Bob Dylan

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact he lives in a huge fuck off mansion these days sort of defeats his musical objective for me like.

This is why I have sympathy for the bloke: his fans are morons. They expect him to live like Ghandi and only write songs about civil rights. :D

His fans...or Brock?

Sorry yeah; his so-called fans, like the lot raging at him when he went electric. He was getting booed at every venue with The Band. Creative people tend to try new things and change over time, he was never going to be going round strumming protest songs for 50 years. As for the Victoria's Secret ads and so on, fair play, wouldn't you if you could? :D Nearly 70 years old and knocking about with Adriana Lima, not bad.

My parents saw him the other week at Sheffield, and a friend of mine at the 02 the following day. Was very good on both nights apparently.

Rob - crap singer? :D

crap singer

Try hitting some of the notes he does in Forever Young and anything where he's really throwing his voice high. This is, surprisingly, something you are categorically wrong about.

My parents saw him the other week at Sheffield, and a friend of mine at the 02 the following day. Was very good on both nights apparently.

Rob - crap singer? :D

crap singer

Try hitting some of the notes he does in Forever Young and anything where he's really throwing his voice high. This is, surprisingly, something you are categorically wrong about.

With the best will in the world, he's not a very good singer. He's got an interesting voice and obviously he knows a thing or two about writing songs but a good singer he ain't.

• 1 month later...
The fact he lives in a huge fuck off mansion these days sort of defeats his musical objective for me like.

This is why I have sympathy for the bloke: his fans are morons. They expect him to live like Ghandi and only write songs about civil rights. :lol:

His fans...or Brock?

Sorry yeah; his so-called fans, like the lot raging at him when he went electric. He was getting booed at every venue with The Band. Creative people tend to try new things and change over time, he was never going to be going round strumming protest songs for 50 years. As for the Victoria's Secret ads and so on, fair play, wouldn't you if you could? :D Nearly 70 years old and knocking about with Adriana Lima, not bad.

Exactly. He's never had a "musical objective".

Oh, and I'm a big fan by the way.

My dad has an amazing talent. He can sing a Bob Dylan song and make it sound even more tuneless.

As for that electric gituar nonsense all those years ago. They're his songs, so he can do what he likes with them. He can re-record his hits in a Scooter, cheapo dance style if he wants. Those bearded hecklers were pompus twats with social worker elbows.

• 1 year later...