Venables linked again..

Scottish Mag

Tomorrows rags

THE PEOPLE

Joe Kinnear has had a setback recovering from heart surgery - and now Newcastle could make another bid to appoint Terry Venables as a short-term manager.

:lol:

They really are trying their best to relegate us arent they?

But is it much like getting Nolan and Taylor in January where we settle for what we think is something rather than nothing. Is he really the answer? Surely looking at a proper manager would be better?

A proper manager wouldn't want to work under Wise. Therein lies our problem.

But is it much like getting Nolan and Taylor in January where we settle for what we think is something rather than nothing. Is he really the answer? Surely looking at a proper manager would be better?

Incredibly they seem to think Kinnear is a proper manager. Therefore any new appointment would presumably be a stop gap. Seems to me Venables would be better than nothing, I still think it's more about there being 3 worse teams than us; I have no expectation we could put a run together, so we're relying on the likes of Stoke, Boro andWBA being unable to do it either. Not sure what anybody could do coming in with 9 games remaining tbh.

Edited by Kitman

Venables is about as good as we can hope for under the current regime. No-one else is interested sadly which is why the current boardroom needs disbanding with ASAP.

Looking at other managers at the moment is akin to Roeder going to scout Dirk Kuyt despite the fact he'd already signed for Liverpool - totally fucking pointless!

Any new manager will have to agree to a very limited transfer/wage budget and Wise buying the players. The only person who'd agree to that would be someone with absolutely no decent reputation, greedy for money, happy to be lied to and with nothing to lose. You can see why they're backing Kinnear

I think it's about time everyone faced facts the toon is well and truly fucked,it's no use hoping and waiting for a miracle to come along and put things right

As long as Ashley and his cronies have owt to do with this club we have got a one way ticket to the championship.

The likes of Owen, Viduka, Martins etc have been one thing for us bad signings and overpaid underacheviers.

And AMEOBI is just a frigging disgrace how he has lasted here is mind boggling

JFK's contract only runs till the end of the season anyway , why bring another 'temporary' manager in till then ?

make a fucking permanent appointment , and a decent credible one at that ! .

JFK's contract only runs till the end of the season anyway , why bring another 'temporary' manager in till then ?

To keep us up this season?

so why not make an appointment thats gonna be here beyond 9 games if were gonna make one at all ? shouylda been done when he first got sick . never mind working round and old mans bloody heart problems , were not a fucking charity , tho sometime's i feel we are when it comes to ashleys mates .

To keep us up this season?

so why not make an appointment thats gonna be here beyond 9 games if were gonna make one at all ? shouylda been done when he first got sick . never mind working round and old mans bloody heart problems , were not a fucking charity , tho sometime's i feel we are when it comes to ashleys mates .

When Kinnear was appointed there was a lot of uncertainty surrounding the club so giving him a short term contract made sense. At the moment I'd be happy to see someone take over until the end of the season so we can have a chance to take stock then and take our time to see who is available and who would actually be interested in the job but given their support for Kinnear I don't have much faith in them making the right appointment regardless of how much time they have.

Last time they let us drift under Hughton we lost four straight games (three at home). What reasons could they have for thinking it would be much different this time round?

Twice looks like carelessness, as they say. Mind you their set-up and general incompetence means they'll not be able to attract anyone decent even if they now want to. I doubt Venables would touch it at this stage myself.