Skipper Revealed For Man Utd Clash

Craig

STEVE Harper will skipper Newcastle United when champions Manchester United visit St.James' Park on Wednesday night.

The Magpies are without captain Michael Owen and deputy Nicky Butt because of ankle and knee injuries respectively.

And coach Chris Hughton revealed on Tuesday that he has chosen the club's longest-serving player to lead them into battle against the Red Devils.

"This is a game when you need men on the football pitch," said the United coach.

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1577253,00.html

Funny.... I thought you needed that all the time tbh

Read this earlier on nufc.co.uk and was quite pissed off about it.

a. Dont thing goalies should be captains.

b. Dont think we have any leaders on the pitch lately. Think only Barton comes close.

Also looked at the photos of them training today. I know its petty but I wished they looked as pissed off at our current predicament as we do.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1577310,00.html

This

TBH i agree that a GK shoudnt be a captain but when you dont have any other senior players outfield im not too fussed about it rite now.

Reading on nufc.co.uk too about baheng making a scoring return after injury for the reserves and he is training with 1st team. He looked powerful and pretty good before he got injured...i wonder if he could make the step up towards the end of the season.

With the fuckwitts we have in charge i was expecting Taylor or Shola!

Never bothers me who's captain in football if i'm honest, its not like cricket and rugby captains who have a big say in what happens, in football leaders will lead whether they have the armband or not and one of our big problems is often the lack of talking amongs our players.

I dont think ive ever seen a photo of any type of organised training at the club. All the photos on the official site just show players having a laugh or the manager with his hands in his pockets looking pensively at the floor

I dont think ive ever seen a photo of any type of organised training at the club. All the photos on the official site just show players having a laugh or the manager with his hands in his pockets looking pensively at the floor

And they will be the hand picked photos they choose as they look the best, imagine what gets rejected!

Guest Stevie

I think they should give the long term captaincy and a new 3 year improved contract to Colwyn when he's back from injury. Failing that, Bassong could be a good leader for the future, better than permatanman anyway.