Foster in the clear after using iPod

Angelus71

LONDON (Reuters) – The FA will take no action against Manchester United or goalkeeper Ben Foster for using an iPod during Sunday's League Cup final against Tottenham Hotspur, it said on Monday.

Foster watched videos of Spurs players taking penalties on an iPod and then saved from Jamie O'Hara as United lifted the cup after winning the penalty shootout 4-1 following their goalless draw at Wembley Stadium.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has resisted the use of any form of video technology, especially to determine if the ball has crossed the goalline, for many years. But the idea of using an iPod as a tactical aid is new and not against the laws of the game.

Former Premier League referee Graham Poll told the Daily Mail on Monday that using iPod technology "had the potential to exploit a loophole in the laws which should be referred to FIFA."

An FA spokesman said: "What happened was not against the rules so we will not be investigating the matter further."

Spurs were last involved in a penalty shootout a year ago when they lost to PSV Eindhoven in the UEFA Cup.

In that game, O'Hara fired a shot to the left of the goalkeeper and on Sunday he sent Tottenham's first penalty the same way and Foster saved.

"Just before the shootout I was looking at an iPod with goalkeeping coach Eric Steele and it contained images of Tottenham's players taking penalties," Foster said.

"They told me for Jamie O'Hara I should stand up and be strong and he would probably go the way he did. I have done a lot of research before but this is an innovation we have brought in at the club."

Think this is cheating? or another case of those fuckers getting off without any penalty! (no pun intended)

Graham Poll is such a bellend.

Worst possible personal qualities for a referee. The game is better without him and I wish more of those in the media would make the point when he's wheeled out for soundbites.

Graham Poll is such a bellend.

Like when he defended the sending off of Beye in the Man City home game.

''Well he's got to go he's denying a goalscoring opportunity''

It's called a ''tackle''. :icon_lol:

He just looks out for his mates half the time whilst in the process making himself look a prick.

He saved one penno for god sake. It was poorly struck and too near him.

He set the tone to be fair.

Not really, the next went in and the third went completely wide, Tom you dont need to have a pop after every post I make.

Do yourself (yoursel) a favour and give it a break.

This is the trouble with the transfer window being closed. You get loads of (non) stories like this. The Beeb gossip column today is headlined with Hiddink saying he'd love to stop Man Utd winning the 'quintuple'. No shit? :icon_lol:

What a non story that is! Its no different to somebody having watched Spurs play and telling him which way they player took his last pen, and even then he might not take it that way next time!

No surprise to see Poll involved, just waiting to hear Jeff Winter's words of wisdom now!

Not really, the next went in and the third went completely wide, Tom you dont need to have a pop after every post I make.

Nah, he doesn't, you're still a cock though :icon_lol:

What a non story that is! Its no different to somebody having watched Spurs play and telling him which way they player took his last pen, and even then he might not take it that way next time!

No surprise to see Poll involved, just waiting to hear Jeff Winter's words of wisdom now!

Winter hates him doesn't he? Clash of the massive egos there like.

It's called 'discussion' you pathetic knob. He's 'debating' your point. This is what 'football fans' do on 'forums.' Once in a while people 'disagree' especially when the first is talking a load of cobblers.

Board's been great without you lad. But already I can see the signs of you coming in and derailing every thread with your bullshit, wind-ups and trolling, then turning round and crying 'but I have to defend Spurs from all of you, you're "obsessed."' More like do us all a favour.

It's called 'discussion' you pathetic knob. He's 'debating' your point. This is what 'football fans' do on 'forums.' Once in a while people 'disagree' especially when the first is talking a load of cobblers.

Board's been great without you lad. But already I can see the signs of you coming in and derailing every thread with your bullshit, wind-ups and trolling, then turning round and crying 'but I have to defend Spurs from all of you, you're "obsessed."' More like do us all a favour.

Aye, is about right - and he's a cock :icon_lol:

Why don't you fuck off and die in a house fire you fat mess?

Spot on fella.....the lad needs to give his soft cockney head a wobble.

Foster is a good 'keeper, and this is a non-story really (who gives a shit if he used an iPod?), but he's getting a lot of praise for saving the one penalty. It *did* set the tone, but I think United's penalty taking skillz and David Bentley being SHIT had more to do with the win.

Foster is a good 'keeper, and this is a non-story really (who gives a shit if he used an iPod?), but he's getting a lot of praise for saving the one penalty. It *did* set the tone, but I think United's penalty taking skillz and David Bentley being SHIT had more to do with the win.

Spot on N17. Nice to see another Spur on here.

Not really

Spot on N17.

:icon_lol: