Taylor should be available for Stoke.

Park Life

EXCLUSIVE: At last some good news for Newcastle as Taylor's injury is not as bad as first feared

By JOHN EDWARDS Last updated at 12:11 PM on 25th March 2009

Comments (0)

Add to My Stories

Battler: Toon defender Taylor

Steven Taylor has given crisis club Newcastle a massive boost by sailing through a scan on his damaged ankle and setting his sights on their key relegation battle with Stoke.

Newcastle chiefs were bracing themselves for losing their England Under 21 defender for the rest of the season after fearing he had torn ligaments in last Saturday's 3-1 home defeat by Arsenal.

But he was given the all-clear late last night (Tuesday) after a scan showed he had suffered nothing worse than bruising.

Taylor, raised on Tyneside and fiercely committed to the Newcastle cause, was said to be 'hugely relieved' and anxious to return to an increasingly uphill struggle for Barclays Premier League survival at the earliest opportunity.

Has been immense the last few games.

EXCLUSIVE: At last some good news for Newcastle as Taylor's injury is not as bad as first feared

Comments (0)

Add to My Stories

Steven Taylor has given crisis club Newcastle a massive boost by sailing through a scan on his damaged ankle and setting his sights on their key relegation battle with Stoke.

Newcastle chiefs were bracing themselves for losing their England Under 21 defender for the rest of the season after fearing he had torn ligaments in last Saturday's 3-1 home defeat by Arsenal.

But he was given the all-clear late last night (Tuesday) after a scan showed he had suffered nothing worse than bruising.

Taylor, raised on Tyneside and fiercely committed to the Newcastle cause, was said to be 'hugely relieved' and anxious to return to an increasingly uphill struggle for Barclays Premier League survival at the earliest opportunity.

I am not a huge fan of his but he has been great the last couple of games - really rolled his sleeves up and looks prepared to die for the team- pity about sideshow bob in the centre of defense though - now there is a dilemma with Beye fit

Comments (0)

Add to My Stories

Immense. :huh:

The back four has looked at its best this season when it's been Beye-Colo-Bassong-Enrique so I'd go with that. Harsh on Taylor though as he's done well of late.

Should have been sent off against Man u and Arsenal like...

Maybe against Arsenal but definitely not against Man Utd.

Taylor has been great most of the season and deserves a starting place in my opinion, not to mention the fact that he was keeping the lads going in the last match, we need that kind of passion to stay up, i'd take Coloccini out of the equation if I'm honest. Hes hopeless.

If Taylor carries on improving i honestly think he will be our future captain.

Taylor has been great most of the season and deserves a starting place in my opinion, not to mention the fact that he was keeping the lads going in the last match, we need that kind of passion to stay up, i'd take Coloccini out of the equation if I'm honest. Hes hopeless.

Don't know how you can say he definitely shouldn't have been. He easily could have been even if C. Ronaldo made a massive meal of it. Especially seeing as he was booked for the tackle he did about a second later.

I won't even comment on the rest of your post btw :huh:

Edited by alex

Don't know how you can say he definitely shouldn't have been. He easily could have been even if C. Ronaldo made a massive meal of it. Especially seeing as he was booked for the tackle he did about a second later.

I won't even comment on the rest of your post btw :huh:

Well if you ask me he barely touched C. Ronaldo, i think you've fell for the famous Ronaldo dive to be honest :huh: Its ok, hes fooled us all at some point.

C.Ronaldo did make a massive meal of it :huh:

Yeah but he wasn't even booked for that, which he could have seen red for, and was then booked about 2 seconds later for a tackle which also could have been red.

He has played well the last couple of games I admit... but one swallow and summer, etc.

I'm not saying he hasn't been putting some silly tackles/elbows in I'm just saying Ronaldo made a meal of it.

He almost did a combat roll for fucks sake :huh:

Taylor can be a fucking clown at time, but he always seems to be the one making last ditch tackles and blocking the certain goals. Will be a big boost for us if he is fit as we would probably have to play Edgar or move Beye to CB which he isnt very good at.

Id drop Colo for Taylor

Taylor's best form has come at right-back though. He's yet to prove he's less of a liability than Coloccini is at centre half though this season.

Its seriously worrying that it is good news he's going to be fit as we will actually need him. He was impressive against Arsenal, but can't say he's been "immense" in the last few games, unless he's been defending great in the away matches ive not seen. But with no Bassong and Colo struggling Taylor will have to step up and do something at CB because his only good games this season have been at RB where he can't cause as much damage.

Also he should have been sent of against both arse and man, though i'm glad he wasn't obviously. Ronaldo, as ever, made a meal of it but the fact is the ref could happilly have given him a red for hitting ronaldo in the face/throat and also a yellow for clattering their defender seconds later!

But going into the Arse match i just knew deep down that the return of Beye meant you could guarentee one or more of the other defenders would get bloody injuries!

Id drop Colo for Taylor

Taylor's best form has come at right-back though. He's yet to prove he's less of a liability than Coloccini is at centre half though this season.

He saved 2 goals last week in a CB position. After Colos extra special tackle I would definately give him a bash there

Id drop Colo for Taylor

He saved 2 goals last week in a CB position. After Colos extra special tackle I would definately give him a bash there

He wasn't playing centre back though was he numpty. :huh:

He was covering there though wasnt he! And its not like he hasnt played there before. Hes hit a purple patch so why not exploit it?

Because he's been a liability when he's played centre back before.

He was covering there though wasnt he! And its not like he hasnt played there before. Hes hit a purple patch so why not exploit it?

Because he's been a liability when he's played centre back before.

Colo is hardly excelling there at the moment.

Taylor struggles to mark, so has been doing alright at right back. He's good at blocking shots and committing himself, but when it comes time to do some marking off the ball he's all arms pointing and gesturing left right and centre.