Magpies remain a passion for Ashley

Scottish Mag

Fuck me the Ashley party line being swallowed whole. Is Tree writing Llambias's scripts or merely regurgitating them?

I notice the term prudence used further up, a euphemism if ever I've heard one. Is it 'prudent' to be involved in a relegation battle every season then? Because if you are -and Ashley's record so far is two out of two- then sooner or later you'll go (how much will that cost by the way?). Is it 'prudent' to run the club so badly that the vast majority of the supporters are completely disillusioned with what's going on and many long-standing ST holders will not renew (that's guaranteed)? Is a massive drop in matchday revenue 'prudent'? Is 'prudence' responsible for us being so devalued as a club that the only manager who would come is a relic who no-one else would touch? This 'prudence' also seems to be leading to our better players wanting out. That always works :razz:

Will it take relegation for the gullible fucks still believing Ashley to open their eyes?

'Stick with us, you've seen worse' :icon_lol::lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me the Ashley party line being swallowed whole. Is Tree writing Llambias's scripts or merely regurgitating them?

I notice the term prudence used further up, a euphemism if ever I've heard one. Is it 'prudent' to be involved in a relegation battle every season then? Because if you are -and Ashley's record so far is two out of two- then sooner or later you'll go (how much will that cost by the way?). Is it 'prudent' to run the club so badly that the vast majority of the supporters are completely disillusioned with what's going on and many long-standing ST holders will not renew (that's guaranteed)? Is a massive drop in matchday revenue 'prudent'? Is 'prudence' responsible for us being so devalued as a club that the only manager who would come is a relic who no-one else would touch? This 'prudence' also seems to be leading to our better players wanting out. That always works :)

Will it take relegation for the gullible fucks still believing Ashley to open their eyes?

Let it go.... Go On......Mooooooooove on!

Truth in some of what you say but the past is the past. I bet if i look back there will be a post bleating about the club not communicating. Now they are and they are not suddenly going to sack wise and LLambias and sell up, so you might as well enjoy.

Its been shit before you know.

And lets not totally repaint history because your toys are out of the pram. Allardyce was here BEFORE Ashley arrived, so lets not totally blame Ashley for that season eh.

I know a lot of long time season ticket holders and they are not gullible, just realistic about where we are here an now.

The majority of them ARE prepared to see what happens over the coming months / close season based on what has now been said, not some NUSC wishlist. I think you may be dissappointed for some time to come.

'It's been shit before' :lol: - whose recent comments does that remind me of? And what was I saying about Llambias's scripts? :razz:

You keep trotting out your platitudes and cliches, I'll call it as I see it. And what I see is a club going to shit.

Your vendetta against NUSC (with which I have nothing to do) is verging on the obsessive, incidentally. You are talking absolute shit about ST holders by the way - very few matchgoers I know have any faith in Ashley. But then again, you said the other day that corporate is the 'only way' to experience the match, so I suppose it depends on who you mix with :icon_lol:

Get rid of Kinnear, invest in some decent players and then we'll talk.

I agree totally.

If they honestly think Kinnear is the right man to achieve anything other than constant health/relegation battles then I don't care how much they 'care' they need to give their heads a shake.

This is the problem, we dont know if they see him as the man till the end of the season or if they see him as the man for us next season too.

If its the latter then im worried, although JFK hasnt been as bad as some make out he is NOT the man to take us foward. Part of me thinks stick with him for the sake of some stability and consistency but he is on a rolling contract so should we get another manager they wont have to shell out on severance fees etc.

Im partial to the idea of bringing in Big Al at the end of the season, i totally think he will bring the buzz and have the same impact as what KK had. He will command the repsect from the players and attract players of a good standard, he is ambitious and a strong character. Exactly what we need imo.

The thing is that they seem to think JFK works well in the set up, whether that is because he does as he is told and they have him by the nuts or what i dont know.

Should we stay up, finish strongly and at the end of the season say they thank JFK for what he done and wish him all the best (He'll get another job now) then i think alot of the guys on here and in the stands will start to put a little faith back into the current regime.

This.

I'd be surprised if there were any bids in the current financial climate. Unfortunately I think we're going to have to just sit on things for the moment and see how it goes. I've sort of accepted that this isnt going to suddenly change overnight, and it looks as though we will still be in this kind of situation this time next season.

For all that Kinnear has done, he's not the man to take us forward, least for his health concerns. We need to have a management staff which is happy with the way the club is run, and also staff who can attract good players. Ill be interested to see what happens in the summer in regards to transfers and management and then again in the January window. In a years time, ill make a judgement to whether things have improved or not.

