I blame Ashley for everything that is wrong at the club. Shepherd is history and Ashley could have done anything.

However, I still failt to understand why the players who have pulled on a shirt have failed so miserably against some very shit teams.

I think our defence looks/looked strong enough to stay up

I think our attack should be able to convert chances.

Putting Ashley, bad managers and confidence to one side and just looking at whats happening on the pitch....It is the midefield that is getting us relegated. In particular I would point the finger at Jonas / Duff. I know these tow are a lot of peoples favourites, but to me they are headless fannies, like Viana, emre etc etc.

I would not play either again this season and would instead keep lovenkrands in there and either lua lua or any of the taylors.

These two fellows have failed all season, hence our position.

If you dont agree, which section of the team is to blame.

Jonas and Duff? Jonas has been one of our better players, whatever that says about the rest of the team, and Duff's had his best year in black and white. Most of our play that looks like producing anything comes up the wings. Or do you truly think that any of the following have contributed more to the team than Jonas and Duff: Butt, Guthrie, Barton, Smith, Geremi, Nolan?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What im try to get at, putting all the other shit to one side, is how even the teams that are now going out onto the field are incapable of beating these teams.

I am then trying to look at the make up of the team to see why its so inept, hence looking at the defense, the attack and midfield seperately.

When i do this in this clinical way, I end up with the midfield been the problem and in particular those two.

Defensive midfielders are just that defensive, its the "flair" midfielders who need to create and to me thats where we have failed so badly this term.

(Again, just put to one side, Ashley, injuries, management etc)

For a lot of years we have had very poor defenders. This season you could say its been a lot better and the defense escapes the blame.

Strikers can only feed of chances created (except shola).

It amazes me that Duff and Jonas get so many plaudits. I think they create very little.

So you admit that none of those six players I named have contributed more than Jonas and Duff.

No. Ive said that a lay the blame at the creatives / flair midfielders not the defensive. (which is the list you refer too).

Dont get me wrong, I dont think a great deal of any of them, but they have probably done enough of their role within the team to avoid the drop. Its creating chances that is the crux of of the problem.

Do you think it's an issue that we have 6 (well 5 really, Geremi is supposed to be creative) defensive midfielders, most of which are shit, and two creative players? I wonder to whom that problem can be attributed? I also simply disagree with your contention that Jonas and Duff are to blame for anything. Both have ran hard and worked hard for the team, more than wingers normally would have to, because our central midfield is so terrible. Could be that cuts down on their ability to create chances although would I remind you that our first-choice strike partnership has featured in so few games that it's hard to evaluate. I can think of a number of times, for example, when Duff and Jonas have picked out Shola in a good position only for him to squander possession/put it over the bar/etc.

I also think it's funny that you would try to say Duff gets "so many plaudits." Most posters here have constantly slagged him off.

Do you think it's an issue that we have 6 (well 5 really, Geremi is supposed to be creative) defensive midfielders, most of which are shit, and two creative players? I wonder to whom that problem can be attributed? I also simply disagree with your contention that Jonas and Duff are to blame for anything. Both have ran hard and worked hard for the team, more than wingers normally would have to, because our central midfield is so terrible. Could be that cuts down on their ability to create chances although would I remind you that our first-choice strike partnership has featured in so few games that it's hard to evaluate. I can think of a number of times, for example, when Duff and Jonas have picked out Shola in a good position only for him to squander possession/put it over the bar/etc.

I also think it's funny that you would try to say Duff gets "so many plaudits." Most posters here have constantly slagged him off.

I know exactly who is to blame, however I was trying to look at the team itself on this occasion rather than the other (altough very important) factors.

If not Duff and Jonas (Who have had a good run this season) then which individuals would you pick out?

Creative midfielders / wingers first job must be to do just that. Duff gets lots of plaudits of various forums and the blinding loyalty shown to Jonas I find hard to understand.

Dont get me wrong, I hope he comes good but I just cant see it. I think we'll start looking good when Bartons back.

It will be the simple killer through ball that gets us goals, not all this fannying on and failing to cross / pass / score IMO

I am no fan of Duff but out of the 22 games when he has started we have won 5 and lost 8, of the total we have played in the PL (29) we have won 6 and lost 12. Had Duff played in the other 7 games might we not have won one more game.

I don't know! but I wonder if we looked at the same stats for the likes of Butt and Geremi. What I do know the team lacks pace and purpose and are playing like a team that is going down!

BTW it's not just a midfield problem, in the main we are shite right from the top of the club to the bottom, do you really wonder why we're in this position?

I am no fan of Duff but out of the 22 games when he has started we have won 5 and lost 8, of the total we have played in the PL (29) we have won 6 and lost 12. Had Duff played in the other 7 games might we not have won one more game.

I don't know! but I wonder if we looked at the same stats for the likes of Butt and Geremi. What I do know the team lacks pace and purpose and are playing like a team that is going down!

BTW it's not just a midfield problem, in the main we are shite right from the top of the club to the bottom, do you really wonder why we're in this position?

No.

