6 Years ago today

Jimbo

Excellent trip, cowardly fans, corrupt refereeing.

I still think it would have been the ultimate in ironic victories if the ref had fallen for Bellamy's dive instead of booking him.

qrz11s.jpg

That one is from the home game a few months later I think.

Those were the days eh!

I think that's a second or two before Shearer spins round and elbows him in the face :baby:

I was so proud of our team after that night in the San Siro. I can remember being amazed we'd played like we did and actually got a draw against the mighty Inter in their own back yard but well fucked off at the same time at the antics of both them and the referee.

Best away game I've been to by far. Cracking couple of days. So many bizarre things went on. From sitting on the main road stuffing a whole chicken down my throat like some ape man to strutting my stuff in some top night club (cafe something or other) while one of our mates was trying to chat a lass up who didnt have a clue what he was going on about (you're in frigging Italy man!). Sneaking bottles of becks down in the subway like a bunch of naughty kids as there was a drink ban on before the game (but the cafe's in the subway still sold them). Then of course, during the game dodging the hail of shite that flew over the top when we scored.

Good times.

The San Shearo was the Mirror headline

Was a portuguese ref wasn't it who kept giving their portuguese winger anything and everything.

It is no coincidence btw that our shirt that season was fucking class and so were we. Our shirts since then have been shite, the team likewise

The San Shearo was the Mirror headline

Was a portuguese ref wasn't it who kept giving their portuguese winger anything and everything.

It is no coincidence btw that our shirt that season was fucking class and so were we. Our shirts since then have been shite, the team likewise

Matter of opinion like.

I fuckin hated that top with that god ugly purple and green NTL on the front......i think our current home top is the best one since the brown ale days.

6 years ago eh B)

Nice memories...... :angry:

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Remember When Solano absolutely tonked the bar in the first half and the mags going absolutely mental behind the gaol when Shearer got his second, Absolutely superb. Wish I was there! How many mags went over?

About 12'000

I've heard contrasting rumours, some say 6, some say 8, others say 10. I've never heard 12k before. Wish I was there..... I chose to go to Leverkusen instead...

About 12'000

I've heard contrasting rumours, some say 6, some say 8, others say 10. I've never heard 12k before. Wish I was there..... I chose to go to Leverkusen instead...

Think yourself lucky, I went to Barca and didnt even see the game!

About 12'000

Think yourself lucky, I went to Barca and didnt even see the game!

Should have stayed an extra night. Soopafan me like.