NUFC And Kevin Keegan - Official Statement

Craig

I think that JK has done at best a decent job,

Is the definition for 'decent' from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary 'fucking shit'?

:lol::doh: Point taken. It's all relative though - I'm thinking "decent" compared to where we'd be if Hughton was left in charge this whole time... :)

This comment does still stick in my mind....

Richard Bevan, chief executive of the League Managers Association stated the following month that Keegan would consider a return to the club but only if those who hold the ownership are willing to develop a structure which he is happy with.

When and where is this quote from?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan confirm that they are engaged in a confidential arbitration process in relation to Kevin Keegan's departure from the Club in September 2008 and that there will be no comment or statement by either side until the arbitration finishes.

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1575937,00.html

What's the fucking point in publishing that? It's not telling us anything we don't already know.

Very strange. Out of nowhere, and for no obvious reason that I can think of.

It's also curious that the club is speaking on Keegan's behalf - strikes me as a bit odd anyway for the club to be making statements in the name of both parties. Why not just say the club is in the arbitration process and will be making no comments? And, as you say, it tells us nothing we don't know. I've been trying to work out what might have prompted this but can't think of anything at all.

Because he is coming back, simple as.

We're you bieng sarcastic there or not?

Not at all, said in a post yesterday that I think they will be in crisis talks today and it wouldnt surprise me in the least if for a number of reasons, KK coming back was the final outcome.

Fingers crossed anyway. :icon_lol:

Would be great but I honestly can't see it :D

Fingers crossed though..

More likely it is preemptive PR.

When they are forced to fork out millions of pounds in compensation to the Keegler, they can point to this press release as another example that they tried to rehire him. And because they had to pay him out there is only 4.60 left for summer transfers.

:lol::doh::) That tickled me. £4.60 in the transfer pot :D

Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan confirm that they are engaged in a confidential arbitration process in relation to Kevin Keegan's departure from the Club in September 2008 and that there will be no comment or statement by either side until the arbitration finishes.

What's the fucking point in publishing that? It's not telling us anything we don't already know.

It's also curious that the club is speaking on Keegan's behalf - strikes me as a bit odd anyway for the club to be making statements in the name of both parties. Why not just say the club is in the arbitration process and will be making no comments? And, as you say, it tells us nothing we don't know. I've been trying to work out what might have prompted this but can't think of anything at all.

Because he is coming back, simple as.

We're you bieng sarcastic there or not?

Not at all, said in a post yesterday that I think they will be in crisis talks today and it wouldnt surprise me in the least if for a number of reasons, KK coming back was the final outcome.

Fingers crossed anyway. :pray:

Would be great but I honestly can't see it :(

Fingers crossed though..

More likely it is preemptive PR.

When they are forced to fork out millions of pounds in compensation to the Keegler, they can point to this press release as another example that they tried to rehire him. And because they had to pay him out there is only 4.60 left for summer transfers.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: That tickled me. £4.60 in the transfer pot :icon_lol:

I'm happy with that. 4.60 more than I was expecting.

[

Richard Bevan, chief executive of the League Managers Association stated the following month that Keegan would consider a return to the club but only if those who hold the ownership are willing to develop a structure which he is happy with.

Madeupshit-paedia.

However I seem to remember Bevan saying it at the time.

No chance Keegan's coming back under Ashley. He'd still be a perfect fit for us under other circumstances but not these, where the manager's role is so diminished because of Wise/the DoF.

I actually wouldn't want to see KK back unless there was a change of ownership. It couldn't work, and nothing's changed.

It might work but only if Llambias, Wise and Kinnear were all dispensed with - and I think the chances of that are slim.

He'll not do that like. He'll stick with his mates, as September proved.

I also reckon if a new owner came in (well I can dream :icon_lol:) Shearer would be more likely to get it than KK, but that's obviously just a guess.

I suspect it's just they are close to doing a deal with lets them part ways and no one speaks of anything ever again.

I hope I'm wrong though, although Keegan would have an even worse time in many ways in the unlikely event he did return.

Joint statement, the LMA put out the same.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/viewfromthetop-6298.html

[

Madeupshit-paedia.

However I seem to remember Bevan saying it at the time.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4299245,00.html

Joint statement, the LMA put out the same.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/viewfromthetop-6298.html

Ah, cheers. Curiosity killed then :icon_lol:

Edited by Big Onion

Sadly, I think if he ever came back, it would only end in tears again.

And probably not the tears of joy from a cup win.

It's not going to happen, and we should, and probably deep down already know this.

It's not going to happen, and we should, and probably deep down already know this.

Couldnt agree more. There are better managers out there than KK.

None that we could attract though...

I can't believe people are actually entertaining the idea that there is any hope that Keegan will come back.

He's second favourite behind JFK to be our next permanent manager according to oddschecker :icon_lol:

But aye I agree, never going to happen.

I can't believe people are actually entertaining the idea that there is any hope that Keegan will come back.

I am not entertaining the idea and I wouldn't want him back, however unpopular that is to say.

None that we could attract though...

Top top manager's banging on our door.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source....11055&z=13

Not a football man though. :icon_lol:

..and yet...... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Really? As said before he ain't coming back but to casually disregard kk's ability in that manner is more than naive. There probably are better managers out there but not as many as you and the london biased press think

What was that Llambias quote about the calibre of people who've been in contact with him again? :icon_lol:

“If I could tell you the number of top class manager’s banging on my door right now...Top, top”.

The thing is, what is football about? Pride? Hope? The day when KK came back showed why I love football. The genuine buzz & excitement when I heard the words 'Keegans back', everyone's phone bieng blocked with all the networks down, unable to ring as if it was a new year, and the buzz you could feel in the air.

People complain about some bieng obsessed about the past, and I understand that view point, but if some people are 'obsessed' about the past, then sometimes they kinda have a right to be. Because the magic that was brought by KK returning is the unique part of football & what makes me obsessed with this crazy game - "Yes, its not garanteed he'll bring success, but if he does...".

I know some people say Keegan coming back was a disaster waiting to happen, but imo, Ashley's regime/'structure' was a disaster waiting to happen under many different quality manager's who'd have came in/come in instead. Keegan coming back for unfinished business and achieving the pinnical, potentially winning something under him - not only winning a trophy, but winning a trophy under a legend after waiting so long, is definetely what its about for me and something to strive for.

The thing is, what is football about? Pride? Hope? The day when KK came back showed why I love football. The genuine buzz & excitement when I heard the words 'Keegans back', everyone's phone bieng blocked with all the networks down, unable to ring as if it was a new year, and the buzz you could feel in the air.

People complain about some bieng obsessed about the past, and I understand that view point, but if some people are 'obsessed' about the past, then sometimes they kinda have a right to be. Because the magic that was brought by KK returning is the unique part of football & what makes me obsessed with this crazy game - "Yes, its not garanteed he'll bring success, but if he does...".

I know some people say Keegan coming back was a disaster waiting to happen, but imo, Ashley's regime/'structure' was a disaster waiting to happen under many different quality manager's who'd have came in/come in instead. Keegan coming back for unfinished business and achieving the pinnical, potentially winning something under him - not only winning a trophy, but winning a trophy under a legend after waiting so long, is definetely what its about for me and something to strive for.

Nice post.

And of course Keegan could still do it. No reason at all to suppose he couldn't. I think it's extremely unlikely he'll ever be back though, and certainly not under these cunts.