We won't be relegated darlings

Park Life

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relegation is a terrifying thought. But perhaps the worst of it is that even if we manage to avoid it, we're still fucked. Ashley will congratulate himself on his gamble coming off, the 'plan' will run it's course and we'll have more of the same next season. Kinnear or some other no-mark, good players wanting out, zero net spend, falling attendances and shit football.

Christ I hope he sells, but I can't see him getting the price he wants this summer. I dread to think what state we'll be in by the end of next season.

Relegation is a terrifying thought. But perhaps the worst of it is that even if we manage to avoid it, we're still fucked. Ashley will congratulate himself on his gamble coming off, the 'plan' will run it's course and we'll have more of the same next season. Kinnear or some other no-mark, good players wanting out, zero net spend, falling attendances and shit football.

Christ I hope he sells, but I can't see him getting the price he wants this summer. I dread to think what state we'll be in by the end of next season.

My lack of hope has resulted in an attitude of "bring it on" which I suppose deep down is daft - ideally we stop up and are sold as soon as possible.

Relegation is a black hole. I'd not trust this mob to get us straight back up as they haven't got a clue about football - and Ashley strikes me as too pig-headed to accept his methods aren't working and change accordingly.

I also doubt he'd take a big loss on the club which he'd have to if we went down, so relegation makes a sale less likely.

I'm just glad that it aint all three of them in a row, I'm glad Hull have been added to break it up a bit. I think a win against Hull and draw against Arsnal ManUre and Chelsea are gonna rump us IMO

Best time to play the big teams is when your back is against the wall.

Looking forward to it.

Bring it the fuck on!! :lol:

After the next 4 games, we will be in the bottom three. Which means we are playing catch up and have to actually do better than the teams above us in the run-in to stay up. Now given that we haven't even been able to tread water and stay above them effectively, and given that every team below us has picked up points at a rate greater than us over the last however many games, I cannot see a way for us to get out of that bottom 3 come the end of the season.

In a way I think the last Boro result has come as a shock, my mate told me on the phone and I didn't believe him till I logged on.

We have to beat Hull. That is now THE GAME.

Relegation is a black hole. I'd not trust this mob to get us straight back up as they haven't got a clue about football - and Ashley strikes me as too pig-headed to accept his methods aren't working and change accordingly.

I also doubt he'd take a big loss on the club which he'd have to if we went down, so relegation makes a sale less likely.

My current thinking is that with Ashley's complete lack of ambition, being in the premier league is becoming "pointless" and if he does want to stay/can't sell then relegation will 1. force his hand and 2. as I've said before a year going to "strange" places would actually be more enjoyable for me at my current status as a football fan.

Of course its iffy in terms of medium term if we can't compete in the championship but I think it still might be worth it - even in terms of a general clearout/restart.

I'm scared that the next 3 matches will prompt a death spiral from which we can't recover. We lack the talent on and off the field to turn things around; we need a massive slice of luck to steal some points off one of the big boys imo.

We don't need luck, we need God to exist and be a Newcastle fan. :lol:

That's a given mate. :doh:

It's all about what is more likely to attract a buyer / allow the owner to sell for something approaching the price he's after. Because if he doesn't find a buyer I think it's a case of we're fucked if we stay up and (possibly even more) fucked if we go down.

It's all about what is more likely to attract a buyer / allow the owner to sell for something approaching the price he's after. Because if he doesn't find a buyer I think it's a case of we're fucked if we stay up and (possibly even more) fucked if we go down.

We need to stay up and in the summer things will be clearer as we rid ourselves of the big wage boys who are crippling the club and not even available (often) for selection.

We need to stay up and in the summer things will be clearer as we rid ourselves of the big wage boys who are crippling the club and not even available (often) for selection.

I think we'll struggle to shift any ones that aren't out of contract.

And Nicky Butt is getting another year on his contract...

He won't be offerred silly wages for the last year.

Viduka, Smith, Geremi and Owen will all be gone.

A combined saving of 300,000 a week!!!!

According to NUSC £17M of the £70M salaries goes on non-playing staff. :lol:

He'll be on less than he's on presumably. Significantly so. Look who the board have actually secured / tried to tie down with new deals though - Shola, Butt and Harper. Have I missed anyone? Whoopy fucking doo. And even if Smith, Barton and Geremi leave along with Viduka and Owen - will they be adequately replaced? In terms of numbers or quality?

So Smith will give up 3 years of a lucrative contract he'll never get elsewhere? Can't see it. And Geremi has a year left after this. No reason not to sit on it. Shifting high earners is much easier said than done, as we've found to our cost. Plus, if I was Smith or Geremi I'd probably say 'fuck you' to Wise for trying to move them behind the players' backs.

According to NUSC £17M of the £70M salaries goes on non-playing staff. :lol:

Jesus fuck!!

Is there a breakdown of that anywhere??

So Smith will give up 3 years of a lucrative contract he'll never get elsewhere? Can't see it. And Geremi has a year left after this. No reason not to sit on it. Shifting high earners is much easier said than done, as we've found to our cost. Plus, if I was Smith or Geremi I'd probably say 'fuck you' to Wise for trying to move them behind the players' backs.

Let them go for a free or take a couple of mill for Smith.

Actually, NUSC just picked up on it. The club themselves let it slip - i.e. 76% or a £100m turnover is wages. But player wages account for £59m. Or roughly something like that.

Not that simple man, as I've just pointed out.

Actually, NUSC just picked up on it. The club themselves let it slip - i.e. 76% or a £100m turnover is wages. But player wages account for £59m. Or roughly something like that.

Wise on 1.2m a year. Nearly threw me lucky mug out the window. The cunt.

Send the heavies in. :lol:

Send the heavies in. :doh:

You watch too many films. Guy Ritchie ones :lol:

Send the heavies in. :)

You watch too many films. Guy Ritchie ones :lol:

Get Gamorra sweetie. :doh:

Looking on the bright side it all very well but the current bottom four of the championship (Notts Forest, Southampton, Norwich, Charlton) tells you that it's no given that you're coming back up anytime soon. This is a top division club, and has only ever not been because of incompetent management. I can't see anything good about being a division below the fucking mackems.

Losing the big wage/small contribution lot (most of whom Ashley brought in) is all very well but we'll also lose the few remaining good players we have. I haven't got the information or patience to work out the numbers but I'm pretty sure any savings on the wages side will be more than offset by the revenue crash relegation would cause. And anyway I don't buy the idea that getting the wage bill down will result in any significant increase in investment in the first team. I think that's all bollocks, and they'll come up with a new set of excuses when that one no longer stands up.