just worse on 34% (all competitions)

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=573532

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ats/default.stm

"The record level of gross spending has largely been driven by transfers between Premier League clubs [about £105m], in particular fuelled by the activity of Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur."

Statistics, damn statistics. :icon_lol:

For now.

I was referring to the fact that £105 of the £160 was spent by two clubs, City and Spuds. We all know City are throwing silly money at everyone (except Newcastle) and likewise, Spurs seem to be throwing "silly" money at Harry (btw a very overated manager imo).

So I can't use "we" but you can? :razz:

Statistics, damn statistics. :razz:

For now.

I was referring to the fact that £105 of the £160 was spent by two clubs, City and Spuds. We all know City are throwing silly money at everyone (except Newcastle) and likewise, Spurs seem to be throwing "silly" money at Harry (btw a very overated manager imo).

Arsenal took it to £175M once the Arshavin deal was done too....and it was January.

Fuck me the Ashley party line being swallowed whole. Is Tree writing Llambias's scripts or merely regurgitating them?

I notice the term prudence used further up, a euphemism if ever I've heard one. Is it 'prudent' to be involved in a relegation battle every season then? Because if you are -and Ashley's record so far is two out of two- then sooner or later you'll go (how much will that cost by the way?). Is it 'prudent' to run the club so badly that the vast majority of the supporters are completely disillusioned with what's going on and many long-standing ST holders will not renew (that's guaranteed)? Is a massive drop in matchday revenue 'prudent'? Is 'prudence' responsible for us being so devalued as a club that the only manager who would come is a relic who no-one else would touch? This 'prudence' also seems to be leading to our better players wanting out. That always works :lol:

Will it take relegation for the gullible fucks still believing Ashley to open their eyes?