We won't be relegated darlings

Park Life

See this thread is relevant I think because no one is entertaining the idea we'll be relegated. Look at this though

2012/2013 P17 Pts17 Aveppg 1.00

2008/2009 P26 Pts28 Aveppg 1.14

I know it's a meaningless stat but we're average less points than we were when we were relegated. We have Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton in our next four games, that could even be P21 Pts18. If that fat bastard doesn't spend £15m in January, people who continue to support him deserve a kicking.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See this thread is relevant I think because no one is entertaining the idea we'll be relegated. Look at this though

I know it's a meaningless stat but we're average less points than we were when we were relegated. We have Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton in our next four games, that could even be P21 Pts18. If that fat bastard doesn't spend £15m in January, people who continue to support him deserve a kicking.

We weren't too bad at the start of that season though. there was a 4 game run of defeats around the time Keegan went, but we never lost 2 on the bounce again until christmas.

Christmas was fucking dreadful though, and we cashed in over January rather than fixing the problems. It was downhill from there losing 8 of our last 12. Which is where you've stopped taking the average for some arbitrary reason.

We averaged 0.89 points per game over that whole season, so we're still staying above that.

January is big though. Squad needs to see quality additions.

The way we are tracking we'd go down imo. If we do fuck all in Jan (spending) we will. Last time around I remember saying a few times "there are 3 worse teams" but denial is a dangerous thing (if you cant swim etc).

What worries me is that we've so far failed to beat Reading, the mackems, Villa, and Southampton. Anything less than a win against QPR then we'll have failed to beat anyone in the bottom half bar Wigan. Need to start beating people at home, simple as. I remember saying this in 2008/09 as well though...

We only lost 6 games to bottom half opponents in the entire relegation season. Home and away. If Stoke and Swansea drop into the bottom half, as is likely, then we'd be on 5 for this season.

We only lost 3 home games to opponents outside the top 4 in the entire relegation season. We're on 2 already.

One thing we've got this season over 08-09 is relative stability. The club was an absolute mess the relegation season, from top to bottom. Laughing stock of the league, with good reason.

One reason it's important we stick with Pardew. Sacking him, letting Carver take charge for a bit, bring in some manager who makes people go "Fuck me, I remember him!" and fannying about until we are relegated isn't the way forward.

Even if we spend £20m in January, (which is less than we should have spent in the summer), then I think anyone who supports him still deserves to be criticised.

Surely no one still supports him?

Massive January coming up.

Strengthen in the key areas and we'll be alreet. It's a crazy league so anything can still happen. We're still close to the mid table bunch so if we can get the confidence back and start getting results then we'll move up the table. Definitely need to address our lack of wins though, few players aren't pulling their weight at the moment.

Tall order Parky. Pardew was waxing lyrically about Reading "definately staying up" after we clawed onto a draw against them, only for them to get mullered by every other team in the division ever since :lol:

Think it's do-able. We've played well the last 3 games - high tempo and so on...Word is Remy will arrive Jan1st. He has been shit for a couple of years but he can also be very good. Hatem and Remy either side of Cisse should be enough.

The problem is by the time hatem is back, we might well sit on our back on 3 more conseq defeats by which the morale damage would already be done.

A case of too little too late me thinks.

Good chance of going into the new year with 19-23 points at best. At worst..well. Thats really worrying.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

The last couple of games have instilled a bit of hope but we still lost them. A team that cant defend and doesnt create chances has a chance of getting the relegation dogfight.

Cabaye coming back fit and with his head on it is going to be huge.

Edited by Holden McGroin

The last couple of games have instilled a bit of hope but we still lost them. A team that cant defend and doesnt create chances has a chance of getting the relegation dogfight.

Cabaye coming back fit and with his head on it is going to be huge.

He has been dogshit up until his injury, but yeah I guess he would be an upgrade from what we have available atm.

Personally I think Cabaye will leave in the january window. And you can quote me on that ( McFaul style)