World Cup bids for 2018 and 2022

dbsweeney

If only someone had told him at the time that Qatar was a tiny country. I had a quick check on Wikipedia and apparently, it's half the size of Wales and is in fact smaller than the Falkland Islands.

Like that he's trying to shift the blame onto Platini, mind you. Sepp and Michel, two evil bollocks in the same foetid ballbag of corruption.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig said:

World Cup ambassador says homosexuality is 'damage in the mind' 

Salman was speaking to ZDF in a documentary to be broadcast on Tuesday.

"They have to accept our rules here," he said. "[Homosexuality] is haram. You know what haram [forbidden] means?"

When asked why it was haram, Salman said: "I am not a strict Muslim but why is it haram? Because it is damage in the mind."

The interview was then immediately stopped by an accompanying official.

Ffs… medieval cunts. 

Best hope there’s no dodgy weather, we all know who’s fault that’ll be…

110848.jpg--david_silvester_in_the_summe

• Haha 1

I've just looked up the proximity of the stadia being used. Distance between the furthest apart is 44 miles!!

Fucking hell, that's going to be a logistical nightmare with supporter crossover

The whole thing’s been laughable from the start really. The last one was in Russia after Putin had annexed the Crimea though, so it’s not like there’s even a facade of the whole bidding process not being corrupt any more. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alex said:

The whole thing’s been laughable from the start really. The last one was in Russia after Putin had annexed the Crimea though, so it’s not like there’s even a facade of the whole bidding process not being corrupt any more. 

Can’t wait for the next one in China/North Korea/Myanmar. 

Fuck's sake, this thread made for some bad reading later on. :unsure: Made rather a tit of myself. :lol: All I can say that it was 12 years ago and I was 24 and even dumber than I am now. 

24-year-old me said I'd give it a chance and wait and see how it developed. Well, I tried to do that, and it was foolish. After they confirmed in 2015 that the tournament would be switched to November, I knew I'd been taken in. The human rights violations are shocking and disgraceful - but of course, South Africa, Brazil and Russia all have their problems in that arena as well - but above all the fact that the entire bid, with its promises of air-conditioned stadiums, had been a lie from the beginning (as I now believe they never had any intention of holding it in the summer at all) turned me completely off it. I swore then not to watch a minute of it. 

That'll be sorely tested in the coming weeks I imagine, but I'm going to hold to it. Fuck this phony WC, fuck the frauds who awarded it, fuck the emir, his entire corrupt family, and seven generations of his ancestors, fuck the lot of them. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Fuck's sake, this thread made for some bad reading later on. :unsure: Made rather a tit of myself. :lol:

Don’t worry, you weren’t the biggest tit.

On 18/03/2009 at 11:31, Guest Stevie said:

England will get the 2018 World Cup I don't think it's even an argument, it's long overdue as well, I'm not nationalistic, but England should get every fourth World Cup in my view, given the fact we made the game, it's a bigger business here than anywhere, we have the best infrastructure, and facilities.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Craig said:

Still maintain Australia should have had this. They'd have done a fabulous job of it.

If it wasn't for the TV broadcast times I think we would have got it. And also the corruption, mostly the corruption.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Craig said:

Still maintain Australia should have had this. They'd have done a fabulous job of it.

Let's see how we deal with the Women's World Cup next year (with NZ).

Would have been a good time this Southern winter though, to play.

10 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

James Maddison not in the squad apparently. But Kalvin Phillip is!

Good.  He will be fit and raring to prove someone wrong in black and white in January :smile:

Edited by RobinRobin

As an England supporter, you’d hope Maddison is on the plane. He’s the form midfielder in the country and it would be fucking nuts if he isn’t.

As a Newcastle fan, I hope he doesn’t make it, and he concludes he needs to join Newcastle in January in order take his career to the next level 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

He'll also be thinking he needs to leave Leicester for caps. If Wilson gets in the squad, he'll know he can get caps playing for Newcastle. 

Shola got plenty of caps playing for us.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

He'll also be thinking he needs to leave Leicester for caps. If Wilson gets in the squad, he'll know he can get caps playing for Newcastle. 

Think those days are over…Tarkowski got capped at Burnley, Keane got capped at Hull, both by Southgate. Think Vardy was picked at the start of Southgate’s tenure before he got bored with the bench and told Gareth to do one.  

To me it looks like Mason Mount is getting Maddison’s seat on the plane…he’s not a bad player but ffs Maddison is light years better

Edited by PaddockLad

Squad announced at Noon

Id wager a bet there won't be an surprise. He doesn't seem to like Maddison for one reason or another (maybe personality so he might think he'll rock the boat)

I think he'll take Wilson but no place for BDB.

I think Pope, Trippier & Wilson will get the nod but as you say, no place for Burn. 

It's madness about Maddison but great news for us. I think it'll convince him his time is up at Leicester and push through the move in January. 

46 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think those days are over…Tarkowski got capped at Burnley, Keane got capped at Hull, both by Southgate. Think Vardy was picked at the start of Southgate’s tenure before he got bored with the bench and told Gareth to do one.  

To me it looks like Mason Mount is getting Maddison’s seat on the plane…he’s not a bad player but ffs Maddison is light years better

mount is a classic southgate player - solid but unspectacular - he kept graelish out of the side during the euros when graelish was the form player