World Cup bids for 2018 and 2022

dbsweeney

Re: the timing, I agree. Not that I think it can happen but it would be quite funny if we got it and only ITV were allowed to cover it. Not that I'm a massive fan of ITV but there was no good reason, other than shit-stirring, to put that programme out on Monday. Especially when you consider how far back the allegations went.

Fifa are a fucking joke mind. How people Jack Warner and some dude from Vanuatu (not to mention Blatter himself) have so much say in the running of an organisation of that scale is beyond me.

How the fuck does that work eh???? Someone from a country with two rocks and a sewage outflow getting a vote, incredible. There's every chance it will come down to Blatter with the deciding vote, I fear for our bid if it does.

Funny list for the 2022 WC as well btw. Hope the Aussies get it. It's just a shame Blaydon and Li3nZ don't post on here any longer.

Is that announced today as well?

Funny list for the 2022 WC as well btw. Hope the Aussies get it. It's just a shame Blaydon and Li3nZ don't post on here any longer.

Is that announced today as well?

I think so, aye.

Re: the timing, I agree. Not that I think it can happen but it would be quite funny if we got it and only ITV were allowed to cover it. Not that I'm a massive fan of ITV but there was no good reason, other than shit-stirring, to put that programme out on Monday. Especially when you consider how far back the allegations went.

Fifa are a fucking joke mind. How people Jack Warner and some dude from Vanuatu (not to mention Blatter himself) have so much say in the running of an organisation of that scale is beyond me.

How the fuck does that work eh???? Someone from a country with two rocks and a sewage outflow getting a vote, incredible. There's every chance it will come down to Blatter with the deciding vote, I fear for our bid if it does.

If we lived there we'd probably have a canny few caps. I'm not even taking the piss either ;)

If we lived there we'd probably have a canny few caps. I'm not even taking the piss either ;)

;):) You're right. We'd be like Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton man. Yee'd be Charlton obviously :)

If we lived there we'd probably have a canny few caps. I'm not even taking the piss either :)

;):) You're right. We'd be like Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton man. Yee'd be Charlton obviously ;)

:) Looks-wise, the other way round in terms of playing style though :)

Had the perfect view of that goal, i.e. from the NE corner. Seems like a hell of a long time ago now.

What year was it?

Actually I'd probably rather not know!! ;)

About 2003 I think.

Carroll was in the video playing for England and Shola got his picture playing for the toon shown ;)

Where are you watching the coverage? Is it being televised? Might have to sack graft off sharp if it is.

Had the perfect view of that goal, i.e. from the NE corner. Seems like a hell of a long time ago now.

What year was it?

Actually I'd probably rather not know!! :)

About 2003 I think.

;)

I was trying to work it out. We came third that year and it was in the spring I think. Might've even been the year before (when we came 4th) but I think it was the 2002/03 season.

2002 Everton (h)

2-1 (0-1)

Premiership

Shearer(86), og(Tie Li)(89)

Campbell(17)

Possibly the best strike of Alan Shearer's career as he caught Shola Ameobi's header on the volley and almost ripped the Gallowgate net off with a 25 yard screamer.

Craig Bellamy forced the winner off defender Tie Li which was strangely unheralded, given that it secured three points rather than just the one which Shearer's effort had gained.

Actually thinking back, we won loads of games 2-1 that season at SJP. Or seemed to anyway.

Leeds, aswell. Solano bang off the bar .... Robinson nowhere near it.

That was two seasons prior that mate, Robson's first full season. Marcelino had his best game for the toon iirc and Dacourt scored from an indirect free kick in the 6 yard box. I used to love beating Leeds ;)

Betting for this now, bookies seem to think it's wors :)

England 4/6

Russia 11/5

Spain/Portugal 4/1

Howay!