Hull City 1-1 Newcastle United

dbsweeney

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not nervous - but that's maybe 'cos I'm trying not to think too much about it!

The Blackburn result really puts the pressure on. Even if we win (which if course we need too) the pressure remains on. Getting something out of the follow two games would be useful. As has been said though, it's all about the remaining games after that - Stoke etc. If we dont play each of those like they're a cup final (something traditionally we dont do well in B) ) then we're really screwed. We can pick up enough points to survive and it is within our ability - depends if we want it enough.

I refused to believe we're down until it's mathematically so. Obviously I'm aware of the very real possibility but I'm not going to say 'I think we're down'.

*returns head to hole in sand*

Nervous as hell like but i just get the feeling this is the game our players step up to the plate and part justify the wages they pick up.

Not really excited about Butt and Smith in the middle like, although the latter had a decent game against ManU. These are the games we should get the best from Butt although i am increasingly worried he'll give a penalty away or a freekick on the edge of the box.

Excited about Oba and Owen, would like to think CH and CC will start with that pairing and bring Owen off late in the game when he tires.

Im still going for a gritty 2-1 win...oba and owen....mite even stick a tenna on it!

B)

The game falls right in the middle of my split shift on Saturday. If we lose I may have to ring in and tell them I won't be coming back because of bereavement, which probably won't be too far from the truth...

It's on the telly over here LIVE @ 1.55AM on Sunday Morning. Will watch the Manchester United vs Liverpool match beforehand. Hopefully it won't be like watching a different sport.

It will be a bloody nervous watch, that's for sure.

From NUFC.com

From the Hull Mail, Friday:

The powers of the spirit world have been enlisted in a bid to help Hull City recover their home form.

The Tigers are without a Premier League win at the KC Stadium since beating Middlesbrough 2-1 in December. Now, ahead of tomorrow's vital game against Newcastle,

a renowned medium has performed a spiritual blessing

at the Walton Street ground.

Psychic Patrick Hutchinson has called on positive spirits to help City reverse the losing streak.

He was in Hull to perform a show when the Mail contacted him to ask him to visit the ground – and help put City on the road to glory once more.

He said: "Sometimes buildings and places can hold negative energies, which can affect those within it.

"It could be from a person who has died near the site of the ground whose spirit has not been guided towards the light.

Or it could be from a previous manager or disgruntled away fans who have left a lot of negative vibes at Hull City.

What do you guys think the starting 11 will be?

I reckon...

---Harper---

---S.Taylor---Coloccini---Bassong---Enrique---

---R.Taylor---Smith---Butt---Gutierrez---

---Lovenkrands---Martins---

I'd like to start with Owen upfront and Duff on the left bringing Gutierrez on the right, but one i dont think Duff will be fit enough and two i think CH will be too cautious to start Owen.

I hope we do start with Owen but i get this horrible niggly feeling called Fagan that the Hull players mite be out to crock Owen...call it cynical but they could look at it as if the crock Owen then we are in even more shit to stay up...thus aiding there chances to survive.

Starting to get nervous now...

Edited by Geordie Lad...

if hull find that early season form..we are fucked.

TBH, they haven't had that form in 15 games. B) Have faith!

Also, FWIW, Fox Soccer Channel is showing the game here in the States. Dunno if that helps you lot find streams or anything, but they're broadcasting it starting 4:30pm Central time here.

Also, FWIW, Fox Soccer Channel is showing the game here in the States. Dunno if that helps you lot find streams or anything, but they're broadcasting it starting 4:30pm Central time here.

just turn your webcam round for us marra!

I think Owen and Shola will start, Owen to look dead tired after 60 minutes but they won't put Martins on until the 80th.

Fagan is a horrible pseudo-footballer and the sight of seeing his smirking face is already turning my stomach - and that's before he starts to chop at Jonas and our other "decent" players.

just turn your webcam round for us marra!

Reckon I could do my own version of FanZone? :angry:

I think Owen and Shola will start, Owen to look dead tired after 60 minutes but they won't put Martins on until the 80th.

Fagan is a horrible pseudo-footballerand the sight of seeing his smirking face is already turning my stomach - and that's before he starts to chop at Jonas and our other "decent" players.

glass houses - throw stones