Surely the lack of appetite for demonstrations or boycotts, demonstrates to you that most fans while not estatic about how things have evolved, understand that we are where we are, and are getting on with being supporters.

That's a careless interpretation. People have continued to go this season in spite of Ashley, out of loyalty to their team and because a lot of them had already paid by the time the shit hit the fan (a term more than usually applicable here, incidentally). But any complacent assuption he has about 50,000 turning up regardless is going to be shattered come summer. This club does not have enough diehards to fill the stadium - tens of thousands came on board because of Keegan and Hall, and they're going to be departing in increasing numbers.

Seriously, Ive been where you are

You've been where I am :lol:

They don't let filthy mackem tramps in places I go :icon_lol:

Assuming you're for real (I'm not convinced you are like), what you're saying there is you used to mistrust Ashley but now you believe in him - a kind of reverse epiphany :razz:

One of the major bugbears is the persistence with Kinnear (and the likes of Hughton in the interim) so that's a load of rubbish. A good manager would be a massive step in the right direction. You, however, seem to lap up the PR patter.

Additionally, previous protests got a big two fingers from the regime so perhaps people think they are a bit pointless / have become apathetic and disheartened. That doesn't imply they approve of what the board is doing. Try holding a pro-Ashley rally and see what happens if you're so insistent attendance and support at a rally indicates the mood of the ST holders, match going fans etc.

So if you hold the majority view and I'm in the minority, why was no one at the rally and why are all the bars in at James full. Wish wish wish and slag Slag slag is all you do. Ashley could unveil bus hiddink as manager tomorrow and you, d still whine on.

I do believe I've elicited a good old-fashioned twisty-knickered chomp :lol:

Additionally, previous protests got a big two fingers from the regime so perhaps people think they are a bit pointless / have become apathetic and disheartened. That doesn't imply they approve of what the board is doing. Try holding a pro-Ashley rally and see what happens if you're so insistent attendance and support at a rally indicates the mood of the ST holders, match going fans etc.

Rubbish, one little protest and Ashley put the club up for sale last time. Some on here just can't move on from the past, draw a line and concentrate on what the club have now said they are going to do. More interested in whinging about history than positive news about the scouting set up.

Why bother? Take up fishing or summit.

The club's always been up for sale. It was just made public imo.

Who can't move on from the past btw? Can you be a little more specific because you just sound like another one of Llambias' soundbites - i.e. being obsessed with KK. I don't think anyone genuinely is.

Some on here just can't move on from the past, draw a line and concentrate on what the club have now said they are going to do. More interested in whinging about history than positive news about the scouting set up.

Ashley, who we're discussing here, owns the club in the present you clown :lol:

You keep using empty phrases like 'draw a line' and 'move on' in a clueless attempt to suggest Ashley's mismangement of the club thus far has no bearing on what's happening now (you know, our shit, relegation-battling football team).

Most of us don't believe fairies live at the bottom of the garden and, likewise, aren't buying into Llambias's ridiculous projections. Challenging for everything in five years, do me a fucking favour :razz:

Rubbish, one little protest and Ashley put the club up for sale last time. Some on here just can't move on from the past, draw a line and concentrate on what the club have now said they are going to do. More interested in whinging about history than positive news about the scouting set up.

Why bother? Take up fishing or summit.

The club's always been up for sale. It was just made public imo.

Who can't move on from the past btw? Can you be a little more specific because you just sound like another one of Llambias' soundbites - i.e. being obsessed with KK. I don't think anyone genuinely is.

They and you know who they are. :icon_lol:

The ones who dwell in the past, who ask for communication then dont want it.

The ones who always know better, no doubt whibged about the halls, shepherd, seymour whoever.

If and I agree its a big If, Ashley can now transfer some of his midas touch from sports direct to Newcastle, then we could finally have a very good custodian of the hallowed turf. Sure he's not perfect and has ballsed up over some appointments, but getting the foundations right, scouting for the future and making us financially stable are all big ticks on my list for Newcastle united.

Wait for it....Is that the negs coming....playing the same old tune :razz:

No specifics then. Thought not.

And the irony of the bit in bold :lol:

Edited by alex

Specifics!!! Can you not read. Or just too interested to type something pointless.

Financial stability, scouting system ( particularly in france), communication, stability, working with fan groups

You ask lots of questions but struggle at times to discuss answers. If you discuss these comments, do so in the context of which I made them above or just type another pointless dig. Matters not.

Can't you?

I asked for specifics regarding who 'can't move on from the past' and by extension I meant in what way they couldn't. I asked as it was fairly obvious that was a straw man argument constructed by yourself. As evidenced by your talking about something quite different in your reply.

Edited by alex