Camping

Ally

• 3 weeks later...

For fellow campers I highly recommend Golden Square campsite, nr Helmsley York.

http://www.goldensquarecaravanpark.com/

Lovely site with two play parks for the kids, one geared towards the older kids with zip wire etc.

Only 19 miles off York so well situated for a nice day out.

Very clean facilities and actually winner of Loo of the year :razz:

• 1 year later...

dont do it. Its no fun. Its one of those things that you imagine is going to be great and then turns out to be a cold an early bed followed by a very early and cold rise.

If you must do it, do it near a pub.

Just got back from 3 days at Thorpe Farm which is just off the A66.

Canny spacious site with lots of room for the kids to run around.

Stuff near by:

We visited Barnard castle so the lasses could fit in their shopping fix followed by a trip to low force, a series of smaller waterfalls and plunge pools. (Downstream from High Force).

hyjezama.jpgsegary7e.jpg

Edited by Christmas Tree

I have no idea which one would be my favourite out of George Foreman and a border collie

The George Foreman, of course. Border collie eats sponge, sponge cleans George Foreman, George Foreman cooks border collie. The rules of "Border Collie, Sponge, George Foreman" are quite clear on this matter.

The George Foreman, of course. Border collie eats sponge, sponge cleans George Foreman, George Foreman cooks border collie. The rules of "Border Collie, Sponge, George Foreman" are quite clear on this matter.

I do like border collie's but i couldnt eat a full one.

Camping is horrible. I've never camped without it raining, and I've never camped and got a sound night's sleep.

Still, after enough time you forget how shit it is and put the tent up again.

I think what makes it good for us is (cue CT bullet points)

There's about 12 of us in four tents

Loads of alcohol

Good quality tents that let nowt in

More alcohol

Camping in areas where there's somewhere to go / something to do

More Alcohol

George Foreman

Microwave.

Can understand it being a bit dull if there's just a few of you but for us it's a nice way for grown up family to get together and have a laugh.

Sounds ok if you like a few days away with an extended family. Wouldn't dream of it with just Wife and kids. Meant to be dragging ourselves away from Villa/pool today for a drive through mountains to wherever we end up but as it's only an hour after breakfast and I'm on my third shit already it may have to be put back till tomorrow. :lol: