Drugs - Time to legalise - The Economist

Rob W

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nearly 6 years since I started this thread and not much progress

i expect when it does it happen it'll be like the smoking ban or drinking in pubs in the afternoon or gay marriage

after a couple of years people will say "did we REALLY beleive that?"

nearly 6 years since I started this thread and not much progress

i expect when it does it happen it'll be like the smoking ban or drinking in pubs in the afternoon or gay marriage

after a couple of years people will say "did we REALLY beleive that?"

Given the intransigence of previous governments on this issue it's not really surprising a Labour government looking down the barrel of an election loss or a Tory party leading a coalition during a period of economic downturn haven't / didn't move on this in that period though, is it?

• 9 months later...
Cocaine users don't actually like it

OVER 700,000 people in the UK take cocaine regularly, despite none of them liking it.

Researchers found that cocaine users could not think of a single good thing to say about the drug and did not enjoy any aspect of taking it.

Recreational snorter Tom Booker said: “On the downside it’s wildly overpriced, turns me into someone I hate and I’m sure I’m getting a mono-nostril.

“On the plus side, it turns my mood really dark and makes my penis shrivel. No wait, that’s not great either.”

28-year-old Emma Bradford said: “Sometimes after a gak session I lie in bed listening to my accelerated heartbeat pounding in my ears like a crazed tribal drum.

“But then I think back to the fun we had that evening, and realise it wasn’t really fun, just a bunch of people waiting for a split-second gap in the conversation so they could jump in with some information about how amazing they are.”

Professor Henry Brubaker said: “It seems most decisions are made on the basis that you have to fill your time with something, even if you hate it.

“Anything to stop you thinking about work.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/cocaine-users-dont-actually-like-it-2014080889396