NUFC And Kevin Keegan - Official Statement

Craig

I think under the current plan not even the return of KK could make me optimistic for the future. :icon_lol:

It would take personal guarantees from Ashley to KK for funds, the removal of the current setup and someone like Mort in before I could be confident that we were really going to have a go at things. If it then fails then so be it but under the current way of working we are screwed regardless of manager (if not this season then next).

Those things that are needed are, I feel just pipedreams.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody right, I'd be over the moon and it'd certainly be a step in the right direction. I can honestly say, as much as people would laugh at and jeer nothing would make me happier.

For me to forgive Ashley of all his fuckups all he would need to do would be reinstall Keegan and ditch Wise. As long as Keegan was brought in with everything out in the open (spending/saving) I don't care how much money they want to play with or what financial plan they want to work to. Letting Keegan manage the team while they manage the finances is all it needs.

Couldnt agree more. There are better managers out there than KK.
Yeah, there probably are a few. I wouldn't argue. My argument would be to allow him the same control that other managers in the PL enjoy and see how good he is. There is just no disputing the magic he brings to NUFC (as witnessed in the following post...).

The thing is, what is football about? Pride? Hope? The day when KK came back showed why I love football. The genuine buzz & excitement when I heard the words 'Keegans back', everyone's phone bieng blocked with all the networks down, unable to ring as if it was a new year, and the buzz you could feel in the air.

People complain about some bieng obsessed about the past, and I understand that view point, but if some people are 'obsessed' about the past, then sometimes they kinda have a right to be. Because the magic that was brought by KK returning is the unique part of football & what makes me obsessed with this crazy game - "Yes, its not garanteed he'll bring success, but if he does...".

I know some people say Keegan coming back was a disaster waiting to happen, but imo, Ashley's regime/'structure' was a disaster waiting to happen under many different quality manager's who'd have came in/come in instead. Keegan coming back for unfinished business and achieving the pinnical, potentially winning something under him - not only winning a trophy, but winning a trophy under a legend after waiting so long, is definetely what its about for me and something to strive for.

Again - great post. This is what sport is all about.

As it stands right now instead of looking forward to them it's more like I dread every game - and it's not even for fear of losing but rather that I won't even get to see any decent football. :icon_lol:

The thing that bugs me the most is Keegan came back, being promised so many things and making the future look an exciting thing. Instead of the roller-coaster ride it was supposed to be it was a short-lived damp squib because Keegan wasn't given the chance to do what he does best, he was restricted as soon as he'd been tricked in to returning and in that it gave so much false hope to so many fans... ultimately leading to possibly one of the biggest disappointments in modern footballing history. It could have been so much more, could still be so much more if the powers that be pulled their heads from their rectums.

Seconded. Not even bothered about winning something. Just having a smile and looking forward to it all again would be nice.

You're right... I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to going to the match. At the moment it's like a chore. I've paid so I suppose I'll have to go.

Well Wednesdays here, wonder whether they are going to hold the press conference before or after lunch.

Probably do it the same day as the post-window statement. :icon_lol:

• 1 month later...