Hull City 1-1 Newcastle United

dbsweeney

the only thing that worries me is if it coms down to the last 20, 15 minutes or so, wwe've shown so many times we're tactically inept at changing a game for the better, take the FA cup match at hull, we had a good crack at taking them apart when they had half their team out and we couldn't do anything in the second half.

hopefully we can do a west brom and have it sorted by half time and hang on for dear life in the second half. my heart hopes for this, my head says otherwise.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Owen and Shola will start, Owen to look dead tired after 60 minutes but they won't put Martins on until the 80th.

Fagan is a horrible pseudo-footballer and the sight of seeing his smirking face is already turning my stomach - and that's before he starts to chop at Jonas and our other "decent" players.

glass houses - throw stones

How's that? You mean Nolan/Guthrie/Barton?

What a tool Brown is:

There is a lot of fighting talk coming out of Newcastle and it is interesting to hear that. If they had that fighting talk all season they wouldn’t be in the position they are in...as far as I am concerned, bring your fighting talk to the table at three o’clock and we’ll get it on B)

Joe has done a fantastic job there. When he came he took the pressure off the players and put it all on himself, hence probably the reason why he is in hospital. If the players had accepted that as their responsibility, then they wouldn’t be in the trouble they are in. As far as I am concerned, Joe not being there will be a hindrance to them.

I've just got marginally more hopeful about this one. The players are bound to see these quotes, and I can see them backfiring on the horrible sand-dancing orange mackem cunt :angry:

Still feeling bullish about this.

Our backs are against the wall - no doubt about it. But I expect us to do the job. The ManU game showed we were able to play football and that will have boosted some confidence despite the loss.

Opening 20mins are really important. We need to stamp our authority from the onset.

1414: HULL CITY v NEWCASTLE LINE-UPS

Hull: Duke, Ricketts, Turner, Gardner, Kilbane, Mendy, Ashbee, Zayatte, Geovanni, Fagan, Cousin.

Subs: Myhill, Dawson, Barmby, Hughes, Garcia, Halmosi, Manucho.

Newcastle: Harper, Steven Taylor, Coloccini, Bassong, Jose Enrique, Smith, Butt, Geremi, Gutierrez, Owen, Martins.

Subs: Forster, Duff, Ryan Taylor, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Edgar, Carroll.

owen starts get in that could be crucial

1414: HULL CITY v NEWCASTLE LINE-UPS

Hull: Duke, Ricketts, Turner, Gardner, Kilbane, Mendy, Ashbee, Zayatte, Geovanni, Fagan, Cousin.

Subs: Myhill, Dawson, Barmby, Hughes, Garcia, Halmosi, Manucho.

Newcastle: Harper, Steven Taylor, Coloccini, Bassong, Jose Enrique, Smith, Butt, Geremi, Gutierrez, Owen, Martins.

Subs: Forster, Duff, Ryan Taylor, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Edgar, Carroll.

owen starts get in that could be crucial

They seem to have the Taylors mixed up. Surely?

midfield is shocking

What's depressing more is the quality we've got ahead of them but who you just know are going to get fuck all service from the midfield. B)