The point was why, with the players who pull on the jersey, are getting turned over by really crap teams such as Hull and West Brom. It was raised with one eye on the fact that Ashley, Hughton or Kinnear will have no effect on what happens next, only the eleven on the pitch.

Ive said it before but I dont think we'd be in this position if a "leader / shouter" was in midfield giving out the arse kickings. This happens in most games everywhere be it the prem or Sunday league, yet doesnt happen at the toon.

This is why I think JB will save our season.

No.

The point was why, with the players who pull on the jersey, are getting turned over by really crap teams such as Hull and West Brom. It was raised with one eye on the fact that Ashley, Hughton or Kinnear will have no effect on what happens next, only the eleven on the pitch.

Ive said it before but I dont think we'd be in this position if a "leader / shouter" was in midfield giving out the arse kickings. This happens in most games everywhere be it the prem or Sunday league, yet doesnt happen at the toon.

I see your point. But the players should take to the pitch fit, motivated and with a good idea of what they're supposed to be doing as individuals and as a team. That's down to the coaches and management. From what I've seen this hasn't been the case this season. They cross the touchline and usually look like they haven't got a clue, and it doesn't seem to bother most of them either.

No.

I see your point. But the players should take to the pitch fit, motivated and with a good idea of what they're supposed to be doing as individuals and as a team. That's down to the coaches and management. From what I've seen this hasn't been the case this season. They cross the touchline and usually look like they haven't got a clue, and it doesn't seem to bother most of them either.

Exactly how I feel as well.

A number of posters on Newcastle boards recently seem to be inordinately hostile towards NUSC.

I wonder why :)

Could be that too many on here on hyper sensitive to any criticism of NUSC

I wonder why :)

That might have sounded good in your head, but since I've never once discussed the ins-and-outs of NUSC (largely because I have no strong opinion on the subject) any insinuation that I have a pro-NUSC agenda doesn't make a lot of sense. Like most of your posts really :lol:

You, on the other hand, are all over anything relating to them. I've not read it but I imagine the like-minded folk at Window-Lickers Offline are much the same.

You do love yourself dont you :lol:

You're coming across as a bit of a buffoon mate. I suggest you calm down a bit.

Listen, if you all want to have a love in and only congratulate yourselves on having the same opinion, or in onions case no opinion, then thats fine, enjoy it. But some of us on here do have a different point of view and like to stick it out there now and again. While this remains a PUBLIC OPEN forum, I will continue.

If onion and the like want to drop into a thread, and drop in little one liners without any debate, then they can at the very least expect a little back.

When they start speaking down their fucking noses like a condescending little prick, they can fuck right off. :lol:

You on about Newcastle Offline btw?

I think he may mean yours truly. He doesn't appear to like me :lol:

Tree's a mental midget so when ideas sail serenely over his head he complains of people being condescending towards him, the poor thing.

Besides, I could never be accused of any kind of snobbery - it's something I've always looked down upon :lol:

Tree's a mental midget so when ideas sail serenely over his head he complains of people being condescending towards him, the poor thing.

Besides, I could never be accused of any kind of snobbery - it's something I've always looked down upon :)

If you got to him, he hid it well :lol:

Besides, I could never be accused of any kind of snobbery - it's something I've always looked down upon :D

Big Onion, Little Opinion

Be fair tho, you do love yourself just a tadge too much ;)

Im guessing lots of mirrors in the onion household.

No.

That's the problem, IMO.

How does Fulham go from nearly relegated to a top 10 side? Roy Hodgson. Unless I'm forgetting the big names they signed over the summer, it's basically the same roster as last year, innit?

That's our problem- our manager and front office. How do you fix it? That's where it gets tricky-

After Keegan fucked off, we ended up with Kinnear because no one wanted the job. Why didn't anyone want the job? Fill in the blanks as you wish- high pressure situation, shite DoF, no money to bring in new players, whatever. Point is, we'll keep on doing this dance until Ashley figures out no EPL team can manage itself and having a great manager and DoF is just as important as having talent out on the pitch.

Big Onion, Little Opinion

Well that's me telt :lol:

'You're that big-headed I bet you've got loads of mirrors and that', fucking hell ;)

Do you find your punters tend to ask for the radio on?

Just the ones with nothing of interest to say :D

Is it just me or does your avatar look like she's saying, "My compass"?

Jonas and Duff? Jonas has been one of our better players

He's a committed player I'll give him that but he has no end product. Give me Solano any day of the week, now there's a player we could do with now, someone who can actually cross a ball and pick a pass. Saying that, compared to Butt, Duff, Geremi, and Smith, Jonas is world class. I don't think there is another team in the Premiership that has a worst midfield. The whole lot needs replacing nevermind one or two. Sadly even if we do stay up next season, I can't see anything changing.

Our ONLY hope is if someone buys us out and injects some much-needed money into this club. Otherwise the future is very bleak. Against my better judgement I’m still going to the match, but if nothing changes in the Summer, I’m not giving that man a penny more of my money.

Edited by duo

No.

Is a bollocking from Joey really going to compensate for a woeful lack of ability?