Ketsbaia

smoggeordie

here's my story to do with ketsbaia.

when he played with us in 1999, i watched the quarter final of the f.a. cup with my dad and my sister on the t.v. he played a blinder that day and we made it through to the semi's. the following day my sister told her teacher at school of what she watched the day before. my sister has learning difficulties and has problems with her speech and is quite hard to understand sometimes. so when she was telling her teacher about Ketsbaia, the teachers thought she was talking about a Gas Fire!! after hearing this story my dad decided to send a letter to the man himself to tell him the story and wish them good luck for the cup semi final against tottenham.

not expecting to hear anything else back we received a letter in the post a couple of weeks later. he had found the story hilarious and so had his team mates. he invited us to the final home game of the season against blackburn. we were met at the ground by his wife, Katarina, and she asked us if we wanted to go into the players lounge after the game to meet the man and the rest of the team. being a huge newcastle fan we accepted the offer and met the lads after the game. this was the best day of my life supporting newcastle and the man is a legend!!

Guest Stevie

when he played with us in 1999, i watched the quarter final of the f.a. cup with my dad and my sister on the t.v. he played a blinder that day and we made it through to the semi's. the following day my sister told her teacher at school of what she watched the day before. my sister has learning difficulties and has problems with her speech and is quite hard to understand sometimes. so when she was telling her teacher about Ketsbaia, the teachers thought she was talking about a Gas Fire!! after hearing this story my dad decided to send a letter to the man himself to tell him the story and wish them good luck for the cup semi final against tottenham.

not expecting to hear anything else back we received a letter in the post a couple of weeks later. he had found the story hilarious and so had his team mates. he invited us to the final home game of the season against blackburn. we were met at the ground by his wife, Katarina, and she asked us if we wanted to go into the players lounge after the game to meet the man and the rest of the team. being a huge newcastle fan we accepted the offer and met the lads after the game. this was the best day of my life supporting newcastle and the man is a legend!!

:wub: soz like and am not taking the piss, but that's canny funny.

:wub: soz like and am not taking the piss, but that's canny funny.

it's quite ok mate, we were peeing ourselves too!!

Probably not, I didn't pay that much attention. He was fun to watch as he kicks advertising hoardings and shouts like a madman. Imagine if you signed Di Canio and Edmundo during that period.........

There's no debate about it :wub:

I remember when we signed him and apparently people said out of the Georgian midfielders/attackers at the time he was the best they had and better than Kinkladze. Although tbf Kinkladze did just turn shite overnight.

Basically people figured out he only went sideways.

HAGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!

• 12 years later...

"One day I would love to be celebrating with the fans after watching Newcastle win a trophy. Every country I visit I bump into somebody who wants to talk about Newcastle. It's great. I love the club, the city and the fans."

"The fans were fantastic with me and supported me from the first day. I would love to stand with them and cheer the team on one day, hopefully to see a trophy lift."

"They have got the results they need and are not in as much danger as they were. Relegation is not the threat it was and things are looking good so far."

"Things for the change for the better. I don't want to say the previous owner didn't care but the big difference is the new owners have money and are willing to spend. They want to spend money and bring new players into the team. We can look forward now and maybe the team will challenge to win something."

"This won't be easy, even getting to the Champions League, because you have six or seven teams that you need to jump over if you want to challenge to win a trophy. At this moment it is a good situation for the club and the team. The ambition is there and that is the most important thing."

• Like 1

• 3 months later...