Bolton Wanderers 1-0 Newcastle United

Tom

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got there just after half-time, had to buy a second set of tickets and we're still waiting for the team to turn up!

Can someone tell me when Gavin McCann because Franz Beckenbauer because our midfield made the cunt look as good as the kaiser?

Not going to comment on the game as what I thought of it has already been said....

However, did anyone see Alan Smith when they were making the Butt-Geremi substition? My lip reading isnt that bad and he was quite clearly looking over at Houghton who was making the sub with the words, "Prick, fucking prick". Clearly annoyed at not getting an opportunity to play, morale really is great in the camp isnt it Derek?

I wonder about the mental state of the people in charge of our team, every game they start with Shola up front when he's fit, and even when he isn't! He is not and will never be good enough. They leave Viduka on the bench instead of starting him and seeing how long you can get before he tires and when they finally bring him on, far too late as usual, they take Martins off!

Bolton were utter shite, completely there for the taking, yet did enough to deserve their win which tells you alot about our efforts.

Butt could on another day easilly have been sent off, you raise your hand to somebody's face you can walk, to give credit to their lad, Butt probably would have walked if he'd hit the ground clutching his face like most of the cheating twats in the prem do.

I think the coaching staff should be sectioned.

What about the resale value!! :lol:

Not going to comment on the game as what I thought of it has already been said....

However, did anyone see Alan Smith when they were making the Butt-Geremi substition? My lip reading isnt that bad and he was quite clearly looking over at Houghton who was making the sub with the words, "Prick, fucking prick". Clearly annoyed at not getting an opportunity to play, morale really is great in the camp isnt it Derek?

Saw that as well. :doh:

Let Smitty loose at least we'll hurt a couple of sides as we go down. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

The official match report sums it up nicely in one sentence:

7min - Steve Harper pumps a long ball into the opposition penalty area but Shola's header, looking for strike partner Martins, lacks direction and runs away for a goal kick.

The kids must be so shit in training as we've had so many injury crises and shit half-injured players being played out of position esp centre-mid, and the only player who has actually started (or had a half to impress) a proper game since the roeder man u game was carroll (i'm sure there were others but I'm struggling). The management only see them fit for the last 10 mins of a game we're not going to recover, or for filling up the numbers on the sub bench.

I say we sacrifice the games against man u, chelsea, arsenal, and only play (relatively decent) players who are fully fit in their proper position, players who need match fitness, and give the youngsters a chance. Almost use those games as preseason so we are in tiptop shape for the games we may stand a chance in. Who knows one of the youngsters might actually be better than the rest of the shit currently out there

Arsenal in particular is a game where we should be looking for a result. We can't just write matches off and hope we'll get positive results in the games we see as winnable.

The official match report sums it up nicely in one sentence:

7min - Steve Harper pumps a long ball into the opposition penalty area but Shola's header, looking for strike partner Martins, lacks direction and runs away for a goal kick.

The kids must be so shit in training as we've had so many injury crises and shit half-injured players being played out of position esp centre-mid, and the only player who has actually started (or had a half to impress) a proper game since the roeder man u game was carroll (i'm sure there were others but I'm struggling). The management only see them fit for the last 10 mins of a game we're not going to recover, or for filling up the numbers on the sub bench.

I say we sacrifice the games against man u, chelsea, arsenal, and only play (relatively decent) players who are fully fit in their proper position, players who need match fitness, and give the youngsters a chance. Almost use those games as preseason so we are in tiptop shape for the games we may stand a chance in. Who knows one of the youngsters might actually be better than the rest of the shit currently out there

Let loose the puppies of war...Like it. :lol:

We can't just write matches off and hope we'll get positive results in the games we see as winnable.

Remember the time (and it wasn't that long ago) when it didn't matter who we were playing, you always knew there was a chance to take points from them.

Now we might take a point seems a highlight.

Arsenal in particular is a game where we should be looking for a result. We can't just write matches off and hope we'll get positive results in the games we see as winnable.

Can't see it happening. We don't have the players to stick to the gameplan required to suffocate arsenal. Especially the way that (it comes off on motd anyway) Arshavin seems to be pulling the strings. Him and RVP will make mincemeat of our CB's. Solid teams always have a chance against Arsenal, we don't.

Plus, I think that approaching the game from 11 fully fit players in their positions with a sprinkling of hungry youngsters has considerably more chance of fluking a point that butt, stroller, etc al (if they're what passes for fit at newcastle on the morning of a game)

Can't see it happening. We don't have the players to stick to the gameplan required to suffocate arsenal. Especially the way that (it comes off on motd anyway) Arshavin seems to be pulling the strings. Him and RVP will make mincemeat of our CB's. Solid teams always have a chance against Arsenal, we don't.

Plus, I think that approaching the game from 11 fully fit players in their positions with a sprinkling of hungry youngsters has considerably more chance of fluking a point that butt, stroller, etc al (if they're what passes for fit at newcastle on the morning of a game)

Don't really want to argue about it but the call of 'play the youngsters' is just rubbish man. Presumably you're on about starting people who 1) you haven't seen / have barely seen play and 2) have barely even made the bench despite our struggles with injuries and so on this year.

Edited by alex

Burley is an utter tosser and about as anti Newcastle as they come.

He's pretty much a Man U fan when they play against us, so biased it's unreal.

''Why doesn't Owen sign for a proper club''

I heard him say :lol:

What part of that is untrue ? we are a joke.

I like Burley. He says what he thinks.

We are shit. FACT. And he says that. I have no problem with honesty.

Fair enough, don't want to argue about it either. I've seen Butt et al. be shit for greater than 30 games this year, so if we're going to get battered, why not get a chance to learn about players we're not going to learn anything about in the reserves. They may sink, they may swim, they may let the game completely pass them by, but its a damn sight better than seeing cacapa playing centre mid

I'm not advocating getting 5 or 6 of them in the team. Just IMO that I'd rather see a couple of them filling gaps than not very good players who aren't really fit playing out of position.

However, its not worth arguing about

Don't really want to argue about it but the call of 'play the youngsters' is just rubbish man. Presumably you're on about starting people who 1) you haven't seen / have barely seen play and 2) have barely even made the bench despite our struggles with injuries and so on this year.

I heard him say :lol:

You would never have guessed he was an ex Celtic player the way he wanted to slag off Lovenkrands at any opportunity.

I heard him say :doh:

You would never have guessed he was an ex Celtic player the way he wanted to slag off Lovenkrands at any opportunity.

yeah, i picked up on that one to be fair.

He also mentioned Viduka had "desire" problems when he played with him a Celtic. :lol:

He hates us but at the same time he was brutally truthful today.

Having said that I think the Man City game where he did correctly criticise the ref, he was also quite positive about us in general so I think he is willing to put his hatred aside occasionally.

We can't just write matches off and hope we'll get positive results in the games we see as winnable.

Remember the time (and it wasn't that long ago) when it didn't matter who we were playing, you always knew there was a chance to take points from them.

Now we might take a point seems a highlight.

Not in the same was as say under Robson perhaps, but even at the beginning of this season (first 3 games anyway), it almost felt like that again.

Can't someone over there make team selection easier for Hughton by kidnapping Amoeba and putting him on a slow boat to China to be used as ballast :lol:

Burley absolutely hates us man. Plain as day.

Knackered himself against us, didn't he?

So people have said. Seems a bit odd to hold the grudge against the club / team rather than the individual involved though.