World Cup bids for 2018 and 2022

dbsweeney

Qatar have certainly got the financial backing. Doubt they have the passion for the sport like some of the European countries have, that might be their only set back

They're only up against USA, Australia, S. Korea and Japan though.

Qatar hot favourites, pardon the pun 1/2 with some bookies. I'd rather Australia got it like because it's their winter time when it would be on.

Qatar have certainly got the financial backing. Doubt they have the passion for the sport like some of the European countries have, that might be their only set back

I donno like England v Brazil and Brazil v Argentina were only friendlies and sold out. They're really pushing the boat out financially and are pledging air conditioned streets, I don't know how that will work like.

It's getting exciting, I'm desperate for us to get this.

air conditioned streets and three hotels you are allowed to have a drink in. what about training facilities? accomodation? There are less people in Qatar than in Tyne and Wear + Northumberland, where are the crowds going to come from.

the only way qatar are going to get / have got it is by throwing money around.

Edited by mrkikiet

Qatar hot favourites, pardon the pun 1/2 with some bookies. I'd rather Australia got it like because it's their winter time when it would be on.

what a disgrace.

Playing kiss-arse to tin pot countries instead of the worlds most capable countries with the most suitable TV times, the best players, stadiums, facilities, everything ie Europe.

FIFA is a disgrace, like the UN..

I'm sure I said this a while back.

It's Englands turn, Germany have had it twice, Spain, Italy and France all since we last had it.

what a disgrace.

Playing kiss-arse to tin pot countries instead of the worlds most capable countries with the most suitable TV times, the best players, stadiums, facilities, everything ie Europe.

It's Englands turn, Germany have had it twice, Spain, Italy and France all since we last had it.

Calm down man. Europe are getting it in 2018.

I donno like England v Brazil and Brazil v Argentina were only friendlies and sold out. They're really pushing the boat out financially and are pledging air conditioned streets, I don't know how that will work like.

air conditioned streets and three hotels you are allowed to have a drink in. what about training facilities? accomodation? There are less people in Qatar than in Tyne and Wear + Northumberland, where are the crowds going to come from.

If they get it, it will purley be on the basis of them representing the Middle East & Arabic countries, but before it gets to that they would have won it with the financial capabilities they have.

Edited by bawan

what a disgrace.

yes mate, but when will it next be europe again ? They are being dictated to by PC loonies from Africa and all the other tin pot countries who basically hate England - politics rather than the best countries to stage it.

If they get it, it will purley be on the basis of them representing the Middle East & Arabic countries, but before it gets to that they would have won it with the financial capabilities they have.

why should the middle east and Arab countries get it ? They are footballing pygmies man.

It gives them the opportunity to evolve.

what a disgrace.

yes mate, but when will it next be europe again ? They are being dictated to by PC loonies from Africa and all the other tin pot countries who basically hate England - politics rather than the best countries to stage it.

Basically you can't have it if your continent will have had either of the previous two WCs.

It's not really a World Cup if it's only ever held in Europe or the Americas.

Edited by ewerk

what a disgrace.

I think about every third tournament (but sometimes every other tournament) in Europe is about right. Every other tournament is probably too often and we were lucky enough to have it that way for a long time. Political correctness barely comes into it where Fifa are concerned. It's all about money. Personally I think it was good in many ways to finally have a tournament in Africa. It is the World Cup, after all.

And perhaps if we stopped invading tin pot countries they would like us more ;)

what a disgrace.

Basically you can't have it if your continent will have had either of the previous two WCs.

True but to me it doesn't feel like one if it's not in Europe or the Americas. I loved every World Cup up to 1998.

why should the middle east and Arab countries get it ? They are footballing pygmies man.

It gives them the opportunity to evolve.

You little racist.

what a disgrace.

Might have to start looking at hosting it with Scotland or something. That seems to have been the trick for the previouse couple of major tournaments, Japan & Korea & European Championships in Austria & Switzerland. That might look as though all the pressure is not just on one country to prepare and host.

what a disgrace.

The FA Cup Final is always held in London ........

Should be held where the money is, stadiums, audience, players, and suitable TV times. Europe. Rotating it by continenst favours the likes of the tin pot countries because they have less countries proportionately capable of staging it.

It's all politics, and they hate England, and as is now obvious, are corrupt.

Sure I said this a while ago...

Edited by LeazesMag

what a disgrace.

True but to me it doesn't feel like one if it's not in Europe or the Americas. I loved every World Cup up to 1998.

For me '94 was the cut off point where it really was just all about the money and nothing to do with how much the game was loved in the host nation, etc.

what a disgrace.

The FA Cup Final is always held in London ........

Should be held where the money is, stadiums, audience, players, and suitable TV times. Europe. Rotating it by continenst favours the likes of the tin pot countries because they have less countries proportionately capable of staging it.

It's all politics, and they hate England, and as is now obvious, corrupt.

Sure I said this a while ago...

Different though, tbf. I don't think all the semis should be held there mind.

Sepp Blatters powerbase at fifa are the countries of the devloping world....he's got to keep them happy to keep the gig. But he has to balance that with making a shedload of money.Which is where we (and Qatar) come in. But the Spanish/Portuguese bid has 12 votes in the bag apparently, which is the compromise between us and Russia, and it looks like even fifa cant face handidng their showpeice event to the mafia.

Sepp Blatters powerbase at fifa are the countries of the devloping world....he's got to keep them happy to keep the gig. But he has to balance that with making a shedload of money.Which is where we (and Qatar) come in. But the Spanish/Portuguese bid has 12 votes in the bag apparently, which is the compromise between us and Russia, and it looks like even fifa cant face handidng their showpeice event to the mafia.

I don't believe that. There'll be toys out of this pram if we don't get it, this is bigger than the Olympics.