The ship

Guest stormrider

Keegan has definitely left us in the mire, I don't think there's any doubt about that. If he has stayed I think we would have more points now (possibly enough to already be safe or at least where Spurs are now). But the reason he left is the reason we are in the mire and that's Ashley and his band of merry mongers.

Keegan doesn't deserve and special credit for leaving (a better option for us would have been for him to stay and attack them from within), I don't believe he was thinking with the fans best interests he was thinking about himself (which by the way is probably just exactly the same as anyone else in his position would do). But the arguments about him shouldn't deflect the blame away from where it truly lies.

Ashley, through either incompentence or malicious intent, is making Shepherd look like a football genius. In two years he a stumbled from one tragedy to another and as long as he is here it is only likely to get worse. When the inevitable happens (we will go down next season if a miracle happens this one) I see us as less likely to come straight back up than we did last time.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keegan left us in the mire?? Sorry, but that is just rubbish imo.

The FACT! is that there was plenty of time to bring in a quality manager, buy good players and move the club forward. There is only one person responsible for the demise of this great club and that is Mike Ashley.

Ashley's presided over the two shortest managerial tenures in the club's history. And they were consecutive. Takes some fucking doing considering the history of the club

He is the dark master. :(

The FACT! is that there was plenty of time to bring in a quality manager, buy good players and move the club forward. There is only one person responsible for the demise of this great club and that is Mike Ashley.

To think anything else is the purest driven madness.

Basically how I see it. You can blame x, y and z in the form of previous managers and the old board but whatever blames lies there is vastly overshadowed by what Ashley has done since taking over.

Keegan doesn't deserve and special credit for leaving (a better option for us would have been for him to stay and attack them from within), I don't believe he was thinking with the fans best interests he was thinking about himself (which by the way is probably just exactly the same as anyone else in his position would do). But the arguments about him shouldn't deflect the blame away from where it truly lies.

The thing is how?

He was clearly doing that with his post-Chelsea at home statement, but the summer was still what it was.

He obviously was in a very limited position and had very little room for manoeuvre, hell Ashley still wouldn't back down over Wise's power even when Keegan left, so how was Keegan going to claw back the power he should have had if even that didn't work?

Not to mention that if Keegan had stayed and the results had turned, it would have been all blamed on him anyway (which is why managers like to be able to actually manage).

The reason we ended up with Kinnear was partly because of the "for sale" sign, but I think probably more to do with very few decent managers wanting to work in a situation like Keegan was in, one that was probably more prescriptive than Curbishly found himself in..... and he, of course, walked away from that.

It's just a sad sad situation

And it's getting more and more absurd.

Edit: Damn you have to be fast in this place.

When I think of Newcastle these days this is the soundtrack....

The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel

And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides

And a dark wind blows

The government is corrupt

And we're on so many drugs

With the radio on and the curtains drawn

We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine

And the machine is bleeding to death

The sun has fallen down

And the billboards are all leering

And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles

It went like this