Toon stars plead for Venables

Jimbo

Isn't Kinnear on a £1m bonus if we stay up? I'd say that's why Ashley hasn't replaced him, he doesn't want to pay out twice.

Even in the event of his replacement due to health reasons? Surely Ashley has better solicitors drafting his contracts than that. Besides, what's one million compared with relegation?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be a fucking QUEUE of people who supposedly "love tha toon" who should be offering to do it for free if it stops us going down.

Like shite man. Queuing up to be the scapegoat?

Why is everyone so worried??? LLabia said that there were top managers beating down the door for the job and I am sure that any one of them would be happy to have a go with only eight games left.

[/american sarcasm]

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle have no plans to bring in Terry Venables as manager on a temporary basis.

Reports on Tuesday suggested Newcastle were considering appointing Venables on a stop-gap basis as Joe Kinnear continues his recovery from heart surgery.

Caretaker management duo Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood are currently in charge of first-team affairs at St James' Park with reports suggesting a number of players had called for an experienced head like Venables to come in and steady the ship.

Newcastle dropped into the relegation zone after losing 3-1 to Arsenal at the weekend, but the club's hierarchy are thought to be happy with their current coaching set-up and have ruled out a move for former England chief Venables.

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle have no plans to bring in Terry Venables as manager on a temporary basis.

Reports on Tuesday suggested Newcastle were considering appointing Venables on a stop-gap basis as Joe Kinnear continues his recovery from heart surgery.

Caretaker management duo Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood are currently in charge of first-team affairs at St James' Park with reports suggesting a number of players had called for an experienced head like Venables to come in and steady the ship.

Newcastle dropped into the relegation zone after losing 3-1 to Arsenal at the weekend, but the club's hierarchy are thought to be happy with their current coaching set-up and have ruled out a move for former England chief Venables.

:huh:

This club man.

There should be a fucking QUEUE of people who supposedly "love tha toon" who should be offering to do it for free if it stops us going down.

Yeah, I know there WON'T be .... but there SHOULD be.

I know what you were saying. I was disagreeing. Unless you meant should be as in under different circumstances, conditions etc.

I know what you were saying. I was disagreeing. Unless you meant should be as in under different circumstances, conditions etc.

What I meant was, there can't be many people who don't think the blame lies with Ashley....but all the same they're going to watch from the sidelines while we get relegated. I think most fans would do anything they could if there was even the slightest chance it would do any good. I do realise that football doesn't work like that though. :huh: :huh:

What I meant was, there can't be many people who don't think the blame lies with Ashley....but all the same they're going to watch from the sidelines while we get relegated. I think most fans would do anything they could if there was even the slightest chance it would do any good. I do realise that football doesn't work like that though. :huh: :huh:

Not worth arguing about mate anyway as I would imagine any genuine offer of help would get a firm 'no' anyway.

I suggest they hire Mike Bassett.

"Newcastle will play four four fucking two" :huh:

If memory serves, according to the film, didn't Bassett manage Newcastle prior to managing England ?

If memory serves, according to the film, didn't Bassett manage Newcastle prior to managing England ?

Norwich iirc.

My God how do I remember that? :huh:

Norwich iirc.

My God how do I remember that? :huh:

You are probably right but I'm sure he had Newcastle on his CV.

Why is Ashley so blind to the fact that we're like a rudderless ship? I'm not a big fan of El Tel but I'd take him over what we've got. We desperately need someone to lead these players, and now would be the perfect time to get that someone in. It beggar's belief how badly this club is being run. :huh:

Edited by duo

Why is Ashley so blind to the fact that we're like a rudderless ship? I'm not a big fan of El Tel but I'd take him over what we've got. We desperately need someone to lead these players, and now would be the perfect time to get that someone in. It beggar's belief how badly this club is being run. :huh:

Nero. Fiddled. Rome.

"Mike Ashley is definitely not interested in employing a Red Adair-type figure. He is 100 per cent confident in the ability of his managerial team to get the club out of trouble.

“There have been no conversations with Terry Venables and there won’t be any with him or anyone else. That’s guaranteed. No chance.

“They are not interested in Tel. Mike Ashley remains totally committed to sticking with what they have currently got come what may.

“He is confident Joe Kinnear will get them out of trouble so there’ll be no new faces.

"It’s just a question of which game Joe comes back for. His recovery is going exceptionally well. He expects to be back for the Stoke game in some capacity or the Tottenham match if things keep going well.”

:lol:

We're so fucked.

Edited by Happy Face

100% confident despite as much evidence as you like to the contrary. Reminds me of Llambias on relegation the other week:

"It's totally inconceivable. You just couldn't go there – and we won't go there. I might be bullish about it, but you have got to have that faith."

Pure bluster, based on absolutely nothing but blind hope and wishful thinking. They'll struggle to push us towards promotion next season if they think hot air is going to blow us up the table. Fucking clowns man.

100% confident despite as much evidence as you like to the contrary. Reminds me of Llambias on relegation the other week:

"It's totally inconceivable. You just couldn't go there – and we won't go there. I might be bullish about it, but you have got to have that faith."

Pure bluster, based on absolutely nothing but blind hope and wishful thinking. They'll struggle to push us towards promotion next season if they think hot air is going to blow us up the table. Fucking clowns man.

The Red Adair analogy is spot on.

They seem to have faith the well will burn out rather than snuffing it out.

The Red Adair analogy is spot on.

They seem to have faith the well will burn out rather than snuffing it out.

Edit: It will of course...and there'll be no frigging oil left.

Edited by Happy Face