We won't be relegated darlings

Park Life

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tottenham spanking Boro was a decent result for us I think. Hull getting the late winner was not. Ultimately though if we manage to beat them (Hull) we will go ahead of them temporarily. Stoke winning was another thorn in out side. I think it's possible for us to nab a point off Arsenal or Chelsea, or even both as they'll have a lot of pressure on them (we will too of course).

This is our complete run home.

Hull City (A)

Arsenal (H)

Chelsea (H)

Stoke (A)

Tottenham (A)

Portsmouth (H)

Liverpool (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

Fulham (H)

Aston Villa (A)

If we win three of the four bolded matches I think we'll be safe, and will likely send two of Boro/Stoke/Hull/Portsmouth down. Two of them are away though, so I'm under no illusion that they are in any way easy matches.

We're in the shit, big time.

Edited by OzToonFan

At the moment it's tough to be optimistic. I fully expected us to get beaten by MUFC and I've been gloomy about our survival prospects for a long time, so I don't know why I'm feeling so down about it. It's so sad to see us where we are now; riches to rags, reduced to rummaging in bins for leftovers.

Tottenham spanking Boro was a decent result for us I think. Hull getting the late winner was not. Ultimately though if we manage to beat them (Hull) we will go ahead of them temporarily. Stoke winning was another thorn in out side. I think it's possible for us to nab a point off Arsenal or Chelsea, or even both as they'll have a lot of pressure on them (we will too of course).

Hull City (A)

Arsenal (H)

Chelsea (H)

Stoke (A)

Tottenham (A)

Portsmouth (H)

Liverpool (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

Fulham (H)

Aston Villa (A)

If we win three of the four bolded matches I think we'll be safe, and will likely send two of Boro/Stoke/Hull/Portsmouth down. Two of them are away though, so I'm under no illusion that they are in any way easy matches.

Na we wont go above Hull if we beat them we will be a point behind still... :icon_lol:

Na we wont go above Hull if we beat them we will be a point behind still... :icon_lol:

Whoops, must have been looking at a non-updated table.

:icon_lol:

as at now;

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS

1 Man Utd 27 12 1 0 30 5 8 4 2 18 7 36 65

2 Chelsea 28 7 5 2 23 8 10 2 2 25 8 32 58

3 Liverpool 28 8 6 0 22 8 8 4 2 23 12 25 58

4 Aston Villa 28 5 7 2 20 15 10 0 4 22 14 13 52

5 Arsenal 28 7 5 2 18 11 6 5 3 23 15 15 49

6 Everton 28 5 5 4 20 16 7 4 3 16 12 8 45

7 West Ham 28 7 1 6 19 17 4 5 5 15 17 0 39

8 Man City 28 9 0 5 30 12 1 5 8 15 24 9 35

9 Wigan 28 6 4 4 13 12 3 4 7 14 15 0 35

10 Fulham 27 8 3 2 21 10 0 7 7 3 13 1 34

11 Bolton 28 6 2 6 14 15 4 1 9 16 25 -10 33

12 Hull 28 3 3 8 15 29 5 5 4 19 21 -16 32

13 Tottenham 27 5 5 4 15 9 3 2 8 17 23 0 31

14 Sunderland 27 5 2 6 15 15 3 5 6 12 20 -8 31

15 Stoke 28 7 4 3 17 13 0 4 10 10 31 -17 29

16 Newcastle 28 4 6 4 20 22 2 4 8 14 23 -11 28

17 Portsmouth 27 5 2 7 18 22 2 5 6 11 22 -15 28

18 Blackburn 27 3 5 6 15 21 3 4 6 15 22 -13 27

19 Middlesbrough 28 4 6 4 12 15 2 2 10 8 25 -20 26

20 West Brom 28 5 2 7 19 27 1 2 11 6 27 -29 22

Edited by trophyshy

Hull City (A)

Arsenal (H)

Chelsea (H)

Stoke (A)

Tottenham (A)

Portsmouth (H)

Liverpool (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

Fulham (H)

Aston Villa (A)

If we can get 2 points from Hull and Stoke we will be doing well.

