Bob Dylan

Kid Dynamite

The intro song to Watchmen was canny in an acoustic folksy sort of way and it turns out it was this

Im trying to broaden my musical horizons to include people that take drugs so any tips on which of his albums has similar themes, ie. harmonicas and acoustic guitars? Or is all his stuff like this?

Reminds me of Dallas Green a bit

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all of his stuff is like that at all.

Try :-

Blonde on Blonde

Highway 61 Revisited

You may not like the drug references however :baby:

in a similar vein, I also stumbled on this classic

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Kid Dynamite

Im trying to broaden my musical horizons to include people that take drugs so any tips on which of his albums has similar themes, ie. harmonicas and acoustic guitars? Or is all his stuff like this?

Reminds me of Dallas Green a bit

knee-jerk!

:baby:

Neil Young did some really good stuff but also a lot of shite.

For me :-

After the gold rush*

Zuma

Harvest

is the best of his work.

*Particularly

Yeh a good song, live version on the end of Harvest too.

However Young was also a heavy drug user and he criticises the lack of understanding in society in that very song :baby:

I would say these lads are in the same vein as the previously mentioned artists, either way their album ''What the toll tells'' is class so I would advise any folk/pop fans to check it out.

Also Willy Mason might be worth a shot.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Making 'Rapist Glasses' fashionable again apparently :baby:

You should check out some of the early Leonard Cohen if you dig Dylan. Seems like every Dylan fan I know (I mean real Dylan fans- not people like me who are sort of, "Yeah, he's aiight.") also digs Leonard Cohen.

Death of a Ladies Man and Songs from a Room are both pretty good in my opinion.

If you want a Dylan 'benchmark' album then Blood On The Tracks is your album chap. If you wanna fucking song that you'd wanna ram down your girlfriend / wife / back-stabbing friend / boss / wank work colleague(s) or people who jusr fuck you off then POSITIVELY 4TH STREET really is the benchmark. Bar none......'do you think I would make contact...with the one who tries to hide what he don't know to begin with?'....get amongst it chap.......it's fucking uplifting (not words you would associate with Bob Dylan and his music.....but it blows your mind........

All time hero.

Visited his exhibition in Edinburgh over the weekend just gone...he can't draw like. Shite at perspective :baby:

Touring the UK in spring...

Fri 24 Apr Sheffield

Sat 25 Apr London

Tue 28 Apr Cardiff

Wed 29 Apr Birmingham

Fri 1 May Liverpool

Sat 2 May Glasgow

Sun 3 May Edinburgh

If you want a Dylan 'benchmark' album then Blood On The Tracks is your album chap. If you wanna fucking song that you'd wanna ram down your girlfriend / wife / back-stabbing friend / boss / wank work colleague(s) or people who jusr fuck you off then POSITIVELY 4TH STREET really is the benchmark. Bar none......'do you think I would make contact...with the one who tries to hide what he don't know to begin with?'....get amongst it chap.......it's fucking uplifting (not words you would associate with Bob Dylan and his music.....but it blows your mind........

You got a lotta nerve

To say you are my friend

When I was down

You just stood there grinning

You got a lotta nerve

To say you got a helping hand to lend

You just want to be on

The side that's winning

You say I let you down

You know it's not like that

If you're so hurt

Why then don't you show it

You say you lost your faith

But that's not where it's at

You had no faith to lose

And you know it

I know the reason

That you talk behind my back

I used to be among the crowd

You're in with

Do you take me for such a fool

To think I'd make contact

With the one who tries to hide

What he don't know to begin with

You see me on the street

You always act surprised

You say, "How are you?" "Good luck"

But you don't mean it

When you know as well as me

You'd rather see me paralyzed

Why don't you just come out once

And scream it

No, I do not feel that good

When I see the heartbreaks you embrace

If I was a master thief

Perhaps I'd rob them

And now I know you're dissatisfied

With your position and your place

Don't you understand

It's not my problem

I wish that for just one time

You could stand inside my shoes

And just for that one moment

I could be you

Yes, I wish that for just one time

You could stand inside my shoes

You'd know what a drag it is

To see you

Regarding Neil Young, I'm reminded of the guitar solo on a version of "You Are Like A Hurricane", which I've heard a couple of times recently on the radio. It has to be the worst solo I've ever heard, not only because it's terrible, tuneless and interminable but because it ruins what would otherwise be a classic song. Not sure if this is just a live version, or the studio version, but it's bloody awful. And I like his stuff generally though, especially After the Goldrush.