Hmm, that cant be right. Just done the predictor thing and had the bottom as

37 NUFC

37 Stoke

36 Sunderland

36 Hull

29 Boro

26 West Brom

Id take it now of course.

Had our points from Stoke away (1), Portsmouth home (3), Boro home (3), Fulham home (1).

What is worrying is that according to this, if we drop 2 points from any of that lot we would finish 3rd bottom. Thats very possible especially Portmouth at home if we drew. I have 8 points from 4 games there, I reckon 7 is the minimum we can take from them.

Worse still, is some teams around us have been getting freaky results.

Really starting to clutch at straws about staying up.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a report doing the rounds today that suggests that we've built no contigency into any of the players contracts in the event of relegation - i.e. if we go down, a reduction in any players wages will have to be negotiated and cannot be applied automatically.

You know what? I wouldn't be in the least bit suprised if that was true - for too long now, the person who's been responsible for negotiating player contracts at SJP has wanted fucking shooting.

And if it is true and we do go down, there's only two courses of action I can possible foresee:

1. Financial meltdown

2 A firesale

Great :(

did you expect "planning" ?

there is always this: words from the clubs new commercial guy taken from an interview in last weeks business section fo the Journal.

talking about relegation and the commercial impact

Webber says: “What is this word relegation? I think if it ever happened, which personally I don’t foresee, it will just be a case of rebuilding.

“Newcastle will still have a huge fan base and the black and white will still be very much a strong brand that people recognise, but maybe the types of brands we target will change.

“If you do remove the Premier League, then the global appeal we have is reduced, so maybe we bring the focus back to national brands and national, rather than global partnerships.

With all the audacity of a great salesman, he even argues the commercial positives that could be taken if the club did find itself in football’s second tier: “A lot of brands could see it as an opportunity .

“I imagine there are a lot of companies that, because of the loyal and passionate fan-base, would look at Newcastle and think they could make a long-term investment.”

So; perhaps the plan IS to take us down !

there is always this: words from the clubs new commercial guy taken from an interview in last weeks business section fo the Journal.

Webber says: “What is this word relegation? I think if it ever happened, which personally I don’t foresee, it will just be a case of rebuilding.

“Newcastle will still have a huge fan base and the black and white will still be very much a strong brand that people recognise, but maybe the types of brands we target will change.

“If you do remove the Premier League, then the global appeal we have is reduced, so maybe we bring the focus back to national brands and national, rather than global partnerships.

With all the audacity of a great salesman, he even argues the commercial positives that could be taken if the club did find itself in football’s second tier: “A lot of brands could see it as an opportunity .

“I imagine there are a lot of companies that, because of the loyal and passionate fan-base, would look at Newcastle and think they could make a long-term investment.”

So they are employing a guy that doesn't realise that being relegated is an unmitigated fucking disaster - I see our level of recruitment is still par for the course then. :(

Am I the only who truly believes that a consortium of people on here could seriously have a done a considerably better job than those morons?

Am I the only who truly believes that a consortium of people on here could seriously have a done a considerably better job than those morons?

A bucket of warm piss could have done a better job.

You could have taken a few posters off here, whacked them in the dugout for this season and we'd have more points.

You'd have to be careful with which ones you picked mind :(

You could have taken a few posters off here, whacked them in the dugout for this season and we'd have more points.

You'd have to be careful with which ones you picked mind :(

Gemmill and Ant IMO. Then have Stevie doing the half-time team talks. We'd shit the lot of it.

I honestly believe posting Mike, Derek and Dennis a copy of Football Manager each would 1/2 our chances of relegation (at the very least they might be too busy playing it to screw anything else up).

So they are employing a guy that doesn't realise that being relegated is an unmitigated fucking disaster - I see our level of recruitment is still par for the course then. :(

and just to add to our woes, he's from Cambridge and has a background in professional ............wait for it ..............THE SPORT THAT BRITAIN EXCELS IN

Fuckin Tennis

Well my end of season league prediction makes awful reading. I think we'll draw at Stoke and Villa and beat Boro. The rest, I can't see us getting anything leaving:

Liverpool 86pts

Man Utd 83pts

Chelsea 82pts

Arsenal 77pts

Everton 64pts

Aston Villa 58pts

Spurs 54pts

Fulham 53pts

West Ham 53pts

Portsmouth 50pts

Wigan 49pts

Man City 48pts

Stoke 41pts

Bolton 40pts

Sunderland 39pts

Hull 36pts

Blackburn 36pts

Boro 35pts

Newcastle 34pts

West Brom 25pts

:(

Well my end of season league prediction makes awful reading. I think we'll draw at Stoke and Villa and beat Boro. The rest, I can't see us getting anything leaving:

Liverpool 86pts

Man Utd 83pts

Chelsea 82pts

Arsenal 77pts

Everton 64pts

Aston Villa 58pts

Spurs 54pts

Fulham 53pts

West Ham 53pts

Portsmouth 50pts

Wigan 49pts

Man City 48pts

Stoke 41pts

Bolton 40pts

Sunderland 39pts

Hull 36pts

Blackburn 36pts

Boro 35pts

Newcastle 34pts

West Brom 25pts

:(

Urgh, us going down and the scouse winning the league. The ultimate double-whammy in my book.

It's worse here... my lass will be gloating for fucking years :razz:

tbf everytime she gloats she just has to look at you to bring her back down to earth :(

Mighty rich coming from you werepig... :(

As a whole we probably have a better idea of players around the world than the club for one.

As a whole we probably have a better idea of everything.

FYP

It's worse here... my lass will be gloating for fucking years :nufc:

tbf everytime she gloats she just has to look at you to bring her back down to earth :razz:

Mighty rich coming from you werepig... :(

Oh fuck, you're not going to cast a whizzywig spell on me are you? :(

theres no way in hell im buying fizzy pop strips for me and my son..so theres 90 quid not going to ashley.....there will be no motd on saturday night ...so ill just have to shag the wife....the goose wont be getting my 5 pints of smiths....and the kebab shop should just call it a day now....happy days ahead :(

I honestly believe posting Mike, Derek and Dennis a copy of Football Manager each would 1/2 our chances of relegation (at the very least they might be too busy playing it to screw anything else up).

lol :(