Take a look at our away record, its utter shit.

The crucial games are Pompey, Boro and Fulham. Anything less than 9 points from those 3 and I fear the reality of relegation.

I think we need to win at least one of those two away games. We need to be looking at 4 points from them. Trouble is we've only won a handful of games all season - 6? And about 5 away games in the last two seasons.

Edited by alex

Hull City (A)Win

Arsenal (H) Win

Chelsea (H) Draw

Stoke (A) Loss

Tottenham (A) Draw

Portsmouth (H)Win

Liverpool (A) loss

Middlesbrough (H) Win

Fulham (H) Win

Aston Villa (A) Loss.

17 points.

Could you pm me the number of your dealer please? TIA.

He only delivers in Cap D Antibes. :lol:

Worth the journey going off the above :superman2sa2:

Guest Stevie

JUST done the predictor again: :superman2sa2: it's hairy

12 Hull 44

15 Blackburn 43

14 Tottenham 42

15 Sunderland 42

16 Stoke 42

17 Newcastle 40

--------------------

18 Portsmouth 39

19 Boro 38

20 West Brom 34

This is based on far from certain home draws with Chelsea and Arsenal, far from certain wins against Boro, Fulham and Pompley, and defeats at Hull, Stoke, Liverpool, Villa and Spurs.

It's looking very much like West Brom gone, perm any two from us, smogs, Portsmouth and Stoke.

The plus for us is we should have a much better squad to pick from over the last half-dozen games or so with plenty due back. The minus is our fixtures, probably the hardest overall, with the last one looking scary as fuck if it's still undecided. Stoke go to Arsenal like, but Portsmouth and the smogs play Wigan and West Ham respectively, who'll both probably be on their holidays by then.

Also doing that predictor there seemed to be loads of games between the bottom six or seven clubs.

It's looking very much like West Brom gone, perm any two from us, smogs, Portsmouth and Stoke.

The plus for us is we should have a much better squad to pick from over the last half-dozen games or so with plenty due back. The minus is our fixtures, probably the hardest overall, with the last one looking scary as fuck if it's still undecided. Stoke go to Arsenal like, but Portsmouth and the smogs play Wigan and West Ham respectively, who'll both probably be on their holidays by then.

Also doing that predictor there seemed to be loads of games between the bottom six or seven clubs.

The return of Owen is now critical.

Aye credit where credit's due like, we never used to get these exciting last-gasp relegation battles :superman2sa2:

Aye title challenges did get a bit boring after a while. :lol:

Aye credit where credit's due like, we never used to get these exciting last-gasp relegation battles :superman2sa2:

Aye title challenges did get a bit boring after a while. :lol:

we'll be chasing promotion again soon. That will be really exciting, I wonder if that was part of Mikes "grand plan"

Absolutely essential Martins stays fit as well. I think with Owen's guile and the pace of Martins and Lovenkrands, plus the return of Barton, Guthrie and Nolan, we have a decent chance. Any more injury setbacks though and, well, it doesn't really bear thinking about.

Absolutely essential Martins stays fit as well. I think with Owen's guile and the pace of Martins and Lovenkrands, plus the return of Barton, Guthrie and Nolan, we have a decent chance. Any more injury setbacks though and, well, it doesn't really bear thinking about.

Agree with all the above and you can add beye onto that list - Collocini has never looked the same when mr newcastle has been at right back - at least bassong has the luxury of enrique and to a lesser extent guttierez to help him out - poor colo gets no help at all - if anything he doesn't know whether he is coming or going cos taylors positioning is so fucking bad - no coincidence to me that the defence started to deteriorate when beye got injured

Obviously i've always been a massive fan of Owen but he really is critical in these final games. On his day there are few better finishes and as Keegan showed if he plays that bit further back he could as you say exploit the pace of Martins and Lovenkrands. Against manu those two and Jonas caused genuine problems on the break, soemthing we haven't done all season really, with Owen in the mix there we could score some goals.