Drugs - Time to legalise - The Economist

Rob W

Drugs. What's it all about?

Was at a 40 something bbq on Saturday and once the food was done, a bong surfaced and most adults were sucking (or whatever they do) like new born lambs.

During the evening people kept going off for a top up and later in the night people were rubbing their teeth with their fingers (seen that in the movies ;) and rubbing their noses).

Basically my romantic idea of drugs is from 70's or 80's movies where the nice middle class family would tuck the kids into bed and then retire to the fuck off big bed to watch some TV while doing a joint.

Saturday has left me with questions.

1. If your knocking back drink and getting intoxicated why do you also need drugs?

2. Do you really need to top up every few hours.

3. Why go from bong / joint to Charles.

4. Is the intoxication from a bong so different to alcohol.

Great new set of friends btw :)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think weed and booze are a shit combination for partying. Vast mahority of "coke" is just too impure to justify the cost of it, and top ups are a few times an hour as opposed to every few hours when you get a taste for it and you either spend a fortune or have the anticlimax of running out. Strangely I discovered MDMA relatively late and if I do dabble now, then that's my poison.

j_2067334c.jpg

"Word on Da street, you is looking for iz, Chief."

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"Could be, could be, Marra."

j_2067334c.jpg

"You after some product? I's got Charlie, E's and some weed, Boss."

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"Fuck that shit, You got any of that sewpa Bong?"

j_2067334c.jpg

"Dong?"

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"Wrong."

j_2067334c.jpg

"Wrong?"

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"No, Bong."

Turns out being off the booze was the least of your worries then. :D

:lol:

Aye, there's me on Becks blue alcohol free with a couple of bottles of 2% fosters radler for a "hit" and every other fucker is filming an episode of the wire.

j_2067334c.jpg

"Word on Da street, you is looking for iz, Chief."

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"Could be, could be, Marra."

j_2067334c.jpg

"You after some product? I's got Charlie, E's and some weed, Boss."

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"Fuck that shit, You got any of that sewpa Bong?"

j_2067334c.jpg

"Dong?"

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"Wrong."

j_2067334c.jpg

"Wrong?"

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"No, Bong."

:lol:

:lol: who the fuck is CT knocking about with. Weed and coke at a family bbq ffs.

Turns out half the street are doing it. :lol:

Even this prim and proper type was standing there and this other land walks past and says " fancy a smoke shiela" and she was there in a shot.

Seems you actually wanted these answered.

Was at a 40 something bbq on Saturday and once the food was done, a bong surfaced and most adults were sucking (or whatever they do) like new born lambs.

During the evening people kept going off for a top up and later in the night people were rubbing their teeth with their fingers (seen that in the movies ;) and rubbing their noses).

Basically my romantic idea of drugs is from 70's or 80's movies where the nice middle class family would tuck the kids into bed and then retire to the fuck off big bed to watch some TV while doing a joint.

1. If your knocking back drink and getting intoxicated why do you also need drugs?
ever fancy a shot or two after some beers?
do you really need to top up your beer every few ...minutes?
see above
yes, very

Not only that, and not that I know anyone like this, but some people of an evening might be doing coke, cowies, ketamine, speed and more in one night and then settling down in the morning with some temazepam and weed.

Fucking hell, what a bunch of bamps. Next thing you know you'll be throwing your car keys into a bowl and getting the mazola out.......

Not only that, and not that I know anyone like this, but some people of an evening might be doing coke, cowies, ketamine, speed and more in one night and then settling down in the morning with some temazepam and weed.

I understand people doing just drugs, just seems a waste doing alcohol and drugs.

Although 4 pints and I'm away with the fairies anyway so adding drugs to the mix would probably make that two pints.

Interesting about the topping up bit. I'm guessing the effects of a smoke stay with you a lot less than alcohol.

I think I'm going to have to research this a bit more.

All coke really does is prolong your drinking time. It's a simple stimulant. I never really got why it's class a. It is bloody brilliant on an all day bender when you start flagging.

So in answer to your question coke it's a perfect companion for a long drinking session.

Weed on the other hand is not. Some people spin out if they mix it with booze. Alcohol is a depressant so not ideal to mix the two if you're out and about though I can see why people were mixing it with booze somewhere like a BBQ with access to plenty of food and places to sit and chill.

I think me and you are the odd ones out, sheltered lives etc.

I wouldn't say that. There's a time and a place for everything but I'm not a care free twenty something any more and would be mortified to attend a family bbq now where parents were spliffing up and snorting coke.

Tbh you've described a charver party. You're clearly too close to Mackem land.

So in answer to your question coke it's a perfect companion for a long drinking session.

Weed on the other hand is not. Some people spin out if they mix it with booze. Alcohol is a depressant so not ideal to mix the two if you're out and about though I can see why people were mixing it with booze somewhere like a BBQ with access to plenty of food and places to sit and chill.

I'm surprised someone as health conscious as you advocates combining cocaine and alcohol. The doctors I know tell me that can have disastrous health consequences.